It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea says at war with South

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
N. Korea says it enters 'war' against S. Korea

North Korea announced Saturday that it had entered a "state of war" with South Korea and would deal with every inter-Korean issue accordingly.

"As of now, inter-Korea relations enter a state of war and all matters between the two Koreas will be handled according to wartime protocol," the North said in a joint statement attributed to all government bodies and institutions.

en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com...
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

North Korea is certainly ramping up the rhetoric, wonder if something is going to happen in the upcoming days / weeks.
edit on 29-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nope, they just want sanctions eased up.

They always do this and depending on what President we have at the time, sometimes they win. They certainly did under Clinton who chose to have a negotiating attitude as opposed to Bush who refused to talk to them.

Either way, they only speak like that to try and get concessions, they aren't serious about doing anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I certainly can say I haven't seen this much in the way of rhetoric from North Korea before. Also, South Korea may act if they see North Korea putting fuel in their missiles.

Drudge is taking it seriously.

www.drudgereport.com...

edit:

RT @ISNJH: With report that DPRK has stated they have gone into state of war against ROK, any detection of missiles being fueled could force a response
edit on 29-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

What happens when the sanctions are not lifted? neither side will back down from this...I hope some peace plan can get on its way quickly before people start dying.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The North is still technically at war with the south anyway as no peace deal was signed the war ended with an armistice .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

China keeps off from US-North Korea stand-off

n the midst of a flare-up of tensions in the Korean peninsula, China on Friday adopted a 'hands off' approach to the crisis, suggesting that it would not directly intervene to restrain Pyongyang.

"Peace and stability of Korean peninsula as well as northeast Asia serves common interest and requires common effort of all parties," the Chinese foreign ministry said. "We call on all relevant parties to make joint efforts to turn around the tense situation," it said taking some analysts by surprise as China is the only major power with a strong influence over North Korea.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I certainly can say I haven't seen this much in the way of rhetoric from North Korea before. Also, South Korea may act if they see North Korea putting fuel in their missiles.

Drudge is taking it seriously.

www.drudgereport.com...

Well he is being a little creative.
The war was ended in armistice... not peace. Un declared the armistice over... and when no one crapped themselves, he had to say I MEAN WAAAR!!! Ill tell you this though, Ihave never heard them be this persistent... and Seoul is taking it seriously. I doubt we'd see an all out war... but who knows.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Correct, but at least before they left all lines of communication open - when North Korea sunk that SK ship, seems like there was a change in relations between the two countries.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They technically were at war all those years, peace treaty has never been signed, just a seize fire agreement...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
As a long time watcher of the news I can say with certainty THIS has not happened before. NK says its at war with SK I personally think things are about to go hot. This may also be at the behest of China. The sides are forming up the world over for global war. Economies are collapsing, currency wars are beginning. This region may just be the one to set it all off.
edit on 3/29/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

did you come from one of the little guys unicorns lairs? got to love fairy assurance

dunnyBox

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They have been 'at war" since the 50's...under a cease fire agreement...

Baby Kim

Is not going to do anything. he has said repeatedly he wants 'reunification" with SK. Would be kinda stupid to "reunify" with a scorched and smoldering pile of radioactive rubble.

He is not going to do anything. He is just trying to get the sanctions softened...planting season is coming...they are prob in serious need of resources...

Just my opinion though

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I say we drop an egg on on Kim Jung bull#, and see if his Generals retaliate.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by boymonkey74

China keeps off from US-North Korea stand-off

n the midst of a flare-up of tensions in the Korean peninsula, China on Friday adopted a 'hands off' approach to the crisis, suggesting that it would not directly intervene to restrain Pyongyang.

"Peace and stability of Korean peninsula as well as northeast Asia serves common interest and requires common effort of all parties," the Chinese foreign ministry said. "We call on all relevant parties to make joint efforts to turn around the tense situation," it said taking some analysts by surprise as China is the only major power with a strong influence over North Korea.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Did China just push lil Dimwit under a bus there?
or are they being ambiguous?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I can also tell you that China controls the North Koreans, They would not have a country if it were not for them.

China wants and needs to draw the U.S. and Japan away from Taiwan so they can attack them and the surrounding islands.

China has already moved missiles and manpower to the coast of Taiwan. They feel the time is right, yet they need a distraction.

The Other Major distraction is Russia and Iran attacking Israel. Russia gave orders for its whole Black Sea fleet to sail under the cover of an exercise, they pulled the same thing when they attacked Georgia.

Sadly since the Iraq BS we cant strike first. We will have to wait and many will die.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's all gone pete tong, i think something is brewing not sure what though

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just reported on Sky News

news.sky.com...

This is now beyond the stage when we can joke about this. I really hope this does not end in full scale global nuclear war. I for one fear for the civilians on both sides of the fence North and South. If Un does press the button or invade South Korea then many people are going to die. I also fear that there could well be sleeper agents in US cities that could do acts of sabatage ie unleash a WMD and cause huge damage, it does not have to be nuclear, it could be biological or chemical.

I think the UN should call an emergency UN Security Council meeting NOW. This has to be sorted out. And if need be use UN troops to go in and take out the little brat and the elite military commanders.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hmm..
Will someone please send a real celebrity to N.Korea?
Maybe Al Pacino dressed as Tony Montana?
And to ensure peace, how hard could it be to find an American
Amazon beauty to send him as well?

WANTED: One goddess to take the hand of the true god Un.
Included: Palaces

Isn't that cheaper for us? With better results I bet.

instead of wasting money (mostly his) in this Arch Enemies nonsense,
he could be happy RELAXED and good at having his people fed.
edit on 29-3-2013 by sealing because: Involuntary Emoticon.

edit on 29-3-2013 by sealing because: ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It is getting really bad. NK is starting to get planes in the air. What people don't understand, NK has one of the most powerful airforce in the world. this picture does not look photoshopped to me.

edit on 29-3-2013 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

You can come over and clean my monitor now.......

Des

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join