It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: Autism not caused by vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So i searched for this on ATS and i didn't see anything. I'm kind of surprised actually, although i may have just missed it.

CDC

As the country's leading public health agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is committed to protecting the health of all Americans–including infants, children, and adolescents. CDC shares with parents and many others great concern about the number of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). We are committed to understanding what causes autism, how it can be prevented, and how it can be recognized and treated as early as possible.

ecent estimates from CDC's Autism Developmental Disabilities Monitoring network found that about 1 in 88 children have ASD. This estimate is higher than estimates from the early 1990s. Over the years, some people have had concerns that autism might be linked to the vaccines children receive. One vaccine ingredient that has been studied specifically is thimerosal, previously used as a preservative in many recommended childhood vaccines. However, in 2001 thimerosal was removed or reduced to trace amounts in all childhood vaccines except for one type of influenza vaccine, and thimerosal-free alternatives are available for influenza vaccine. Evidence from several studies examining trends in vaccine use and changes in autism frequency does not support such an association between thimerosal and autism. Furthermore, a scientific reviewExternal Web Site Icon by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) concluded that "the evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal–containing vaccines and autism." CDC supports the IOM conclusion that there is no relationship between vaccines containing thimerosal and autism rates in children.

The article states 1 in 88, but ive recently read its 1 in 50 now, i could be wrong here. Apparently there was a chemical in vaccines that presented a higher risk factor which was reduced to trace elements. So they are admitting that there have been problems and that there was a risk for autism, which is still a risk but less of a risk? I dont know what to make of this whole issue do any of you? If you have a kid do you have your kid vaccinated? How do we get enough information to make an informative decision as a parent?
edit on 29-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

At this point in the history of our young planet? I would say that whenever the government says something is so, believe the total opposite!

Seriously, is it the fault of the people that our world is so screwed up? OR Is it the fault of greedy, corrupt, manipulating politicians?

You decide.....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I have a baby brother and they take him for vaccines, at what point do i stop this from happening and how do i do this equipped with the right type of knowledge?

This isnt an easy debate.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I got both of my kids vaccinated with the standard state required vaccinations, i couldve refused but didnt worry about it.
However, when our dumbass governor, Rick Perry, decided to make the gardisil vacs mandatory (short lived)
I refused.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

What was the logic you applied to your refusal?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I just didnt take my daughter to get it.. it played out and the fool finally saw the error of his ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This can be bad for kids...to many people are not getting their kids vaccinated against stuff like measles mumps whooping cough and that is why those diseases are on the increase.

I had whooping cough as a kid and nearly died...

www.forbes.com...

Vaccines save lives period.

Why is autism on the increase? no body knows but maybe it is because we are actually detecting children with it, maybe it has always been 1 in 50 kids but many did not get diagnosed.
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 29-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Of course they've decided that vaccines do not cause Autism.....that would cost too much.

CX.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

I think the question is why didn't you get her vaccinated? Regardless of requirement.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I have a baby brother and they take him for vaccines, at what point do i stop this from happening and how do i do this equipped with the right type of knowledge?

This isnt an easy debate.

Your right! It isn't an easy debate! Follow the money! Who seems to control our government? Big Pharm, Monsanto, the Military Industrial complex, mean while, us lowly folks put more faith in these criminals that we elect into office than faith in a higher power!!!! I don't believe in God as religion dictates to make that clear, but I do believe we are not here by accident.

If you want to believe in the government, I won't hold it against you, but I have seen the depths of hell, and I can easily identify the evil ones whom gain our trusts in the name of giving them MORE power.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Let's see, the CDC, the very people who create and regulate the vaccines, want to assure us that the vaccines are safe.

Isn't that kind of like a spider telling you its safe to climb onto it's web?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

OP....I believe that I have,,, in my post definitively proven that the ingredients in Vaccinations are causing Autism. I would ask that you read the following post page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus, read the other comments that I have made on this thread. This is a huge topic, and as such, has multiple viewpoints that are valid or invalid. But I would present, that given the evidence, the root cause is vaccinations.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
At this point in the history of our young planet? I would say that whenever the government says something is so, believe the total opposite!

Seriously, is it the fault of the people that our world is so screwed up? OR Is it the fault of greedy, corrupt, manipulating politicians?

You decide.....

I don't pretend to know who the "men behind the curtain" are. I think there are more than enough bad-guys to go 'round ..... in government, banking and industry.

The CDC talks a good game on their website, but have they done any *transparent* studies on vaccines, aspartame or GMO's? It would be my guess that the CDC has devolved into a political mouthpiece for this government.

More and more people are waking up to the fact that this government is not only broken .... it appears to be seriously malignant.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog3n8

Believe what you want.
You haven't proven it at all apart from maybe in your own mind.

The simple fact is, no-one had any reason to believe that vaccines had any link to autism before the Wakefield affair and even though he's been proven wrong numerous times people have added 2+2 and came up with potato.

A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing and the more I encounter anti-vaxers it's evident just how little knowledge they really have (or the "knowledge" they do have is very selective).

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The testing was done on the antigen mostly. You cannot prove something doesn't cause problems by limiting the testing to a few specific tests. Broadform testing of many interactions must be done to prove safety or deny something is not real. They searched the known possibilities, not the unknown. If you stay within known parameters you will never find the association. It is all a deflection from the truth. I think it is just another of mankinds coverups of the problems they are creating.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Did you even read the evidence I have presented? I think not. If you had and then disagreed with it, you would then provide evidence to back up your claim. All I am hearing from you in innuendo, personal attacks, and assumptions.

For the record, I am not nor have I ever been anti-vaccine. I am however, against putting harmful agents in the vaccines.

As to Wakefield, you might want to get with the times, as you may not be aware of the change in status in the way the GMC handled Dr. Wakefield's case:

www.bbc.co.uk...

You might also be interested in these articles on the consequences of some vaccinations:

www.dailymail.co.uk... Former Science Chief's fears coming true

www.thelocal.se... Sweden Affirms swine flu vaccine narcolepsy link

www.thelocal.se... Narcolepsy traced to specific vaccine batches

www.thelocal.se... Skane hardest hit by swine flu narcolepsy

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddog3n8
reply to post by Pardon?

Did you even read the evidence I have presented? I think not. If you had and then disagreed with it, you would then provide evidence to back up your claim. All I am hearing from you in innuendo, personal attacks, and assumptions.

For the record, I am not nor have I ever been anti-vaccine. I am however, against putting harmful agents in the vaccines.

As to Wakefield, you might want to get with the times, as you may not be aware of the change in status in the way the GMC handled Dr. Wakefield's case:

www.bbc.co.uk...

You might also be interested in these articles on the consequences of some vaccinations:

www.dailymail.co.uk... Former Science Chief's fears coming true

www.thelocal.se... Sweden Affirms swine flu vaccine narcolepsy link

www.thelocal.se... Narcolepsy traced to specific vaccine batches

www.thelocal.se... Skane hardest hit by swine flu narcolepsy

Wakefield's not been cleared has he?
His study's not been able to be replicated either.

The second link's from 7 years ago and if you read it properly, it doesn't actually say very much at all.

126 cases out of 3.3 million? Whilst there's a link it's a bit tenuous and more than likely down to the individual's genetics rather than the vaccine don't you think?
How many people are allergic to anti-biotics? Does that mean anti-biotics cause allergies?

A larger than average number of cases being found in a relatively small area of a country?
Nothing to do with that specific gene pool then eh?

Whilst you may consider these articles to be evidence to prove the dangers of vaccines, to those of us who have a lot of knowledge on the subject they really don't mean much at all.
What they do prove are the dangers of learning via Google.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join