N. Korea says at war with South

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Hopechest

What happens when the sanctions are not lifted? neither side will back down from this...I hope some peace plan can get on its way quickly before people start dying.

Relax kid. Lets the grown ups advise you. Nothing will happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by MidnightTide

North Korea is certainly ramping up the rhetoric...

Oh? Thats odd. I thought the rhetoric factory on ATS was the one ramping up. As of this post there are at least 4 threads about Korea on the Trending Page...

Huh, the potential of war in Asia is globally important, who would have thought.

edit on 29-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

You're just subscribing to the fad.

It's just like pokemon.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
If you were going to attack someone would you tell them "I'll do it in three hours time"?

NK is a nutcase in a nut basket.

If you believe anything you say, shift there as you''ll fit in nicely.

If I'm wrong and war erupts today, then I guess the nutcases won.

edit on 29-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

Or you're just wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by madenusa

Hmmm......

You cant erase what is happening, or has happened in North Korea. How their people are treated, or indoctrinated.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

This goes for ALL oppressed.

That is a good quote actually...

Now does the US feel oppressed by NK? It doesnt does it?

So... get the hell out of korea... and afghanistan... and... you get the picture...

Facepalming so unbelievably hard right now.

"Hey North Koreans!"
"Sup dude?"
"Why don't you guys just like... you know... leave the country?"
"We never thought of that!"

Also, you completely missed who the oppressed were... My god... Your inability to understand is almost impressive.
edit on 30-3-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

reply to post by HairlessApe

Ok guys, nothing to worry about, these two great gurus have said nothing is going to happen. Talk about know it all attitudes. Perhaps the two of you can make a thread talking about how childish / stupid the rest of us are, you can pat each other on the back and chuckle at the rest of us plebs.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

reply to post by pacifier2012

reply to post by HairlessApe

Ok guys, nothing to worry about, these two great gurus have said nothing is going to happen. Talk about know it all attitudes. Perhaps the two of you can make a thread talking about how childish / stupid the rest of us are, you can pat each other on the back and chuckle at the rest of us plebs.

I was being sarcastic when I said that this conflict is "just a fad."
It's obviously very serious.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Kim Jong Un Convenes Operation Meeting, Finally Examines and Ratifies Plan for Firepower Strike
In view of the prevailing grim situation, Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army Marshal Kim Jong Un, first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, convened an urgent operation meeting on the KPA Strategic Rocket Force's performance of duty for firepower strike at the Supreme Command at 00:30 Friday.
www.kcna.co.jp...

So since this didn't happen it might be alright for now.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by boymonkey74

What happens when the sanctions are not lifted? neither side will back down from this...I hope some peace plan can get on its way quickly before people start dying.

Relax kid. Lets the grown ups advise you. Nothing will happen.

Wow a little patronizing don't you think...Iam 38.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just a few Questions for those who always say "nothing will happen": What happens to so called "Gods" (which K.J. Il and K.J. Un are seen as by most of their Population) if they back down now?

K.J. Il wasn´t stupid,he knew how far he could go without beeing seen as weak if he gets what he wants in the End. And he always got it.

K.J. Un IS either stupid,or there is someone else pulling the Strings. Facts is,its to late for him to back down now,because that would cost him his Head,either by his own Military or Nordkoreas Population...

Just saying that "They always do this to get Aid or whatever,nothing will happen" is pretty dangerous and ignorant. If K.J. Il was still in Power,that Sentence might be true,but K.J. Un is NOT his Father,remember that.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry guys

BUT!!

I don’t know if this had perhaps already been posted before but technically DPRK and South Korea with America have been at war with each other since the 1950’s. The Korea armistice agreement of 1953 which was intended as a indefinite cease fire agreement did not actually mark a end of the official state of war as no peaceful settlement has ever actually been reached. As such technically North Korea and South Korea are still at war they have been since 1950. So for North Korea to say they are “at war with South Korea” is kind of meaningless they have been at war for decades, its nothing new.
edit on 30-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I like how the msm is down playing this.

U.S. defense officials: North Korean threats are "bellicose rhetoric"

www.cnn.com...

I have a close friend whose husband is from South Korea. His family is still over there in SK, and I can tell you that they ARE taking this seriously and they are very worried, despite the reports coming out of CNN that no one in Seoul is really worried. That is a lie according to what I have heard this morning.

