It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: List Of Polling Place Problems On Election Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This thread is here specifically to analyse the problems faced by voters on election day. I will list as many problems as I can find, bear in mind that I am relying on the good and true nature of people on this day to provide me with facts about the situation and not with lies.

Latest at the top...

1 800 OUR VOTE. Lawyers are standing by

If you are voting then it is advised that you take some form of identification just in case, Even though in many places you're under no obligation to do so it is best to remain prepared. Call the above number to speak to lawyers if anything is suspect.

TOP VOTER ALERTS:
PHILADELPHIA, PA: VOTES FOUND ON POLLING MACHINES BEFORE POLLS OPEN. CLAIMS DENIED.

November 2, 2004
Statement of Philadelphia City Commissioner Marge Tartaglione

Philadelphia, PA�In response to online reports alleging voter irregularities in Philadelphia, City Commissioner Marge Tartaglione, the official responsible for overseeing elections in the city, issued the following statement:

�Recent press reports have stated that machines in at least one precinct were not properly calibrated to ensure an accurate accounting of the number of votes cast.
�These allegations are completely unsubstantiated and have no factual basis whatsoever.�

BROWARD COUNTY, FL.
PRECINCT 9K was merged with Precinct 13K. No notice was given in Precinct 9k about this change. Precinct 13k Houses only 2 Voting machines. Voters on the ground unable to reach authorities.

POLLING/VOTING
Straight Democratic Ticket in TX is a vote for Bush Travis County DNC
Absentee ballots missing in CA, Reported by CA DNC.
Voters Asked for ID, NUMEROUS SITES.
Polling Place Bomb Threat, PHOENIX, AZ| - Reported by KTAR FM
Voter Arrest For Wearing Costume - GAINESVILLE, GA MSNBC
Election Judge Abandons Polls for Short Time, ESSEX, MD
Voters Threatened at Univ of Pennsylvania,
Republican Lawyer Harassing Voters, MIAMI, FL, Miami TBTM Reports
TX, NC, SC straight party ticket does NOT cast vote for president WWAYTV
Lever Voting Machines Down in PA, Voters offered "pencils" to mark ballot, SPRING CREEK, PA.

DIEBOLD VOTING MACHINES (Electronic Voting)
Diebold Machine Problems in Nevada, Requires repeated pressing to register votes.
Voting Machine Problems Plague Southern Louisiana WWLTV
Problems Reported In Southern Florida MSNBC
Broken Diebold Machines in Ohio, Polls don't open in time

Weather may effect voter turnout
This election may have some elements repeated from 2000 in New Mexico. Freak snow storms are blanketing the Eastern, and Southeastern parts of New Mexico and West Texas. In 2000 a similar storm keep some voters from the polls. The normal strong Reupublican turnout from these areas did not materialize, allowing Al Gore to win New Mexico by 366 votes.

Weather May Affect NM Turnout

Updating as it comes in.

HOW TO REPORT VOTING PROBLEMS
ELECTION PROTECTION NATIONAL HOTLINE
This number is for immediate legal assistance - use in an emergency.
1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683)

NBC VOTER ALERT LINE
Call this number to leave a message about your problem.
1-866-MY-VOTE1 (1-866-698-6831)

SELECTED STATE-SPECIFIC HOTLINES:
1-866-999-8683 - Arkansas
1-877-298-6837 - Arizona
1-800-946-3504 - Florida
1-800-519-3502 - Iowa
1-866-788-8967 - Louisiana
1-800-651-8683 - Maine
1-866-722-2483 - Michigan
1-888-424-2004 - Minnesota
1-877-239-8683 - New Hampshire
1-877-938-6832 - Nevada
1-866-228-1542 - Ohio
1-877-640-8811 - Oregon
1-866-728-6839 - Pennsylvania
1-800-322-1144 - Virginia
1-866-947-6557 - Wisconsin
1-866-988-6837 - West Virginia

TO REPORT PROBLEMS ONLINE:
Verified Voting's Election Incident Reporting Systems
voteprotect.org...

OTHER RESOURCES
Voters Unite - report problems here:
www.votersunite.org...
Problems will be listed here:
www.votersunite.org...

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you want to add anything, please u2u or post it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
you're nothing but a rabble rouser.

If your guy doesn't win, you will claim fraud, even in the absence of it.

sickening.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
sickening.

Um, WTF ???

Who/what the hell are you talking about?

Do you have any idea the context of the initial post/thread?

Misfit

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
moxyone...did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? No where is Nerdling starting trouble....just letting people know where the problems are and what to do...."read" before posting dear!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Firstly, As a foreigner and a journalist. I have no guy.

The numbers listed are taking complaints from ANY type of voter, be you a republican, democratic, libertarian or whatever. If you have any *republican* problems you have seen or wish to add then please say so and they will be included.

People may claim fraud because fraud may just exist. As much as you'd like to count on the honour of everyone on a day of choice it's just simple not realistic.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Interesting image:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ice cream bribes to mentally-challenged individuals:

www.nbc5i.com...

LUFKIN, Texas -- Lufkin-area Republicans are complaining about voting by residents from the local state school for the mentally disabled.

The Lufkin Daily News reports the Angelina County GOP headquarters was told that Lufkin State School employees bribed students with ice cream. They also alleged improper use of a state van to take students to the poll for early voting.

County Republican Chairman Dale Ingle alleges the school was trying to boost Democratic efforts to fight the possible closing of the school.

But school administrator Randy Spence denies any wrongdoing. He says being a state school resident doesn't bar the resident from voting. The federally funded organization Advocacy Incorporated says Texans lose the right to vote only if a judge declares them mentally incompetent.

Spence says nearly 30 school residents are registered to vote, but only six had been to early voting. He says five others signed up to vote during regular voting today.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Firstly, As a foreigner and a journalist. I have no guy.

The numbers listed are taking complaints from ANY type of voter, be you a republican, democratic, libertarian or whatever. If you have any *republican* problems you have seen or wish to add then please say so and they will be included.

People may claim fraud because fraud may just exist. As much as you'd like to count on the honour of everyone on a day of choice it's just simple not realistic.

I don't know which is funnier, the "I have no guy" claim, or the "I'm a journalist" one

But, you haven't done anything here to even hint at bias. You simply posted a thread to consolidate voting problems and to give assisstance to people experiencing those problems.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Gotcha! My bad.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Alot of crazy stuff going on in PA....

First my experience was horrible, while I waited in line for about 35min, about 54% of voters, 19 out of 35 were given Provisional Ballots. This is a majorly Republican Area.

When I finally was told where I had to go to Vote, (See we have a NEW RULE, that I did not know about, where When you renew your liscense your automatically re-registered to a place near your address, even though I have had lived in Different Counties before and still voted in Montgomery), in Chester County, I had the Privledge of using the Chadd Ballots, Oh what Fuin. Any way Between both places there was in upwards of 200 Provisional Ballots filled out before 4PM in two different places. Alot of Votes wil not be counted...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

sickening.

Now I know what the ignore button is for...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some small problems in louisville Ky.. Missing ballots. Premarked ballots. Voters being ejected from the polling places. All are small occourences. The premarked ballot was 1 ballot that had yes marked for the marriage ammendment.

[edit on 11/2/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
People!!! Due to the 2000 Elections, and the Debacle that it had become, as well as Providing Results as they come in, we are also focusing on the Issue of Voter Fraud. This is and will, unfortunatly, be a big deal. It has before the election started and continues tonight. Purpose of this thread, I believe, is to Make sure your Vote Counts. If you encounter any problems please use the Numbers Provided above. I have personally seen it and was almost involved first hand, I want my vote, as well as yours, to count, regardless of who it is for.

Please stick to the topic of this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A friend of mine, registered to vote in NC for 8 years, showed up at the polling station and they couldn't find him on the books.
He voted on a provisional ballot and was on his way.

Everyone else I've spoken to 'round here hasn't encountered any problems.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thank you for posting those numbers and websites. I'm in California and my husband had a difficult time this morning because he voted for Bush but Kerry kept appearing on his final review page. It appeared to be easy to change but when he would return to the review page it would still have Kerry. Just when he was ready to ask for help and ask WTF was going on it finally showed Bush in the final review page and he was able to vote the way he wanted to.

The person at the poll was totally unconcerned about it and said that as long as he was able to correct it there was no problem. We have heard many people have had these same experiences ... a vote for Bush ends up being a vote for Kerry on the final review page.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Got off the phone with mom/dad in Hampton, VA (Hampton Roads). Apparently there have been polling problems in the area. Machine at the polling station my mom went to broke down for a bit so results in that area may not be known until midnight.

Hence disregard the closeness of Kerry in VA b/c VA almost always goes to the GOP. Amazing we were able to elect Doug Wilder when we did
considering that state is so GOP based.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Florida here, Pinellas County...

Even though I had my voter registration card, and was on the list, I STILL needed to show a photo ID!

My wife almost became the first official challenge in FL, as she was still listed under her maiden name, despite us filling out the required paperwork back in January....
Luckily, she had a credit card with the old name, and her annual theme park pass did too (it's a photo id, and is listed as one of the ones that will work, go figure....only in Florida, hehe...), so they didn't go through with the challenge.

The machines were pathetically easy, even simpler than last year (which seemed a difficult challenge, as they were pretty simple too). Anyone who had a problem with them....well, they shouldn't be voting, hehe...!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

PHILADELPHIA, PA: VOTES FOUND ON POLLING MACHINES BEFORE POLLS OPEN. CLAIMS DENIED.

Most of these machines were in North and West Philadelphia, both of which have a large proportion of low-income minority voters (African-American, Latino, Asian). Strange they don't mention that on the news, though.

MK

top topics

join