It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim 40% of Population Infected with "Mind Control Parasite"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So maybe now we know how cats managed to domesticate humans.
2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
5 cats . 5 dogs. the cats are not making me kill the dogs, ... So not too worried, .....YET....... LOL

Got a joke for you stolen from Jack dee.

I was putting up a shelving unit while being watched by my Cat and Dog and I looked down and the Dog looked up at me and said " I don't know what you are doing but I love you" I looked over to the cat sat on the couch and he purred "mate those shelves arn't straight"

I will get me coat

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
But but.. they are so cute!

Basicly they should forbid cats really.

How many people's live are misarable and how many killed themself because they had this little bugger?
They are natural born killers, and killing countless of birds and other prey (toying with them).

Yea forbid all cats please.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have a large black cat, his name is Big Fat Lou and he said to pass this along. "You are not infected, you have been given a gift." "The gift to recognize your masters, make sure they are treated well." I'd tell you more, but I have to bath and groom him, then go buy insanely high priced cat food and treats. He also wants a new collar.
edit on 30-3-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And in a few months Big Pharmacy will come out with some drug claiming to get rid of ( or help control)this parasite... ....and everyone will be rushing to get it so they will not be , contaminated, infected, paronoid, mind controlled , etc. ....Some lawmakers who are going against Big pharmacy or monsanto will be called "infected" and paranoid, and will disappear....and obamacare will demand to know what kind of pet you have because youll have to take this pill each day ,if you have a cat or pay a big fat fine each year . And all doctors will claim every pregnant womand will have to take it, and blah , blah, blah.........and all of a sudden someone will be making alot of money off of this "new scientific study" . ....ok maybe alittle dramatic, but I bet something comes out of this study and someone makes money.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Scientists Claim 40% of Population Infected with "Mind Control Parasite"

intellihub.com

Joanne Webster, professor of parasite epidemiology at Imperial College London, explains that many parasites favor the brain, “because it shelters them from the full fury of the immune system”. But, she says, “it also gives them direct access to the machinery to alter the host’s behavior”.

Toxo – which comes in the form of tiny single-celled cysts – was clustered in two areas of the brain: those controlling fear and pleasure. Pathways that normally responded to the smell of cat urine with alarm
(visit the link for the full news article)

Such a close correlation with the movie "The Host"

The Host: PLOT

en.wikipedia.org...(2013_film)

Partial Plot Outline

Earth has been inhabited by an intellegent alien species known as "Souls." Although an incredibly peaceful race, Souls can only survive by being inserted into a host body, taking control of their minds.

In an effort to discover the secret whereabouts of some of the last remaining human resistances, the Soul Wanderer has been inserted into the human being Melanie Stryder (Saoirse Ronan), who was captured while attempting to locate her family.

After insertion, Wanderer comes to realize an unsettling fact- Melanie has not faded away in consciousness, and in fact is putting up walls in her mind to prevent her family from being found.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I do and maybe it is a good thing, maybe that is why I talk to my cat and he answers through me speaking in a posh voice...
Remember the ancients thought cats were Gods.
They sure have taken over the internet.

lil Bub I could eat him up Nom Nom Nom too cute.

A theory about what is going on in cats:
That is probably because they seem to play around with chakras all day when they are purring while most humans cant get any chakras to work at all. There is probably a reason cats seem to have 9 lifes. An increased sense of synchronicity is probably following them around. It is not that they are smart or have highly evolved wisdom. It is that they can do the stupidest things but still in 99% of the times it works out fine anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While I believe this is an intereting, important topic, this information has been around for quite some time. It's nothing new or outlandish. Some places, such as south america, are known to be rampant with it. It's disturbing to say the least.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I know there has been speculation that a virus carried by cats is what causes schizophrenia, so it looks like that theory has been proven wrong.

It doesn't look like there is much evidence that this effects human behavior. Can cause people to drive wrecklessly? Well, that does explain the NASCAR crowd. But then again, most people I know who drive crazy hate cats.

