It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on voting for an unopposed candidate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have question on unopposed candidates. My U.S. House Rep. is John Murtha, one of only two people to actually vote FOR a draft in the House of Reps(his district, the 12th, looks like a Rorsach test, btw, running squiggily from the center of PA to the western edge, conveniently only in bigger cities). He's the opitomy of a crooked southwestern PA Democrat, and is, unfortunately, running unopposed. I cannot in good faith vote for him. So, if I do not vote in that section, will this invalidate my ballot? In terms of counting or recounting?

[edit on 11/2/2004 by soulforge]

[edit on 11/2/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Then don't vote for him.

Use your write in option and write in anyone you like. Then get a shirt that says

"U.S. House Rep. John Murtha SUCKS, and I don't like him"

That would make some people laugh. Screw em. It will not invalidate your vote for the other respective sections. They are mutually exclusive votes.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I saw KayEm's ballot paper and it stated that you didn't have to vote on every ballot - So if you only wanted to vote for the presidential ballot and ignore the others, thats fine - your vote is counted.

Actually, the Oregon ballot includes a section where you can include your own choice - Methinks there will be quite a few votes for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck this time around

join