It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim 40% of Population Infected with "Mind Control Parasite"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
KILL ALL THE CATS!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I won't be surprised if it turns out the entire animal and microbial world is having a proxy war through us via biological and psychological tools.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Seems Gareth Morgan was right...damn cats!

Cats are Evil

Mr Morgan is NEVER EVER right

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hmmm lived all my life with cats, they sleep on me, around my neck, i give em kisses, i get scratched, bit, changed litter trays when they where young, got cat scratch fever once, heck even ringworm... etc etc.

I aint no damn zombie, never thought of suicide (and my life has hardly been a peaches and cream), fairly empathic as a person, never buy into trends and fairly level headed...

And id say that goes with most of my family as well.

I can be fairly paranoid sometimes, but only when it comes to the safety of my cats. Which is odd since I believe the first time I heard about this parasite was after my brother proof read a science journal article dealing with it a number of years back, from what I gathered (if i remember rightly) the parasite does effect your mind, but mostly in regards to the cat itself.

So yeah, happily infected I guess... nothing wrong from what i can see.

Originally posted by Noinden
Mr Morgan is NEVER EVER right

Heck... every humans infected with some sort of parasite or another... hell pregnancy is technically a parasitic state as well, that even controls the host to a degree to boot.

Lets get all paranoid about making babies!

Edit:- Hmmm article mentions lack of fear from rats infected with the parasite...im one of the most guarded and cautious people I know, guess it works the opposite in humans

edit on 29-3-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Well about the making babies, apprently good luck in the USA

One in three americans

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is pure speculation on my (guilty) part.

Could it be that the information seeking trait of increased dopamine that leads to paranoia could actually be the result of people finding genuine clues about exploitation and/or conspiracy?

Could it be that increased information seeking unveils conspiracies, rather than creating irrational paranoia? This is the thought I had a couple min ago and wanted to put it here.

With the prevlance of lying out there which is supported by actual research hinting that human pscyhology actually tends toward lying, why should conspiracies not happen often? And why should information seeking people not be the ones that find them? Shouldn't those who don't seek be ignorant? Of course, perhaps too much dopamine shorts out the brain?

I would think that the method of seeking information and the type of information is more important. For example, if you're using the scientific method while seeking information, it will yield a higher probability of producing rational results. However, if you're getting your information from a tabloid magazine or from your horoscope then the results will be less than impressive.

Some people say that the internet is the new tabloid magazine and that it's short-circuiting the dopamine system in the brain. The idea is that the internet produces bad information and it's easy to access. Dopamine, since it creates the desire to seek information, will cause us to get our information from the internet. Thus, it will spell the end of the human species; a vicious destructive addiction.

But this is only true if the internet creates more bad information than it's worth. For example, a little bad information would be peanuts if the internet gave us fusion power, right? It all depends how much and how pervasive the bad information becomes. It's a give and take sort of thing.
edit on 29-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How about fungi - the most prolific substance on the planet? It is also EXTREMELY zoonotic in nature as well as permeating nearly anything it WANT's to, It's favorite food is CARBOHYDRATES. Candida albicans for instance is considered a SILENT epidemic. Rarely is it treated completely or properly. Once in the brain it literally makes the person GET what it wants to eat by making them crave things to eat that will feed it AND makes them do other activities that will further and increase it's existence. It eventually graduates to sporing it's environment.

www.prweb.com...

Fungi - Mycotic infections. Worth a look.

I think it is what causes alcoholics drink uncontrollably - EVERY single one is full of it when they die.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Opportunia because: forgot URL

I want to make it clear I am not advocating some product by posting the link. How you treat any type of parasitic infection should be done with GREAT care before using any substance that CLAIMS to be a remedy. The link is merely used to provide information about Candida Albicans
edit on 29-3-2013 by Opportunia because: URL Clarification

edit on 29-3-2013 by Opportunia because: ""

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
From the link

“We believe that this knowledge may be important for the further understanding of complex interactions in some major public health issues, that modern science still hasn’t been able to explain fully….At the same time, it’s important to emphasize that humans have lived with this parasite for many millennia, so today’s carriers of Toxoplasma need not be particularly worried.”

Along with taking potassium iodide, in healthy doses, 50-80 mgs, which detoxifies everthing, or MSM, or P'audarco tea, etc, there are many parasite cures and detox's, something that only those with arthritis need to avoid for some of this stuff. It doesnt seem to harm people too drastically.

As for the parasite itself, its basically harmless. It might make you a little bit crazy, but we are all a little bit crazy anyway, so no big deal.

