It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Love Change You Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
How incredibly fragile we are as one
How strong when united with others.
How we reinforce the good in all of us
How we overcome the darkness in each

Too many songs sung sad
Too many poems written bad
Too many letters mailed mad
Too many conversations never had

Let smiles rule
Let laughter peel
Let giggles sound
Let joy abound

Love yourself
Love each other
Love your enemies
Love God

Change your attitude
Change your perspective
Change your thinking
Change your behavior

You are loved
You should love
You can give
You should receive

Now you understand
Now you know the power
Now is the time to start
Now you know

How to let love change you now!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Words to live by and love by...Sometimes, I try and do just as the poem suggests. Some other times, life is a hard road, daunting tasks and trials and tribulations make ones soul weary. (sp) Everyone needs to love and be loved mostly. I come here to the short stories forum and find so much love and insight and inspiration...then, I read at some of the other forum topics where there is so much division and anger and downright hate...I fit into that sometimes also when I feed the beast, (my dark side). How I wish and hope and pray that the world would become a better place and that I would become a better person. Instead, I am a work in progress I expect, as are many of us in this ole world. If only we could all understand that we are all in this together and live and laugh and give joy and love, wow, what a difference that would make. Thanx for your wonderful thoughts/words. ^j^

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

What you express is exactly how I feel. I probably err on the side of too much optimism. I was a licensed social worker for many years and saw the absolute worst of human behavior. It still impacts me a lot, mild PTSD. Throughout those years I clung to my belief that everyone can change. But I know that real change requires an epiphany of thinking to manifest new behavior. My hope is that more and more people will come to that conclusion.We are creatures in the process of change. Thank you for your kind comments and I am a pretty good judge of human behavior and I can tell by your comments on ATS that you are a good person. Be kind to yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So true and what a great read i enjoyed that. So warming to read Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment. There is so much negativity now days that I think we forget we have the power to change the world with our love.

top topics

join