It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: 'outbreak of war hours away'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
S ource

The order came after US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Washington would not be cowed by Pyongyang's bellicose threats and stood ready to respond to "any eventuality". Mr Kim directed his rocket units on standby at an overnight emergency meeting with top army commanders, hours after nuclear-capable US B-2 stealth bombers were deployed in ongoing US joint military drills with South Korea.

It said US stealth bomber flights over the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DRPK) had made the situation "critical with the outbreak of war probably only hours away". It was not clear who the email was from.

by the end of the weekend, we'll definitively know whether or not Kim is serious. There's no grey area with that statement.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Let's hope they're still just bluffing like everyone thinks..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
all they have to do is wait and he will paint himself in a corner. the US is helping him along of course, but there are very few outcomes herewhere Un wins

I really hope the US just waits him out. who knows, maybe there is a coup coming

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
Let's hope they're still just bluffing like everyone thinks..

HOPE so NorthBlizzard and thanks also hope Constant Depended Credentials has assessed as well Global effects..

Thanks

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I'd be interested in China's response to a NK attack. We'd soon see what Beijing really thinks. I think they have often shown lip service to sanctions against NK and I suspect that China has secretly sanctioned NK's aggressive rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If war is actually about to break out in hours, I wonder what his first move would be? I just hope that they do not resort to using a nuke.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I really hope they're joking...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
If war is actually about to break out in hours, I wonder what his first move would be? I just hope that they do not resort to using a nuke.

His first move will be to find a bunker.
If a war starts, we know what happens to the leader in a country that loses a war.
They get a stretched neck or blown up or shot up or...
Lil Kim ain't dumb, after this touches off, he must die and he knows this.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ah I wonder what the boys in Ui Jeong Bu are up to today?.As we speak they are 12 miles from the DMZ,that's where they live,fun job huh?
Good luck to our troops who are in the front...waiting.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He bluffs so often that it is hard to tell when he is serious! One of these days, WHAM, he will just do what he threatens to!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm tired of hearing nuke this, nuke that, nuke nuke nuke.

North Korea has thousands of tonnes of chemical and biological weapons, the kinds that cause blisters on the inside of your lungs while your central nervous system overloads and you fall into a seizure while your body essentially begins to chemically melt from the inside out. They've had these weapons for DECADES, and have various ways of delivering them that are much more sturdy than their nuke(s).

I'd rather go out in a nuclear blast than suffer though a B/C attack. Even worse, if you survive the attack and end up horribly disfigured or essentially unable to live without assistance...

When everybody talks about how they should just go in and attack NK, they don't realize that NK has many, many warheads containing these nerve gasses and other agents pointed at Seoul and other large cities. 10.5 million people live in Seoul, and many of them would be killed in the first hour of shelling and gas attacks if war did break out.

But hey, the vast majority of people on the internet seem to think that NK is a joke and that without US-brand nukes that they don't pose a threat. Never underestimate your enemy, even if the threats seem totally out there, you have nothing to gain and everything to lose by dismissing them.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

well if Un is ready to do the unthinkable take on the US he would use his heavy artillery , shelling the South , if one is to the math that comes out to be 250,000 shells per hour it is said the shelling would last 3 hours, then the invasion would take place some 1 million men coming in at once, think of army ants , you might have an idea.

Now if Un goes nuke low yield 20 kt or less say some 700 missiles and 10,000 shells he could take over the south in an hour, there would be nothing left but then they would send in the slaves to clean up and to decontaminate, this is if we do not react to his bombardment and say you win , this is not likely, for he Un thinks he could pull it off buy using China as a wild card. Un's plan would make Hitlers blitzkrieg look like child's play.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

His first move will be to find a bunker.
If a war starts, we know what happens to the leader in a country that loses a war.
They get a stretched neck or blown up or shot up or...
Lil Kim ain't dumb, after this touches off, he must die and he knows this.

Not really... his grandfather Kim Il-sung went through the korean war and was in office till the 90s...

Also Hirohito died in 89 I think... and we went through ww2 and 2 a-bombs.

Winners dont always feel the need to kill the losing king - checkmate does the trick. It comes down to lots of factors actually and bloodlust doesnt really help. Unless he wants to go down in a blaze of glory...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

That's what I'm saying. People seem to think the only way NK would attack is a long range nuke. There's many more possibilites than that for this to start off.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Who always makes the first move against these "terrorist" countries???

USA starts the wars, then walks away when they realise they cant win it....USA is the aggressor, like they have been so many times in the past. