It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim 40% of Population Infected with "Mind Control Parasite"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Scientists Claim 40% of Population Infected with "Mind Control Parasite"

intellihub.com

Joanne Webster, professor of parasite epidemiology at Imperial College London, explains that many parasites favor the brain, “because it shelters them from the full fury of the immune system”. But, she says, “it also gives them direct access to the machinery to alter the host’s behavior”.

What we have here (in this article) is a really bad mashup of some research that's been misunderstood and sensationalized.

Cats do, indeed, host a parasite that MAY cause reduced fear IN RATS AND MICE.

Now -- while specially bred mice and rats have immune systems similar enough to humans that we can use them for testing things we eat and use, we are not rodents (I've taught biology at the university level, so I'm pretty confident when I say we're not rodents.)

I'm going to argue that the studies are flawed. If you look at countries which have lots of pet cats (like Britain) and countries with similar cultures and fewer pet cats (Canada Map and data link) you can see that there's not a higher percentage of people with schizophrenia, etc, in Britain. Brazil and Russia have approximately the same percentage of pet ownership, but you don't see the same patterns of disease and mental disabilities in these two countries. Ditto Ukraine and United Kingdom.

It's a tempest in a teapot -- looked at in very small samples (a teapot-sized amount of water), the impact of one specific factor (kid jumping up and down next to the water/teapot) looks huge. Looked at globally (kid jumping up and down on the edge of an ocean), the model doesn't hold up.

I called this one "bad science reporting/partly bogus" before -- and I'm sticking to my answer.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This explains the reasons why some people watch the Jeremy Kyle show. Now I'm at peace

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Erm, we're super-organisms
It's not just toxo that's causing us to be as we are. It's a constellation of various pathogens interacting with our bodies in ways we can't even fathom.

I got me some pussy and yea it makes me wild, but it's not as if we're going to be getting anywhere without it.

Might as well shoot me with all you got, because I seem to handle it fine and dandy.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This seems true because people in the US would otherwise organize and over throw the ZioNazi monetary system monopolizing, weapons dealing war profiteering spawn of humanity that make the US government their lap dogs. Please go to wethepeoplerule.net... and sign the referendums for Constitutional Convention and Repeal of the Federal Reserve Act.

Thanks

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join