It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of Global Warming Policies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I read the following article in the Washington Post by Ron Arnold

washingtonexaminer.com...

Hypothermia has killed thousands, losses to the economy have soared into the billions, and the wintry spring has wrought mayhem on the roads, closed businesses and smashed power lines.

he attributes the deaths by hyperthermia to the energy policy of the British government

Why? Because instead of developing its vast natural gas resources to fuel gas-fired generators, Britain has been building wind turbines, which provide almost no electricity during frigid weather.

Now I was quite concerned. I hadn't noticed that thousands of britons are dying of hypothermia. I thought that this must be mistaken. So I searched the web and found this:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Frozen to death as fuel bills soar: Hypothermia cases among the elderly double in five years 1,876 patients treated for hypothermia in 2010/11 Hypothermia death toll within 30 days up from 135 to 260 Coincides with a surge in energy prices Industry analyst estimates 8 out of 10 households ration energy use Age UK says a quarter of all pensioners live in fuel poverty

Now it is true that the weather in England has been unusually cold this year. This type of cold only occurs once in every hundred years.

What do other people think? Is this proof that trying to replace fossil fuels with renewable energy is a bust?

Is this the future for all of us?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Kind of like Obama shutting down coal fired electric plants? (with the exceptions of the ones owned by his corporate sponsers)

I agree, the only people who will see these "NEW" technologies that are already developed will be the ones that are willing to be slaves to the NWO scumbags who are holding the technology back.......

There is no reason for anyone on this planet to be freezing to death or starving! Look at the technology we already have and honestly say to yourself, "With all of these toys and weapons, how is it possible that the world is in the shape it is?"

The answer? GREED and POWER!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The last thing I read was in the last 16 years global temps have not increased.
This says 5000 lives perished in the U.K. iceagenow.info...

iceagenow.info...

iceagenow.info...

iceagenow.info...

We went from Global warning to climate change just in the nick of time, no? Wonder what they will do/call it if a new ice age is honestly on the way?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
who is behind this, exxon ?

the US governemnts will be broke if we get just a few more super storms

a little fuel rationing is nothing compared to what might happen if the polar ice caps melt, the salinity in the atlantic changes enough for the current that keeps the UK from being norway stops flowing up from africa

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

a european ice age has always been a possible result of climate change. that idea has been out there for years and years

and if the volcanic activity is replaced by methane hydrate releases and increased solar activity, europe will become arctic. yes, warmer in some places can mean colder in others. it's a big planet

see post above

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I am not talking about global warming. I am talking about the failure of renewable energy sources.

Wasn't it supposed to be plentiful? Wasn't it supposed to be cheap/free?

So how many people will die for the idealogy of renewable energy? Can you give me a number of acceptable deaths?

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

join