Gotta wonder how many of these anti-bacterial soaps ore going to set people up for strange developments kept in check by the good bacteria.

Looks like they are still trying to scratch the surface.

edit on 30-3-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Is that mind control parasite called society? Can't be, over ninety percent of humans are effected by that parasite.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Autograf

My habit is to keep some antiseptic kitchen wipes on my counter,and although i take clean plates out of the cupboard to chop and slice+dice ingredients for meals-i still always wipe the counter each time before i work on it.Because there's flies to be reckoned with as well,and they are big germ-carriers.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Star for the trailer of the movie The Host- i was'nt aware of that one,i'll be sure to watch that,looks entertaining.Many people think that cats have healing abilities,back on the topic of cats-and i have found that sometimes when its "that time of the month" my pains subside to less painfull,sometimes to almost nothing,if one of my cats lay on my tummy.My youngest female cat,a pitchblack beauty especially likes to sleep on me.Its not the hot-water bottle effect,either,once i was in such pain,it was winter,and i Did hold a hwb to my abdomen-it did'nt help.Then the mother of my black female cat came to me,and lay down on my abdomen while i was reading some site on my cell,in bed.And after a while,the pain subsided to almost nothing-it was remarkable.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Wow that is on excellent link.

Now I understand my internet addiction.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I tested positive for them a few months back after reading about it and took the medication. I retested for it last month and my body is clear now.

Soooo
Did anything change?

Could they tell you how long you may have been infected (PPM count in your blood test...or something)?

After your treatment, did you have any noticeable physiological or rather mental/thought process differences from when you were "infected"?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
it's evolution of species symbiosis!?

nah they probably made this problem up so they can "cure" it. some evil conspiracy that relies on creating a problem so they can solve it with what they wanted in the beginning - inoculation of dissension.

conspiracy love

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My last thoughts on this subject-cats have always been around-and really,when you consider that almost half of the population of the world died of the black death-spread by RATS-and all the other diseases,ailments and pestilences that has befallen the human race-all the deaths and injuries caused by hatred,bigotry and just plain violent,evil or deranged PEOPLE-all the deaths from WARS that could have been avoided-and a cartel/cabal of unholy,psychotic "ELITE" for whom it seems essential as oxygen to screw over 99% of the human race-CATS AND WHATEVER THEY CAN PASS TO HUMANS ARE THE LEAST OF OUR WORRIES.
Also,they tend to not tear toddlers-and adults- to shreds,btw.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I had several cats when I was pregnant with my first child. I was worried about it because toxoplasmosis is dangerous for expectant mothers. I was tested...nothing.

Most people fend off exposure successfully, however, I think it might be linked with schizophrenia if infection goes untreated.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Parasite

Para - equal to

si - scythe (reaper)

te - tea

Bzzzz!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I hate cats, and cats hate me. its like a mutual thing not a phobia, we just dont get along. they just dont come near me. but dogs love me.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Cats are the only host they reproduce in, but any animals can be a host- besides cat feces, eating undercooked meat (beef) can infect you too.

When I was pregnant here in France, they did not do testing for this as they do in the US, and the doctor didn't give me the usual warnings I was used to hearing in the US- "During your pregnancy, be wary of cats, do not clean the cat box.." stuff like that.

I asked my doctor why no test? She looked confused and said "Why? Is there some reason for you to believe you might not have been infected already?"

Turns out that here, they figure that most of the population has already been infected, because so many eat meat cooked medium and rare. They also feel that the body develops a resistance to it after a first infection, so after you are innoculated. The danger for the fetus being the mother having a premo infection during pregnancy.

I don't know if any proof to the resistance factor has been found? But in any case, if 90% of the population here has it, then we could observe the effects upon behavior. They do drive dangerously, that's for sure. But they aren't especially fond of cats as a whole, and I don't find them to be especially couragious or risk taking beyond driving aggressively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join