It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Monsanto Protection Act': 5 Terrifying Things To Know About The HR 933 Provision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

'Monsanto Protection Act': 5 Terrifying Things To Know About The HR 933 Provision

www.ibtimes.com

1.) The "Monsanto Protection Act" effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of controversial genetically modified (aka GMO) or genetically engineered (GE) seeds, no matter what health issues may arise concerning GMOs in the future. The advent of genetically modified seeds -- which has been driven by the massive Monsanto Company -- and their exploding use in farms across America came on fast and has proved a huge boon for Monsanto's profits.

But many anti-GMO folks argue there have not been enough studies into the potential health risks of this new class
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fooddemocracynow: "Obama betrays America" / Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I feel like this is a red-flag for everyone who DOESN'T think that the Government is trying to create a dumbed-down population of sheeple. The studies that HAVE been done show the consequences of growing, harvesting, and eating the GMO foods.

There are now cases where GMO crop-field owners/growers will SUE a legit farmer 'next-door' because his or her crop pollen will float over their GMO field causing .. what, further hybridization? The fact that people growing organic or even semi-natural food face the threat of legal action from a corporate entity trying to force GMO food down our throats is absolutely terrifying.

The big question is: When presented with the facts, WHY would President Obama sign off on such an atrocious piece of legislation? WHY? We can stew all day in the rumor-mill.. or we can put the pieces together.

The ambiguous wars draining the economy + foreign spending draining the economy + loaning mass amounts from the Fed draining the economy + gun harvesting from the population + arming DHS way above and beyond civilian and/or police forces + 'Obamacare' where you get 'vaccines' and the ever-looming RFID chip + GMO sloth-food = ...? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

= And entirely dependant population of lethargic, unhealthy, and trackable people forced to lean more and more on the Government as everything around them continues to collapse.

Run for the hills? Oh my lanta, good thing I already live there in West By-God Virginia. But you just keep an ear to the ground and run when you hear the rumble of DHS vehicles.. I know I will.

- Fim

www.ibtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

It has been coming to this for a long time. A few years back I planted seeds i bought at the local hardware store. When I harvested I kept seed to re plant. The plants grew fine but never produced a single vegetable. after researching found out this was because they were modified that way. Last year my father bought seeds from a different hardware store. The plants grew No vegetables.At the time I thought it was all about reselling seed. Now I see it was more about trying to get rid of the Hierloom species so they could stuff this GMO garbage down our throats and control the food. As long as people stand on one side of the isle or the other they won't see that both sides are to blame for the mess this country is in. We will fight with each other instead of OUR common enemy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
But is this real though?
Or is it a hoax?

See link
www.addictinginfo.org...

Can someone tell me?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Monsanto is one of the biggest Piece of Ish companies that's out there. MAny of there cronies work in the EPA/FDA and they do whatever they want. A leading Bee Study Company called Bee Logics recently proved once and for all that the Neoclinotides that they spray on GMO's is whats killing bees, so what does Monsanto do? They went out and bought Bee-Logics with Hush money.

This is the future of Soylent Green and someone somewhere has to do something to stop this company. Its an evil Monopoly which doesn't give a crap about anything except profit and suing everyone in their way.

They passed this Protection act cause they know so many people are waking up to how much this company sucks, the people are demanding all foods be labeled, be organic, and be as far away from Monsanto as possible. So they passed this law to rush in, hurry up, and put out a gang on GMO - Everything so that the market becomes so flooded with nothing but GMO.

GMO water, air, clothes, vitamins, minerals, all foods, all fuels, Cancer for everybody. We're gong to need to pay them royalties just to breath and use water.

For Christ's sake I really hope someone can eventually bring Goliath down. I'm thinking more so from the inside. Sell the stock, dismember the corporation somehow.

If not, than I promise we're going to see Monsanto be in charge of some evil Chimera Soylent Green crushed fetus compressed GMO flesh cakes used to feed the masses starting in the prisons, and then everywhere else.

I just puked in my mouth a little when I read the headline of this post
edit on 29-3-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

naturalsociety.com...
www.examiner.com...

TextSec. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated status made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

www.govtrack.us...

411a - which is transport of plant pests. 412c - which is transfer of product. 414 - foreign plants and/or pests.

None of those are restrictive against a Missouri-based GMO name like Mon$anto. What it appears to say is that a 'temporary' license will be given to unregulated products.