Didn't see dopamine in it however. Didn't see any reference to dopamine and searching for conspiracies.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The best mind control is repeating lies over and over again till they become truth. I don't think the nwo needs any brain parasite to accomplish its totalitarian world government. Although I would'nt be suprised if many scientists DID possess such parasite in their brain since they have such a hard time coming up with anything that makes sense lately.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What if the scientists are wrong on this one?
I'm sorry, this is simply fear mongering and sounds like sort of a modern day witch-hunt.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Once you're infected you can communicate telepathically with your cats, then all cats for that matter. just as we communicate telepathically within our own species....we are infected pheromoneally

edit on 30-3-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well i can't speak for Americans or other nationalities,but one thing i Have noticed in my own country-the really dumb,ignorant folks turn out to be 9 out 10 times,people who hate cats,and won't own one if paid to do so.Just don't play in the litterbox and have them walk all over the counters where you prepare food,and you'll be fine.Jeez.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
5 cats . 5 dogs. the cats are not making me kill the dogs, ... So not too worried, .....YET....... LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Parasitic cysts with DNA in the brain that boost dopamine production. It could dampen fear responses and may make people suicidal.

It might explain the fringy woo woo people on ATS.

This might explain why there are crazy cat ladies and men that are obsessed about keeping their cats. They get high from the smell of cats because of this parasite. They figuratively get addicted to cats.

I grew up with cats almost my whole life, from 1 to over 30 of them in the past. Imagine never needing a depression medication, or at least always having a solid explanation about where the suicidal feelings came from. This Toxo might be the logical source of the impulses to self-destruct and do other compulsive things.

Well hey Wikipedia says that it's linked with ADHD, OCD, and Schizophrenia. I bet bipolar too. Why don't doctors test for this when they are doing mental health observations? Have some logic behind the problem, instead of the ambiguous "chemical imbalance" baloney.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ok guys, I have no idea!
Although this is in the UK it can be found everywhere.

Also they say it's been around for a while, but it could be more powerful today.

Could this parasite be an ingredient in why so many people are dumb?
Could it be the reason why nobody cares?

This parasite affects dopamine production, too little dopamine causes apathy while too much can cause paranoia and suicidal tendencies.
The article only talks about paranoia but doesn't speak about apathy.

Thoughts ATS?

intellihub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Paranoia? So most ATS'ers are suffering from this parasite then?
edit on 30-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Hmmm lived all my life with cats
I can be fairly paranoid sometimes
.im one of the most guarded and cautious people I know ...
edit on 29-3-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

Interesting...

As a fellow toxoplasmosis sufferer, I think this is a plot on the part of the cats to keep us scared of our own shadows while they continue to exterminate every single songbird from the face of the Earth.

Seriously everyone, stop making more cats, we have enough, and keep them indoors if you must keep them. They are cute little genocidal murderers.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
.Just don't play in the litterbox and have them walk all over the counters where you prepare food,and you'll be fine.Jeez.

The problem is they walk all over the counters anyway when you're not in the room. You can see this if you're ever around a cat that's not "your cat" when its human is away, at that human's house.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I posted a thread on this a few months back.

1 in 4 people infected with mood altering brain parasites.

Check the search function next time

edit to add

You can also get the parasites from unwashed produce or from food that has been exposed to mice which are the primary carriers.

You can get tested for it and there is a way to get rid of them from your body which involves taking anti-malarial meds along with another substance.

I tested positive for them a few months back after reading about it and took the medication. I retested for it last month and my body is clear now.

Oh yeah the infection rate in some countries is more around 60 to 70% 40 to 45% in the UK and roughly 25% in the US it makes you more prone to get in car accidents as well..
edit on 30-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
oh no, not the cats - i like cats

Pretty sure im not infected though, think my booze fuelled weekends take care of anything in brain :-)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I thought this was very hard to contract in humans.

When i read about this horrible parasite cycle of life, it made be very sick but i also read that its rare and hard for it to cross to humans and that it could not live long in humans anyway. quote below.

"A study of rats also found that infection caused them to lose their fear of cats and become attracted to the odor of cat urine. That behavioral change would increase the chance that a rat would be eaten by a cat — allowing the parasite to get into the cat's intestine, which is the only place it can reproduce sexually."
creepy stuff!

EDIT: just had a strange thought.... seems small seeded plants and trees that rely on birds and animals to eat the fruit and spread the seed and somthing in common with this crazy infection! nature sure is strange
edit on 30-3-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join