It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea says at war with South

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It has been since 1951, the only interruption a ceasefire.

This is not news, it's been a constant reality since 1953 !!!

Sheesh! Do the media think we are all stupid? (dumb question really aye!)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you were going to attack someone would you tell them "I'll do it in three hours time"?

NK is a nutcase in a nut basket.

If you believe anything you say, shift there as you''ll fit in nicely.

If I'm wrong and war erupts today, then I guess the nutcases won.

edit on 29-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
It has been since 1951, the only interruption a ceasefire.

This is not news, it's been a constant reality since 1953 !!!

Sheesh! Do the media think we are all stupid? (dumb question really aye!)

No we are not stupid, it's just that this time the omens are not good. NK has been sounding off about nuclear war for weeks now. Now it has made a very grave threat indeed. If i were in South Korea right now I would be seriously concerned and heading for the air raid shelter or making preparations by bulk buying water. Better still I would be flying out of the hot zone.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by SkipperJohn

You can come over and clean my monitor now.......

Des

The technology by far exceeds that of the rest of the world. Did you see any photoshop work done?
It looks 100% real to me!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Any kind of aggressive act will incite South Korea to act. South Korea is now in a position to flex their muscle and I believe with the U.S. and South Korea on heightened alert, one exchange will open the can of beans.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

All it needs is one trigger happy soldier on either side and this goes really bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The original Korean War has been on pause since 1953. The Koreans need to finish what they didn't get the chance to before the ceasefire. Only this time when open warfare resumes one side must be the clear victor. Whether it is a Communist or Capitalist victory that unifies the country, it needs to be settled once and for all. I've always believed that the war was going to flare up again. It was only a matter of time. You can't have two sworn enemies glaring across a fence at one another for the rest of time. This is going to be a grudge match royale whether it happens in a few hours or a few more decades.

No one wants war, but it can't go on like this forever. Diplomacy has failed for the past 60 years, so let it be decided on the battlefield if Kim Jong-Un wants it bad enough. I say it's time to draw a line in the sand and tell them, "Your move."

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Cooler heads prevailed during the PMJ axe murders and American lives were lost. I doubt we will attack NK. Although we always said war would start there in the spring.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

I personally don't want it to go on forever because the more the US / UN cave in to North Korea's demands for aid, the more they develop their missile technology. Eventually they will get a viable long range missile and then we all will be in danger.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
well 2 things are certain:

1. people on this forum never get tired of the same old images. I mean seriously - least get some new ones, its getting old and dumb having the same images always following the same comments funny enough following completely different news. Learn one thing - Kim is not his dad, hes not joking around. He can do serious damage. Dont underestimate him. You dont care because this not going on in your country, but the people in south korea will probably be getting some, and if they get some, it will be pretty fkin bad. Red Dawn type of bad for you movie kids. Kim just wants to finish want granpa started. You keep talking about his father... wow... talk about forgetting history.

2. south korea can only "flex its muscles" because of big brother U.S covering their asses. Or... they think the US can keep them safe. Well... they cant. So if I were to tell SK anything I would tell them to shut the hell up if they want keep making mmos and led tvs...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

North Korea is certainly ramping up the rhetoric...

Oh? Thats odd. I thought the rhetoric factory on ATS was the one ramping up. As of this post there are at least 4 threads about Korea on the Trending Page...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The only way out of this other than total destruction appears to be a continued stalemate. Any kind of invasion of NK is out of the question as China will not stand by calmly and see western forces right on their doorstep which is what bolsters NK's ego. China would like to annex the entire Korean peninsula as well as Taiwan in order to create a more defensible buffer zone to their east but I'm sure they don't want it destroyed first.

There is another way to ease the tensions of course
NK needs to STFU and start playing nice by world standards which would ultimately get the sanctions lifted and aid flowing in without any loss of life.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

...any detection of missiles being fueled could force a response

What about detection of American B2 Stealth bombers flying overhead? You think that stunt was intended to provoke some response? How many other "provocations" like that we haven't heard about (even on ATS) are being carried out daily?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by boymonkey74

China keeps off from US-North Korea stand-off

n the midst of a flare-up of tensions in the Korean peninsula, China on Friday adopted a 'hands off' approach to the crisis, suggesting that it would not directly intervene to restrain Pyongyang.

"Peace and stability of Korean peninsula as well as northeast Asia serves common interest and requires common effort of all parties," the Chinese foreign ministry said. "We call on all relevant parties to make joint efforts to turn around the tense situation," it said taking some analysts by surprise as China is the only major power with a strong influence over North Korea.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Of course China isn't talking. Puppetmasters don't talk their puppets do.

-SAP-
edit on 29-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Of course China isn't talking. Puppetmasters don't talk their puppets do.

-SAP-

I used to think China's "control" was all encompassing, when it came to NK.

Now, Im not so sure.

Despite their long alliance, experts say Beijing does not control Pyongyang. "In general, Americans tend to overestimate the influence China has over North Korea," says Daniel Pinkston, a Northeast Asia expert at the International Crisis Group.

The China-North Korea Relationship

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

NK needs to STFU and start playing nice by world standards which would ultimately get the sanctions lifted and aid flowing in without any loss of life.

Playing nice, huh? They haven't much choice either way. Sanctions have suppressed any "normalcy" for decades. Wouldn't want them to be any kind of serious threat now would we?

But I agree with your other observation about the Chinese sitting back. They have no need to take any side. If the US were to invade the North (for any reason), they could wait, draw them in and then do what they did before.

A ROAD-BOUND ARMY

A number of historians have commented that in the realm of supply, supposed strength was turned into weakness for the U.S. Army. They point out that the great advantage of the U.S. military forces was its awesome firepower. But great firepower means that great amounts of ammunition had to be transported to the battlefield. Also, the reliance upon heavy weapons like tanks, artillery, and tracked and wheeled vehicles, meant that the U.S. troops were tied to the roads of their Main Supply Routes. The long lines of vehicles were continually attacked from the surrounding hills of the mountainous Korean terrain. When the Main Supply Routes were cut anywhere along the line, the U.S. forces couldn’t be provided for. If the U.S. reopened the Main Supply Route at one place, the People’s Volunteers had only to cut it somewhere else to put the U.S. troops into jeopardy.

The other side of the story

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Interesting tidbit there. Might be some merit to that, I am still not 100% convinced though...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It's the NK sabre-rattling, threats to innocents and defiant attitude that brought about international sanctions on them in the first place and their leaders appear to enjoy the 'bad boy' reputation. The citizens of NK do not deserve the fate that their leaders are apparently trying to bring down on them.

Why do I keep thinking of an old movie (comedy) 'The Mouse That Roared' ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

North Korea is certainly ramping up the rhetoric...

Oh? Thats odd. I thought the rhetoric factory on ATS was the one ramping up. As of this post there are at least 4 threads about Korea on the Trending Page...

Huh, the potential of war in Asia is globally important, who would have thought.

edit on 29-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I agree.

My gut ?

Puppet masters. But if not, God help that region.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join