It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of SEAL Team 6 killed, another SEAL injured in parachute accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Member of SEAL Team 6 killed, another SEAL injured in parachute accident

usnews.nbcnews.c om

A Navy SEAL from the elite SEAL TEAM 6 was killed and another SEAL injured Thursday night during a parachute training accident in Marana, Arizona, the military said. Details of the accident are not immediately available.

One SEAL was pronounced dead on arrival at the University of Arizona Hospital. The second remains hospitalized in stable condition.

Members of SEAL TEAM 6 carried out the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
How many does this make now from Seal Team 6? I realize that team 6 makes up a fair amount of individuals, but there sure are some pretty coincidental accidents/events that have been occurring with Seal Team 6 team members.

I am not completely versed in all that makes up the various Seal Teams mind you, but according to the article (and presuming that info is correct) this was yet another member of the Seal Team that was part of the Bin Laden raid that has met an untimely death...right?

usnews.nbcnews.c om
edit on 3/29/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

link   
yeah, because it's not like they've had time to write a book or a movie about it or anything

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My very first thought when I read your post was, "Another one?!" I don't know how many it is now either but haven't they all been accidents? What are the odds on guys who do dangerous work and survive all going out in accidents this way? I get that they may have more dangerous hobbies but still.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It was a training accident, mid air collision. And the guys were not fully onto the team yet. They were newbies that we're going through a training phase to make it onto seal team 6., .. So this is not the same guys who raided bin laden

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Thank you for clarifying that.

No conspiracy it's safe to say, although I do wonder why NBC chose to include that in the article, it's misleading.

Then again it's MSM so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

articles.latimes.com...

Three months after they killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in neighboring Pakistan and cemented their place in military legend, the SEALs suffered a devastating loss when nearly two dozen of the elite troops were among 30 Americans who died when their helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early Saturday

OK Not the same group of Seal members

edit on 29-3-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They're the "public" team. You hear more about them than any of the other teams. Especially after the raid. All the teams have accidents, just that they're a lot more in the public eye than the others.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

How many does this make now from Seal Team 6? I realize that team 6 makes up a fair amount of individuals, but there sure are some pretty coincidental accidents/events that have been occurring with Seal Team 6 team members.

I am not completely versed in all that makes up the various Seal Teams mind you, but according to the article (and presuming that info is correct) this was yet another member of the Seal Team that was part of the Bin Laden raid that has met an untimely death...right?

usnews.nbcnews.c om
edit on 3/29/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

While done under the umbrella of SEAL Team 6 the members of the Bin Laden team were an ad hoc team assembled from veteran members of several teams. That is why most of that team is retired and no longer on active duty. You also do not join a SEAL Team for life, it is an asignment like any other that has new people coming and old people rotating out.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Yeah there are some very compelling articles regarding the subject. I read one some time ago that is rather compelling regarding the subject matter, also from 2011, it's pretty lengthy...but a pretty interesting read nevertheless.

The Execution Of SEAL Team Six

Here's a short excerpt from part 2 which I believe is related to the article you posted:

August 6, 2011: A Chinook helo is shot down in Tangi, Wardak Province, Afghanistan. Within hours, before family notifications could possibly have been completed, global press accounts positively confirm that 22 of the 30 Americans killed were not just SEALS, but members of SEAL Team 6.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

just that they're a lot more in the public eye than the others

Therein lies what (imo) is the prevalent reason in regards to many proposed conspiracies...simply an over abundance of exposure in the media regarding a said event(s).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Pinal is one of USSOC's advanced jump training fields. People die out there all the time. You just don't hear about it unless you live there. The HAHO guys auger into the golf course nearby if they screw up.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

auger into the golf course

Safe to say the greens-keeper has job security then
...that was mean wasn't it

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That was horrible, but I laughed. Does that make me a bad person?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Bedlam

auger into the golf course

Safe to say the greens-keeper has job security then
...that was mean wasn't it

What makes the grass grow? Blood makes the grass grow. As the cadence would have it.

Actually I think the last one that splatted into the golf course was a Team 6 SEAL, did a HAHO jump and farked it royally, got into a tumble, panicked and pulled his main while tumbling. Not good. You always stabilize your body position first.

He rolled in the shrouds as the chute came out and tangled them around his equipment, couldn't cut away, and now he's pushing up zoysia on hole 18.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Happy times at Pinal helping to test the "slow moving target"

ETA: I always wanted to buy one of these in civilian life, but the old lady says no. Alas.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join