It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Personal History Of Saddam Hussein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Whilst the war may have ended it seems that it may still be necessary for some people to learn just what a nutzoid he was and particulary for how long he was a nutzoid.

Here is perhaps a most telling snippet

"While receiving aid from Egypt, he finished high school at the age of twenty-four and continued his political education. While in Egypt, he was arrested on at least two occasions for threatening a fellow student and chasing another down the street with a knife, both for political differences. In 1961, he entered Cairo University School of Law, but did not finish his studies there. In 1963, a group of Baathist army officers tortured and assassinated General Qassim. This was done on Iraqi television. They also mutilated many of Qassim's devotees and showed their bodies (in close up) on the nightly news for more than one night. Saddam, hearing the news, quickly rushed back to Iraq to become involved in the revolution. And involved, he was, as both an interrogator and torturer at the infamous "Palace of the End", in the basement of the former palace of King Faisal"

Full link to article

www.emergency.com...

The events in the above snippet happened in 1963 and if you think this man was sane at this point you`d be better off sticking your head in bucket and not paying any attention to the world.

This is just one piece and a search on the net will get you far with this guy.

So next time someone tells you that America did n`t know what a nut they were dealing with tell them to stick it.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Excellent. You can find all kinds of information now, in 2003, and act as if everyone in the "know" knew everything we know now.
Maybe they did, but I find it hard to believe. The government is so compartmentalized, bad info is often toned down.

Still, interesting information. Thanks. I won't stick it, by the way, so you'll have to continue to work your butt off to prove that there is a long line of evil creatures that has been driving this nation to world domination. Meanwhile, I'll learn from the information you drag up. So far you've only brought me information that backs up what I already figured.

I think the big difference between us is that I don't give our government as much faith in their competence. I believe they are basically inept and handling one major situation at a time is the best they can do. If anything else is needed, we survive only because of the prayers of God-fearing people, beseeching mercy from a loving God.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
"Thanks. I won't stick it, by the way, so you'll have to continue to work your butt off to prove that there is a long line of evil creatures that has been driving this nation to world domination"

Ok stick it was the wrong phrase. I`m just trying to show you that there is a duplicity and hypocrisy in the current administration that dates back a couple of decades.

"You can find all kinds of information now, in 2003, and act as if everyone in the "know" knew everything we know now."

True, however, info of this nature has been freely available for quite some time and it is almost inevitable the US services would have known what a unstable guy he was. Rumsfeld with his defence associations would almost certainly have known. Just as he would know what he was doing being involved in selling Nuclear reactors to the North Koreans.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Be prepared for all manner of "Saddam Hussein: A journalist remembers"; "MY Wild Nights with Saddam,"; "Saddam misunderstood genius"; " Saddam Completely understood lunatic"; "Saddam's Schooldays"; "Fly-fishing with Saddam" etc...blah...yawn...
it will turn out that his paediatrician knew he was a bad'un when he was a mere cooing tot.
Harry Potter will have a rival.
The BBC were reduced to interviewing his cook (I'm not joking) this morning.
It serves little purpose to recycle this stuff beyond shedding light on politicians to reveal what we all knew anyway.
And politics does tend to be a whirl of shifting alliances: "the enemy of my enemy" remains a maxim and one recalls, a propos of Churchill cuddling up to Stalin, that the former said that he'd be friendly with the Devil, as long as the Devil was fighting Hitler.

new topics

top topics

join