I hope to hell nothing happens, and I don't think that it will .....but until then I'm not going to believe what I hear coming out of this country. And I think it's arrogance to think that NK can't do *anything* at all.

We have a crazed dictator with a large army full of insane and highly brainwashed and devoted people making threats.... and many people sit back and arrogantly joke about this. I don't find this funny.... because if this thing kicks off, someone is going to die.... either a bunch of SK's or NK innocents.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Conflict will occur. The US wants NK to make the first move so they will be justified with the action they take. Ultimately, North Korea cannot win but they can cause massive destruction with huge casualties. The PTB want this conflict to occur, so it will.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

reply to post by boymonkey74

China keeps off from US-North Korea stand-off

n the midst of a flare-up of tensions in the Korean peninsula, China on Friday adopted a 'hands off' approach to the crisis, suggesting that it would not directly intervene to restrain Pyongyang.

"Peace and stability of Korean peninsula as well as northeast Asia serves common interest and requires common effort of all parties," the Chinese foreign ministry said. "We call on all relevant parties to make joint efforts to turn around the tense situation," it said taking some analysts by surprise as China is the only major power with a strong influence over North Korea.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Did China just push lil Dimwit under a bus there?
or are they being ambiguous?

I think China, being the economic world stage superpower that it now is, are getting as fed up with it's little, crazy bastard son NK as the rest of us are.

Yes, i think China are thinking more of what they stand to lose by it's association with NK, than what they gain by it...which most of the time is a Royal pain in the arse and not much else.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by sonnny1

The kids don't remember and spout off like liberals do here but the elders and educated know they will die if we leave.

I'm amazed by all of the comments I'm seeing on the net by children about NK, who are clueless and have absolutely no idea what war entails, or what WW II was about. They are carelessly twittering and facebooking and saying that this is all stupid or "come at me bro" or other immature things. It's just too bad their parents cannot school them properly on how ignorant they are. Very sad to think some out of this up and coming generation will be one day leading this country with such ignorance and lack of education.

It was just in 2010 that NK bombed SK

Officials said “dozens” of artillery rounds had landed on Yeonpyeong Island at in the Yellow Sea, 50 miles off the South’s northwest coast in an area close to a disputed sea border

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And yeah, it wasn't some full scale war, but people were attacked and some died. I just can't find anything funny about this I guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

They were not serious in June of 1950 either right? It all depends on the N Korean leader...we shall wait and see.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by eriktheawful

But have you been there?

HAVE YOU BEEEN THERE intrptr?

You haven't been above the "38th Parallel" either. U know better because U been there? The yard stick is International Law, not US "Interests" or "been there".

In the real world (outside the US) International Laws are specific in regards to national sovereignty and rights of nations to self determination. If that notion is lost on you, then there is no point to further conversation on this subject.

Actually, yes I have been to NK. Ten feet into it. At Panmunjom. In the main meeting room that sits directly on the border.

The NK army was busy looking in the windows, waving their middle fingers, laughing, and mouthing words that violate the TCs here.

ROK on the other hand were completely professional, remaining at attention at the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
North Korea entire regime will be over with if they attack.I think they realize that much.But I could be wrong.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is now being reported on Al Jazeera
N Korea threatens to shut joint industry zone
www.aljazeera.com...
looks like the north is still sabre rattling. Let's hope it stays as such.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
This is now being reported on Al Jazeera
N Korea threatens to shut joint industry zone
www.aljazeera.com...
looks like the north is still sabre rattling. Let's hope it stays as such.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

That is actually worrisome.

So far, they've let the SK workers through there at Kaesong, so even with all the other threats and actions taken by NK, the very fact that they were still letting workers through to Kaesong has been a good sign (IE not really planning any action in reality).

If they shut down Kaesong, to me that's like seeing the safety on a gun being turned off.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As I'm writing this post I cannot determine any other outcome rather then war for both North Korea and US/SK. Too much has been said from Kim Jong-un in recent weeks for any defence agency regardless of past saber rattling to ignore; there is a clear line in the "sand" for any country to ignore such threats it would be irresponsible/deadly. Kim Jong-un has placed his country in a position where no one in there right mind would want to help his population with wheat/food, instead I see them (US, South Korea) using this to their advantage during war time to weaken Kim Jong-un.

If your dog attacks your hand as you feed it either: You kill the said dog or, you let it starve to death.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join