It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea says at war with South

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

BTW, good thread Midnight.

S&F

You have to remember that North Koreans, from birth, have been indoctrinated to hate America.

I recently watched a video of a North Korean defector who escaped from a Camp. It was one of the saddest things I have ever watched. He literally told those in charge of the Camp that his brother and mother were going to try and escape. He was forced to watch both of them die, by execution.

Shin Dong-hyuk (human rights activist)

Shin said "when I see videos of the Holocaust it moves me to tears. I think I am still evolving -- from an animal to a human

edit on 29-3-2013 by sonnny1 because: Links and vid

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Save a people from a cruel oppressor..........
Revenge for 9-11, or that tired worn-out catch all excuse for invasion, weapons of mass destruction. Assassinations are always passed off as "crazed lone nuts" to obscure the real agenda.

So off to war your children must go, to spill their blood for the money-junkies' gold

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Hmmm......

You cant erase what is happening, or has happened in North Korea. How their people are treated, or indoctrinated.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

This goes for ALL oppressed.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
they have ben since 1953, and especially since they walked away from the armistice on 3/11

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wars are started, to plunge everyone even deeper into debt to pay for the war, then after the war to borrow more to rebuild.
When the war is over, the people have about the same as they did before the war, except the graveyards are far larger and everyone is in debt to the private bankers for the next century
N Korea might just want to be rebuilt after a little population control..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Hmmm......

You cant erase what is happening, or has happened in North Korea. How their people are treated, or indoctrinated.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

That is a good quote actually...

Now does the US feel oppressed by NK? It doesnt does it?

So... get the hell out of korea... and afghanistan... and... you get the picture...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

It's the NK sabre-rattling, threats to innocents and defiant attitude that brought about international sanctions on them in the first place and their leaders appear to enjoy the 'bad boy' reputation.

Oh? I thought it began when the US sanctioned everything below the 38th parallel...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is all just sensationalized propaganda by NK. I'm disappointed MSM follows Kim's every word, effectively contributing to fear-mongering.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Huh, the potential of war in Asia is globally important, who would have thought.

Its the distraction. Potential war is not "war", by the way. Just regurg-- I mean rhetoric. Other words that fit are propaganda, disinformation, with brain washing being the goal. Like a "campaign" of BS that convinces others by sheer weight of repetition.

You see, nothing has happened.

But you will say it has (promoting the agenda).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Pilgrum

It's the NK sabre-rattling, threats to innocents and defiant attitude that brought about international sanctions on them in the first place and their leaders appear to enjoy the 'bad boy' reputation.

Oh? I thought it began when the US sanctioned everything below the 38th parallel...

You mean "above" the 38th parallel.

Get it right. NK is above the 38th parallel. SK is below it.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by sonnny1

Hmmm......

That is a good quote actually...

Now does the US feel oppressed by NK? It doesnt does it?

So... get the hell out of korea... and afghanistan... and... you get the picture...

Would love to see ALL US troops come home.

I also know this though. As soon as they do, or did, the vacuum would be filled by another power. Maybe one that feels like all out oppression is something that the void should be filled with......

History is filed with the oppressed clamoring for the good old days.............even if those days were filled with semi-oppression.

Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

No, we occupy the South. The Ultimate "Sanction". Taking half a country away from some nation. Its called "Divide and Conquer".

I don't play NORTH and SOUTH, the way you want me too. Its ALL Korea. The sooner the US is out of there the lesser the threat of Americans dying in another useless war for "American Interests". Or the risk of wider conflict with the Chinese or Russians. It is their continent after all, you think they'd mind?

But I expect little "peace mongering" from here.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

North and South America......its all the same?

60 years makes a difference.

But if you are suggesting that South Korea should wipe out the North Korean government than I'm all for it and send our people back state side. Let's unify Korea!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I don't play NORTH and SOUTH, the way you want me too. Its ALL Korea. The sooner the US is out of there the lesser the threat of Americans dying in another useless war for "American Interests". Or the risk of wider conflict with the Chinese or Russians. It is their continent after all, you think they'd mind?

I always wondered "how" the South would conform to a North Korean Ruler or a Korean Ruler, that just so happens to believe in Peace...............

How long would it take the North to become "civilized" and not hate??

Just some minor questions to ponder.......

Like I posted above.

The void would be filled by yet another power, hell bent on control. Would love to see the US get the hell out of EVERY area they are in, but we know that wont happen. Even if it did, I see more war and more bloodshed, and more blame on the United States.... MHO

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

No, we occupy the South. The Ultimate "Sanction". Taking half a country away from some nation. Its called "Divide and Conquer".

Ah yes.

Let me tell you something, I actually LIVED in S. Korea.

Have you? Have you actually been there?

They are a very happy people, booming economy, well fed, lots and lots of trade.

They, yes THEY do NOT like the idea of being ruled by a dictator. They, the S. Koreans do NOT want to live under NK rule. Period.

Considering how NK treats it's people, and have treated them for many decades now, I can't say that I blame them.

On the other hand, you would advocate throwing them to the wolves. Literally.

Do you get your jollys on thinking about NK swooping in, murdering millions of people? Do you think it's in the best interest of the South Koreans who have been enjoying freedom and a good life to have that literally ripped away?

In other words, and I see it time and time again in your posts, you are basically saying this:

"How DARE one half of the country live free! I want to see a unified Korea under Kim's rule. I want to see that upstart free country over run with this 1.2 million man army. I want to see everything that they've worked so hard for, for the last 60 years to be taken from them and given to those poor, poor north Koreans. I just KNOW that Kim has their best interests at heart. Why just look at how he and his father have always made sure that all the aid sent to them over the last few decades has gone to the N. Korean people.
I am offended by this free place called S. Korea! How dare those people be living happy most of the time! With the EVIL Americans helping them!"

That's exactly how you come off with every post in every NK thread.

You actually WANT to see a lot of innocent, freedom loving people get slaughtered?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For anyone not familiar with this series I suggest taking a look. Great view inside the Hermit Nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

North and South America......its all the same?

Nice retort. Yah, at one time the American government thru "Manifest Destiny", considered all the "countries" to the south of Texas to belong to it. That is in fact why they called it South America... We are the dividing- "est" country aren't we? Divide and Conquer...

North and South Korea. North and South Vietnam... ooops, never mind. Looks like we got our ass handed to us by the Russians and Chinese there now, didn't we? Shucks. You want a repeat? Are your kids signed up?
Hell, we couldn't beat the little guys last time.

Manifest Destiny

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

They, yes THEY do NOT like the idea of being ruled by a dictator. They, the S. Koreans do NOT want to live under NK rule. Period.

Thats what the Occupiers always say. "Ahhh, they don't mind'

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You actually WANT to see a lot of innocent, freedom loving people get slaughtered?

You are the one calling for "slaughter", not me. Its their country, not ours. US out.

Out

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Would love to see the US get the hell out of EVERY area they are in, but we know that wont happen.

You and I both know that Empire Building thing never works out in the long run. It always ends badly. There is always hope it could end differently this time, but we both know that won't happen either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join