But I don't really speak legal-ese and I'm not an expert. I just play connect the dots and enjoy thinking outside the box.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For the record.... the section in question is:

SEC. 735. In the event that a determination of non-regulated status made pursuant to section 411 of the Plant Protection Act H. R. 933—35 is or has been invalidated or vacated, the Secretary of Agriculture shall, notwithstanding any other provision of law, upon request by a farmer, grower, farm operator, or producer, immediately grant temporary permit(s) or temporary deregulation in part, subject to necessary and appropriate conditions consistent with section 411(a) or 412(c) of the Plant Protection Act, which interim conditions shall authorize the movement, introduction, continued cultivation, commercialization and other specifically enumerated activities and requirements, including measures designed to mitigate or minimize potential adverse environmental effects, if any, relevant to the Secretary’s evaluation of the petition for non-regulated status, while
ensuring that growers or other users are able to move, plant, cultivate, introduce into commerce and carry out other authorized activities in a timely manner: Provided, That all such conditions shall be applicable only for the interim period necessary for the Secretary to complete any required analyses or consultations related to the petition for non-regulated status: Provided further, That nothing in this section shall be construed as limiting the Secretary’s authority under section 411, 412 and 414 of the Plant Protection Act.

You don't need to be an expert to read and understand this... but many will tell you, you do...

This is just the tip of the iceberg people... this Act tells us a lot... especially if you look at the riders and who sponsored them....

PS - can anyone find the part where they state that all of this act is 'in accordance with the U.S. Constitution"? I found many explicit references to "notwithstanding" laws, regulations, and due process creating tremendous power for the political appointees... but little to 'restrict' or narrow their power to do as they wish.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is Outragous.....and we should all be furious! Gee, how lovely that the first lady of the US is soooo concerned about healthy food...

My education and backgroud are in Ornamental Horticulture.....and I have a little flower and landscaping business.......I have been so upset about this nightmare I have decided this year to very much encourage my customers to consider using fruit trees, ediable plants, herbs and veggies in thier landscapes...it really is the last place we can control in any way the food supply for our families and neighbors...God Bless Organic Farmers...

I have been doing some research into Organic seeds, and it is still possible to get the them......google it and you will find many sources....I'm going to try and provide a link that further explains the differences in seeds....hope it works, I'm a plant girl...computers confuse me.....but I will try.......

Stock up on good seeds that will reproduce, harvest those seeds while we still can...cause they will be coming for those next....label...store in envolpes, not plastic, in a cool, dry place...it's funny, I lived for many years in the Bay Area, CA, USA where medical pot is legal to grow and met a guy that was a grower through work, he rented a space from my boss where he grew legally, anyways.... he was telling me one day how expensive primo pot seeds and seedlings are, I was shocked, for a seed?

Soon we're going to have a black market for GMO free seeds and plants.......I can see it now " Hey Dude, can you hook me up with some Heirloom tomatos ? " The War on Organic Food" has begun...harass the "hippy bastards" ..it's Prozac or will throw your ass in jail unless you have a "lisence" to buy pot, accept GMO's or starve.....funny...David Rockafellers kid owns an Organic farm, rich people don't eat this crap......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
www.ehow.com...

hope this works
edit on 29-3-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I believe this bill is for the corruption of poison we call Monspanto to be able to plant their poison and crap seeds in the soil in states that do not approve monspanto crops, once they plant their poison it will contaminate anything that is around and in any nearby field, by the time the states and farmers in question that raise any complains about the contamination and illegal plant get to go into court it will be late.

This is what is been in the making for a long time for Monspanto crocks to get their greedy hands into prime land in states that do not allow their crap.

Still they careless about bees, because what they are trying to do is to decimate natural bees to introduce their new species of modified bees, this also been talk about after they bought a company that were working on genetically modifying bees.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The thing is, legislation is not law. Courts decide if it is lawful or constitutionally sound. So they can write this into their psuedo legalistic dribble all they want. It will ultimately be courts that will decide if that clause or the entire thing, is lawful.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am just sick over this.
What can we do? Surely some the great minds here can think of a way to stop this monster? Other than moving out of the country to a place that doesn't allow this monstrous entity, I don't know what to do.
I remeber the bee study but did not know that Monsanto bought them..of course! I should have seen that coming.
I saw one lone bee in my garden today.. beautiful creature! I hope we can save them, and ultimately, us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
These have to be some of the most morally bankrupt people on the planet.

How is it that legislating protection for their corruption was even allowed in the first place?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
These have to be some of the most morally bankrupt people on the planet.

How is it that legislating protection for their corruption was even allowed in the first place?

IMHO those are the kinds of questions we need to consider after we take care of this problem. The longer we sit and ponder 'how it all came to be this way', the worse it will continue to get. We need to find an immediate solution to stopping the spread of not only GMO's, but the pushing of harmful legislation.

Laws are meant to protect the people, not to persecute them. Our government has lost sight of that.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I laid awake all night, thinking, "why does MonSatan need to be outside any law?" Was there an agreement, "Okay we have your depopulation plans, now don't let us get hindered by lawsuits, so we can carry this out." I feel physically sick over this. I mean, it really scares me.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So far, all I have seen are opinions about this bill. I would love to see this political jargon officially defined piece by piece. The wording is difficult to understand as I'm sure is exactly what they intended.

top topics

join