Literally, A Sign of Times

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Are we heading for collapse? Well, I know the answer is yes. Let me rephrase. Are we heading for collapse sooner than we realize?

I have a sociable job, and almost nobody knows that Cyprus is in financial distress and when I tell them, they feel like it has anything to do with them. Hell, they don't know where Cyprus is. I'm sure most of us has read that Canada could be getting a "haircut" soon. Well, what about America? Sooner than expected?

Well, I go to the gym every other morning around 3-5am and what I am about to show you is something I've never seen before with my own eyes in person. You always hear and read about stuff like this happening in other cities around the country but never in your own. What I seen was a CASH SHOP advertising to buy GOLD. This really hit home to me because apparently, they know what's happening right now and they know that it could come to us very soon. I had to take pics and here they are:

Now, I walk to the gym since it's like right across the street from my home, plus increases the heart rate a bit. Since I've been going for the past two years here, I've never seen this sign. It could have been there yesterday but I know for a fact that it wasn't there the day before yesterday.

With all that is happening, and with the amount of knowledge the locals posses, the cash shop owners could have devised this plan to exchange their money for GOLD because they know the paper won't mean a thing pretty soon and the locals may gladly cough up their GOLD for the money that is now so precious to them.

The next question is this.. Do the owners of this shop have inside information? Or are they just taking precautions? In any case, it's very telling that the fear of such a reality is coming to fruition. Literally, a sign of times.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My suggestion to people is if you have Gold, hold on to it.. If any collapse is imminent, your Gold is going to skyrocket. You think $1500-$1600 is good, how about $3000?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I live in Denver, Colorado and have seen these "We buy gold" signs on every street corner since I was a kid. So... for over 20 years.
I think more importantly is the fact that the value of the dollar has gone down dramatically. Along with gold, silver, precious metals, etc. Once we see "barter" signs, that's when we should worry. When there is nothing of value except for services and items left to trade.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Gold prices have risen every year for the past decade and people are skint so these places will offer money (less than its worth BTW) for everyone's gold.
If I was evil I wish I would have thought of it.
Do you in the USA have pay day loans like this evil company?

www.wonga.com...

4214% APR interest...It should be illegal to do this, it is preying on the poor and getting them in debt.
edit on 29-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There is a we buy gold shop on every corner across America.... Let me enlighten you as to the entirety of the nature of the war on Americans, and humanity in general.

Gold represents perfection. Its a symbol of power and personal wealth. As they acquire our gold we lose our symbol of wealth and perfection, our symbol of power.
edit on 29-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Relax Bud.
These "buy gold" stores are popping up everywhere because they pay pennies on the Dollar of the real value of the gold your selling.
Nothing to do with any "end of days" scenario.
Just go ole Fashion Rip off Artist, taking advantage of the Simple Minded Folks Gold trinkets.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Mizzijr

Relax Bud.
These "buy gold" stores are popping up everywhere because they pay pennies on the Dollar of the real value of the gold your selling.
Nothing to do with any "end of days" scenario.
Just go ole Fashion Rip off Artist, taking advantage of the Simple Minded Folks Gold trinkets.

This is not a store like the ones you see in the mall where the sole purpose of the store is to sell your GOLD to them. It's a Cash Shop. They cash checks, and you can pay your bills through them, and they get a percentage of their cut from the pay you intend to either exchange (for a bill) or withdraw (from a check) it's like 7% or something like that here at this one. I had to use it when I first got a job here cause direct deposit hadn't kicked in yet. This isn't something that they've been doing.

Why would a CASH SHOP, be trading in their CASH that they make for GOLD?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I already told you why.
They Pay Pennies on the Dollar.
All Check Cashing stores do this now.
The return on Profit is to good to Pass Up.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Here is a real life example of why gold and silver is important to own. After Hurricane Sandy hit, well, no need to rehash the impact of the storm, as I'm sure everyone is well aware of the chaos that resulted. To make a long story short, there were a few gas stations in New Jersey with signs that read "Gas $3.80 or two pre 1965 dimes" For those who are unaware, dimes, quarters and half dollars were made out of 90% silver prior to 1965 (1964 and before) and in today's market they are known as "Junk Silver". The reason they are called junk silver is because the silver value of each coin is worth more than it's face value, but I assure you there is nothing "junk" about them.

The point is, after the storm when banks were closed and ATMs were down people who were not prepared had no cash and could not buy stuff, BUT if someone had some junk silver in their safe at home they could have used it at some places to get what they needed. The aforementioned signs were few and far between, but only because the vast majority of people are unaware of the value of having silver and gold, and they are even less aware of the value of pre 1965 coins.

For the people in Cyprus that have gold and silver, I would be willing to bet that the bank situation there is hardly effecting them at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I already told you why.
They Pay Pennies on the Dollar.
All Check Cashing stores do this now.
The return on Profit is to good to Pass Up.

I see, I see. I wouldn't pass up an offer like that either. They just put this sign up so I guess they may be slow on the uptake.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Mizzijr

Here is a real life example of why gold and silver is important to own. After Hurricane Sandy hit, well, no need to rehash the impact of the storm, as I'm sure everyone is well aware of the chaos that resulted. To make a long story short, there were a few gas stations in New Jersey with signs that read "Gas $3.80 or two pre 1965 dimes" For those who are unaware, dimes, quarters and half dollars were made out of 90% silver prior to 1965 (1964 and before) and in today's market they are known as "Junk Silver". The reason they are called junk silver is because the silver value of each coin is worth more than it's face value, but I assure you there is nothing "junk" about them.

The point is, after the storm when banks were closed and ATMs were down people who were not prepared had no cash and could not buy stuff, BUT if someone had some junk silver in their safe at home they could have used it at some places to get what they needed. The aforementioned signs were few and far between, but only because the vast majority of people are unaware of the value of having silver and gold, and they are even less aware of the value of pre 1965 coins.

For the people in Cyprus that have gold and silver, I would be willing to bet that the bank situation there is hardly effecting them at all.

My grandmother told me about those coins a few years ago. She told me to always hang on to them when I get them for this reason. I tell you.. they are rare in circulation. I found a quarter 1964 a few years ago and I kept it in the same spot and hadn't seen another one since.

There is actually another thread floating around this site on how to turn those coins into real bullions. Maybe 99.9% raw bullion. Something like that.

top topics

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant