It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gagging on Google!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Google just changed how we reply to an email. I and my daughter email back and forth on the same subject. Sometimes when there are two many responses I'll erase some of them, but keep the part that I will respond to. Can't do that anymore. When I hit reply a new window pops up, so I can't erase anything.

I wish people would just leave well enough alone!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That is so damn inconvenient. Guess you can still copy and paste from old email into new reply window.

This is not a good thing for me. I use google email for business, and often need to reply referencing the original email. This I don't like at all. I may have to set up a new email account for my online store.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jiggerj

That is so damn inconvenient. Guess you can still copy and paste from old email into new reply window.

This is not a good thing for me. I use google email for business, and often need to reply referencing the original email. This I don't like at all. I may have to set up a new email account for my online store.

Des

Have you tried it yet? I hate it!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Why do you think that they did that? Considering that there is news all the time about how the government wants to read everyone's e-mails and texts, etc... Google is clearly complicit in invading people's privacy, because of their past actions, so they made it to where you can't delete any part of an e-mail, just in case "they" want to read it later.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by jiggerj

Why do you think that they did that? Considering that there is news all the time about how the government wants to read everyone's e-mails and texts, etc... Google is clearly complicit in invading people's privacy, because of their past actions, so they made it to where you can't delete any part of an e-mail, just in case "they" want to read it later.

THAT is scary! The real scary part is that it's believable. JEEZ!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just went to my google business email account. Hit reply to an old email, it still worked the old way. I could delete what I wanted out of the reply. Wonder if it starts with new emails after a certain date....

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Wonder if it starts with new emails after a certain date....

Des

I don't know, but now when I hit reply I get this:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Wow, Jigger...that doesn't look anything like my reply window. I just checked again, on another email that came in this morning.

Are you sure it's google...what browser are you using. I use Firefox. Have you done a recent update on anything.

Des

edit on 29-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Wow, Jigger...that doesn't look anything like my reply window. I just checked again, on another email that came in this morning.

Are you sure it's google...what browser are you using. I use Firefox. Have you done a recent update on anything.

Des

Yep, it's gmail. I also use firefox. I do know that I was kind of daydreaming when I checked my email. Something popped up, but I thought it was an ad. I exed it out and then my email changed. What the heck could I have clicked on?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Go into your settings and somewhere in there is a place to revert back to the "old" gmail "compose".That should restore all the capabilities that you are missing.I did it myself as I don't really like the new format.That should work,unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Edit to add that they changed the format a while ago and today they "updated" it.That's what the "pop-up" was.Select "compose" and somewhere on there is an option to revert back.I think it says "Temporarily revert back to old look" or something similar.

edit on (3/29/1313 by amrith777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

Go into your settings and somewhere in there is a place to revert back to the "old" gmail "compose".

Yup. Did that. What came up was a window that asked 'Do you want to temporarily revert back to the old email app?'

So, everyone is going to be stuck with this change sooner or later.

Went to google forums and everyone is complaining about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
just checked it, had the same changes...

btw. I did not get any mails to my phone the last two days... maybe it was because I did not click on this popup
now I hope that I get all my mails to my phone again

new topics

top topics

join