It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 2012 UFO sighting in Samara, Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I often explore Russian Internet and search private blogs in particular for UFO stories and videos and sometimes I do stumble upon some interesting stuff. I found this account of a UFO sighting quite compelling and I thought that some of you might want to check it out.

Here's the link to the original story in Russian: yx-e.ru...

I have run the text through Google translate and I will paste it below. Apologies for being too lazy to translate it properly. There are a few funny glitches in the translation like "the village of solar fields" (quite poetic, isn't it?), which is obviously just the weird translation of Solnechnaya Polyana, which is the actual name of the village the witness lives in, etc.

This story about a UFO over Samara, which I saw only once in his life, but he saw himself - this is the value of this story. Describe without any embellish and artistic tricks - as it is.
I saw a UFO over Samara

UFO over Samara is not entirely accurate. To be absolutely precise, it must be said that the village of solar fields in which I now live, is located between the city and the city of Samara Zhigulevsk, roughly in the middle, on the right bank of the Volga. It happened in
October night. I must say that my house is located five hundred meters from the Volga. I live on the second floor. The bed is located as follows: on the one side of the wall, but rather a huge balcony door, almost fully glazed, through which can be seen a pretty decent piece of the sky. I want to draw your attention that evening the weather was overcast - thick low clouds delayed the whole sky. That's the background information. It seems that nothing is missed.
And so, I went to bed as usual. Suddenly woke up at night and immediately, as if he had not slept at all. So I woke up only twice in my life, I do remember. The first time I woke up, is described in the story "dead souls" , the analogy is a perfect match. Just as if I lay down and closed his eyes and then opened them again, but at this moment slept for a few hours. I do not know anyone, did so to wake up, but I can tell you not a pleasant feeling, because of its strangeness. I woke up because it is not clear why, he opened his eyes, staring straight up at the sky through the balcony door, I see a bright star. Well, okay. I looked at the clock - three a penny. He turned over on his side, facing the wall, I think: "Sleep is necessary, too early." But there it was - there was something wrong. But what? I turned back to face the balcony door. Light! The room was light, as if a full moon. But there was no moon and the stars could be seen, no one, except this one. It could not be seen - I said that there were dense clouds in the evening. Still, that was not the case? The size of the stars! Yes. Too big for a star and too small for the moon. Such big stars I've never seen, despite the fact that at one time fond of astronomy and had the necessary optics. That's it. These discrepancies would not let me sleep. At first, I felt it instinctively, and then replayed in his head this way and that. Concluded, this should not be!
And then I decided to go out on the balcony, make sure that it is. The light is not included - it was light. Picked up the glasses and left. The first thing that surprised: there was an unnatural silence and absolute. As bright as the full moon. On the distance is hard to judge, but I think that in a few tens of kilometers, over the river, near Samara hung the object. Roughly circular. I stood there for several minutes, marveled at the unusual. Was chilly. Was about to leave. And then this "star" swam. Slowly began to move in my direction po-nad Volga. My jaw dropped, I was confused, and she approached. Absolutely no sound. UFO! Closer and closer. The review from my balcony 180. The object was moving from side to Zhigulevsk Samara and Togliatti. And when he was half of the visible ways and I was right in front of my house, over the river, I realized to take their powerful optics, which I have left from the days of astronomy hobby. Quickly jumped into the room, grabbed the binoculars, camera ...
Now regret not having picked up a tripod. Binoculars so powerful that it is impossible to watch with hands - the hands are shaking, the picture jumps and lubricated. But now, so what? Passed. Then I had not thought of. Popped brought binoculars to an object, adjust sharpness, but his hands were shaking and the image jumps. I let my binoculars to support the balcony, to compensate for hand-shake and watched. But this too loudly "look" - the image of galloping. I threw a pair of binoculars, brought the camera, held it for a moment, changing the magnification. After a few seconds the UFO pulled so quickly, that I, even without the optics have not been able to fix it. Disappeared. It was dark as a dungeon. And then the silence broke, he heard the natural sounds - the sound of wind rustling leaves, vzlay dogs dopey cock crow. As usual. And, as if nothing had happened. Or was it? Then why am I an idiot standing on the balcony at three in the morning in shorts and with a camera in hand?
"So what?" - Some would say. What's so unusual about that? No little green men, no giant robots, kidnapping and other miracles. The entire value of the story in his reality. Tell me honestly, you seen a UFO? For example, I had to face once in a lifetime and I have honestly written.
If you encounter a UFO, email me about it, but the truth. And I will publish your story, if I'm sure that's true. Feedback form is on the page "SloMar - cool dictionary" .
If you liked the story "UFO over Samaria" please leave a comment - for me, your opinion is very important. Work the buttons if you are not hard.

The video itself.

I feel that the guy sounds genuine. Thoughts?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 29/3/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm very interesting. At around the 35 second mark camera person zooms way in and you see something very strange. I don't know if this is an affect the light has on the camera or what but it's odd. Good find!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I want to draw your attention that evening the weather was overcast - thick low clouds delayed the whole sky

Nevertheless it looks like a scintillating star to me , the odd appearance down to the camera binocular combination not the star .

It may even be the ISS , no way to tell .

Here's a Star video with a similar but less pronounced effect in the center from about 1.00 .

edit on 29-3-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I want to draw your attention that evening the weather was overcast - thick low clouds delayed the whole sky

Nevertheless it looks like a scintillating star to me , the odd appearance down to the camera binocular combination not the star .

Thanks, gortex. It does indeed look similar to those videos of stars. Maybe the man has lied after all.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace

Thanks, gortex. It does indeed look similar to those videos of stars. Maybe the man has lied after all.

He may not have lied, may have just mistaken a star for something more.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn

Well, I've re-read the man's account again. The Google translation was probably a little off, because in the original story he says that the object/star was floating and moving in the direction of the beholder until it took off at great speed and disappeared. He also mentions unusual quietness, some eerie silence which stopped right after the object disappeared. I found this being somewhat similar to what was described by witnesses of the Randlesham forest incident.

So now that I think of this case again, it looks like the man has either lied or imagined all of this, OR it was a genuine UFO, as in an unidentified craft. The resemblance of his video to the ones posted below does not actually prove that it was a star. It does look similar, but many of us have seen those moving star-like UFOs which I'm guessing look star-like even through high power optics.
edit on 4/4/2013 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn

Well, I've re-read the man's account again. The Google translation was probably a little off, because in the original story he says that the object/star was floating and moving in the direction of the beholder until it took off at great speed and disappeared. He also mentions unusual quietness, some eerie silence which stopped right after the object disappeared. I found this being somewhat similar to what was described by witnesses of the Randlesham forest incident.

So now that I think of this case again, it looks like the man has either lied or imagined all of this, OR it was a genuine UFO, as in an unidentified craft. The resemblance of his video to the ones posted below does not actually prove that it was a star. It does look similar, but many of us have seen those moving star-like UFOs which I'm guessing look star-like even through high power optics.
edit on 4/4/2013 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

You probably know that stars appear to move when observed from the surface because of the light distortion caused by the atmosphere. Although, that doesn't make them appear to suddenly take off at high speed, just kind of wiggle around a bit...Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

join