It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood endorses post-birth abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood endorses post-birth abortion
www.youtube.com...

Florida legislators considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion were shocked during a committee hearing this week when a Planned Parenthood official endorsed a right to post-birth abortion.
Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.
"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”
"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

There are some adults that survived abortion attempts, should we kill them too?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Killing children is cool right? As long as it isn't at the barrel of a gun???

The progressive agenda is sooooo hypocritical it is disgusting!

I am not against ALL abortions, however, it amazes me how the progressive left use the race card as a hate issue, while having no issues whatsoever on how many black babies are murdered from abortions!

Hmmmmm on the scale of justice, lets check the balance.......HATE----------------MURDER? You decide!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

What, that is misleading.

Planned Parenthood does NOT support post-birth abortion. They are stating they are not getting involved in a medical decision that is for the birth parents and the doctors involved.

At no point did she say that planned parenthood actually supported the killing of botched abortion babies. But leave it to the media to demonize a group of people they don't agree with it.

ON a personal note, I'm pro choice. No late term, no post procedure abortions and I DO agree that they should attempt to save the life of a baby who lives through that horrific ordeal.

~Tenth
edit on 3/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

She was on the side defending it, and she also cleverly danced around defending her position!!! If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck............

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No.

You don't get to misinterpret what she said in order to suit your opinion of what occurred.

She stated clearly, that Planned Parenthood supported the decisions made by the Parents and Doctors.

Planned Parenthood's opinion is actually not relevant to anything.

ETA: the reason is not relevant, is that they would NEVER make the decision. Only doctors or the parents could. So what they think doesn't apply.

~Tenth
edit on 3/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood should be ashamed!!!!! Yet another corrupt/evil organization. Big surprise. To even imply that it's "ok" to kill a human being is CRAZY!!! First of all abortions should NEVER be performed after a certain point….that in it's self should be a huge crime (we all know that the laws are never what they should be and they usually get off with a slap on the wrist and some bad press). I also believe the mother should be charged with a crime….why should they be viewed as a victim in all of this (unless they were raped)?? If it weren't for their stupidity they would have taken the precautions to not get pregnant in the first place if they didn't want the child. My question is where are the rights of the child in all of this? Shouldn't that be the focal point of Planned Parenthood? It seems like the rights of the defenseless are being taken away more and more each day. Let's not even bring up the rights of abused children….that's yet another nightmare situation. It's so tragic.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Obama.
Feb, 4, 2013.

'If there is even one life we can save, we've got an obligation to try'

What else is there to say?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You don't get to misinterpret what she said in order to suit your opinion of what occurred.

She stated clearly, that Planned Parenthood supported the decisions made by the Parents and Doctors.

Planned Parenthood's opinion is actually not relevant to anything.

ETA: the reason is not relevant, is that they would NEVER make the decision. Only doctors or the parents could. So what they think doesn't apply.

Considering the past SNAFU's by family planning and their government funding how am I misinterpreting the subject she so cleverly danced around?

People interpret things on a daily basis, but I guess because I don't agree with you I can't believe otherwise? Remember, you said, "You don't get to misinterpret!".

My apologies, I am sorry for thinking of this agencies past history and using their current rhetoric to call BS!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is someone who survived an abortion
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Obama.
Feb, 4, 2013.

'If there is even one life we can save, we've got an obligation to try'

What else is there to say?

I agree .... but too bad Obama supports Planned Parenthood .... and oh yeah he supported late term abortion didn't he? .... and oh yeah Obamacare does have death panels .... so the only life we have an obligation to save is the one the great and powerful Obama says is worth saving.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

What did the representative say about post-birth abortion? She said that this decision should be left up to the woman in question and her doctor. They didn't endorse anything, however they do support the decision of the woman and supports her rights to seek advice from her physician. It took about 10 seconds at the beginning of the video to figure out that the OP was lying.

Anti-abortionists still think their propaganda is going to somehow get rid of the choice and rights women have in this country concerning pregnancy. 40 years on and Roe V Wade is still running strong, and it's not going to go away. Women will continue to have that right and choice over their pregnancies. They are not barbie dolls to be controlled and dictated to the minute they get pregnant, they're not slaves to their biology, if you don't like abortions yourselves then (1) don't have one (2) mind your own damned business, your own bodies, (3) tend to your own flock.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Um, okay.

So they can have a choice as to commit murder after their first attempt failed.

Gotta love that "choice".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Who exactly gave women the right to kill babies? They say it is their right, who gave them that right? At least a million couples a year try to adopt a baby in America, At least a million babies a year are murdered by abortion. The excuse is always "well i'm afraid i might get attached to the baby once it's born". Really? That is no excuse for murder. How many Einsteins have been aborted? They have devices now that they can put under your skin to keep you from getting pregnant. Planned Parenthood should just give those away to every teen. Problem solved. But no, we must murder babies while in the same breath say "we must take away all guns to protect the children" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I personally am not for abortion...but I do believe people have to make their own choices. Planned Parenthood is stepping back and letting the people involved in each pregnancy make their own decisions.

This sign expresses some of my feelings on the subject....

And also....another thought on the subject...

edit on 29-3-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I personally am not for abortion...but I do believe people have to make their own choices. Planned Parenthood is stepping back and letting the people involved in each pregnancy make their own decisions.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing
-Edmund Burke

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So they can have a choice as to commit murder

Oh of course not, I don't think women should be allowed to kill and murder people. I am terribly sorry if I confused you and made it sound as if I supported murder because I certainly I don't! I do support the woman's right and choice to have an abortion, which is not murder. So sorry for confusing you there

Gotta love that "choice"

Oh I love it alright. I love it because it just kills people like you to know that women have choices. You personally believe that the minute a women is pregnant, her rights ceases and she should then be controlled like some doll, but fortunately we've long moved on from that era. Thanks as well to technology it's getting easier for women to make those choices

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Anti-abortionists still think their propaganda is going to somehow get rid of the choice and rights women have in this country concerning pregnancy.

Does the word "RESPONSIBLE" mean anything to you? How about the word "MORALITY"?

It's too bad you progressives don't apply your same reasoning to the rights of "RESPONSIBLE" gun owners as you do the rights of "IRRESPONSIBLE" ADULTS who CHOOSE to create a baby!

Isn't that what the whole abortion argument is about?

The fact that there are men and women out there so irresponsible that when they WHOOPS we made a mistake that MURDER is reasonable option???

I gotta love how you say it is between the doctor and patient, while in every other aspect of our lives in this country, you DEMAND BIG GOVERNMENT!

Just so you know, I am not totally against abortions, in the cases of rape, dumb ass teenagers, and a life being in danger I feel it is ok, but to demand that adults should be responsible in this day and age, and reward them for being "irresponsible" with the murder of a child, is absolutely the most insane argument I can think of.....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood does NOT support post-birth abortion. They are stating they are not getting involved in a medical decision that is for the birth parents and the doctors involved.

So basicaly they want it to be legal to choose not to save the baby that survives abortion. Am I reading that right or not?

There is too much empty phrases both in the video and in this thread, and not enough substance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join