It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live in Hawaii, and I am not "laid back" about NK threats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I understand your fear and it seems not too misplaced.

Maybe Norht Korea has an ace up its sleeve? For you this is a different matter than most since you live exactly on a site that North Korea has claimed it's targetting with its missiles.

I had a dream where I saw missiles and bullets and airplanes in the sky. I watched as a missile with a trail coursed through the daylight. It was going so fast that I was unsure where it would hit; nearby or far. I was terrified. It was a nightmare. We were fleeing to get to a safer place.

In the dream I was never sure whether or not the next moment we'd be dead.

It was just a dream, but I understand your anxieties about a potential attack.

Lets hope that the possibility is remote and remains that way and it doesn't happen.
edit on 29-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The possibility of them hitting Hawai is very remote and not likely, but:
news.msn.com - Update: North Korean rocket puts satellite into orbit...

What this shows is they're capable of striking a place as far away as hawai, but they're NOT able to do this with precision. So their odds of striking a specific target are very low.

Iran, on the other hand, has demonstrated some rudimentary capability. They've launched satellites into orbit and these cases had higher precision. They even launched a monkey into space.

Look here:
www.americanthinker.com -
Iran Commander: We Have Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles...

The Safir missile is capable of transporting a satellite into space and indeed a ballistic missile that can reach beyond the earth's gravity into orbit. The missile has twice been vertically shot over the earth's atmosphere, the editorial says, "but if one day Iran decides that this missile should be shot parallel to the earth's orbit, the missile will actually be transformed into an intercontinental ballistic missile (that) has the capability to destroy targets in other continents."
According to Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, a nuclear weapons expert who has served in the CIA, "Historically, if a nation could put a large payload (hundreds of kilograms) into orbit, that has been treated as a milestone signifying that they have a military ICBM capability. We appear to have changed this rule for Iran's space program. If Western analysts today applied the same standards to Iran that we have applied to the USSR and China in the past, we would conclude that Iran already has an ICBM capability.

edit on 29-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by blackz28

The US thought The Viet Cong where a joke.
We all know what happened there.
well if you know history you know it was setup that way if it was run like a war where we WANTED to win well it would have been over quickly , but i digress back to hawaii getting nuked
edit on 29-3-2013 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

On what assumption do you make the comment that, The Vietnam War would have been over quickly IF YOU WANTED TO WIN?
Every country that fights a war wants to win. They don't go into it with the object of loosing. Your comment makes no sense what so ever.
if you want to win you bomb you dont stop bombing your enemys stockyards & cites ,you dont recommison a battleship & then dont let it shell above a certain parallel. you dont take an objective & give it back , you do realize that companies make alot of money or resupplies right?? read your history

edit on 30-3-2013 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
The US thought The Viet Cong where a joke.
We all know what happened there.

What happened there? Oh, you mean that little escapade in the 60's .... the false flag at the Gulf of Tonkin, 58,000 Americans dead, millions of Vietnamese murdered, disappeared and tortured ..... just for a start.

Are those the events you were referring to?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
North Korea is nothing but a little barking dog,.
And Hawaii is supposedly Oblamas home state,.
no worries

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You have better odds at winning the lotto than being attacked by NK.

Just sayin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join