It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Underwear bomber' was working for the CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

'Underwear bomber' was working for the CIA

www.blacklistednews.com

Bomber involved in plot to attack US-bound jet was working as an informer with Saudi intelligence and the CIA, it has emerged
A would-be "underwear bomber" involved in a plot to attack a US-based jet was in fact working as an undercover informer with Saudi intelligence and the CIA, it has emerged.

The revelation is the latest twist in an increasingly bizarre story about the disruption of an apparent attempt by al-Qaida to strike at a high-profile American target using a sophisticated device hidden in the clothing of an attacker.

The plot, which the White House said on Monday had invol
(visit the link for the full news article)

As per THIS POST the article may be misleading in it's intend and the information presented. Please read and make an informed decision.

edit on 3/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well isn't that just super interesting?

Years after the event, come to find out our bomber is tied to domestic and foreign intelligence agencies.

That's not convenient or anything.

The linked story is from The Guardian in 2012, which is a bit strange I suppose, but the BLN source is recent.

It's pretty safe bet at this point that most western/European/allied intelligence agencies are the base cause of most terrorist attacks.

At the very least their operations influence legitimate terrorist cells to action.

Creating terrorism, in an effort to fight a war on terrorism.

Novel concept eh?

~Tenth

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, the military industrial complex and the intelligence agencies have to justify their existance/budgests.

The FBI does it too ...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well this wouldn't be the first time an informant has done something like that. Here is another good one...

The suicide bomber who killed seven CIA operatives in Afghanistan last week was a Jordanian informant who lured intelligence officers into a trap by promising new information about al-Qaeda's top leadership, former U.S. government officials said Monday.

articles.washingtonpost.com...

I guess the CIA should do a better job of who they have work for them.

It just goes to show that just because someone is an informant it doesn't mean they can't do bad things against the people who employ them.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Of course it was a set up!

Here is a video, of Kurt Haskell, an attorney from Michigan who witnessed the "suits" putting the guy on the plane! Here is him talking about how the prosecutors would not allow them to attend the trial! Can you say "Cover UP"? The prosecution had already got it's orders to prevent Kurt and his wife from testifying on what they had heard and saw!
Hmmmm, wonder why?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The really twisted part is that they had the bomb planted in his underwear.
I can just picture all of them sitting around a table discussing where the bomb's going to go. Typical frat boy mentality, but it takes this kind of mind to get the ball rolling so we and our children get felt up at the airports and have to go through X-ray machines while all the TSA thugs laugh and make jokes.
Simply disgusting how these "masterminds" are ruining this country and destroying our freedoms all because war is big business. I hope they all rot in Hell.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hate. To say it but I am not surprised. At all.......sorry

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
STOP!!!

THIS IS WRONG.

Let me explain, this is not new news, it’s over a year old it was first published in the guardian and it’s not saying that the actual underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab who was responsible for the 2009 bombing was a CIA or Saudi intelligence. Rather it talks about another “would-be” underwear bomber who was actually an informant for the CIA and Saudi’s who was told to go blow up a plane but instead handed the bomb over to his handlers. This unnamed individual was key in taking down the legendary AQAP bomb maker Fahd al-Quso who built the underwear bomb. By the time this “unnamed informant” was in play Umar Farouk Abdulmatllab was in prison.

Blacklisted news are being very misleading putting up Umar Farouk’s picture next to that article.

just check out the link to the origional news source, it does not say that Umar Farouk was a CIA informent.

Its not really any kind of big conspiracy that the CIA and Saudi intelligence would have informants in these groups all be it they are like gold nuggets to them. This is not a “CIA Informant tries to blow up passenger plane” thread this is actually a “CIA informant stops passenger plane bombing”.
edit on 29-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Huh, that's interesting.

I'm gonna link this post in my OP for clarity

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No problem dude, its blacklisted news’s fault they are being really quite misleading I wouldn’t have spotted unless I researched al-Quso for another thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No problem dude, its blacklisted news’s fault they are being really quite misleading I wouldn’t have spotted unless I researched al-Quso for another thread.

honestly, that's kinda par-for-the-course for these sites that are ATS' bread-and-butter

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Do be honest I find BLN to be very good. I mean their own writing is sensationalist, but at least they usually source things properly and to proper sources at least.

It's not like Before It's News where they literally just make up the stuff

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I agree BLN is one of the few “alternative” news sources I use and its because of their sources. Usually I don’t bother reading what they have written because it tends to be rubbish but I do use their links because they seem to be very good.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well isn't that just super interesting?

Years after the event, come to find out our bomber is tied to domestic and foreign intelligence agencies.

Hang on a second. Go back and re-read both the article that you linked as well as the Guardian article it sources -- they aren't talking about Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, they're talking about some unnamed informant.

How is that super interesting, and how is an anonymous informant "our bomber"? Are you just confusing him with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab? Because neither article appears to be about him in any fashion.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Having done a bit more investigating about this source and the contents, I realize that this thread is indeed, mostly false and not presented in the right way.

Therefore, I am closing this thread. No point in gaining stars and flags for disinformation

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join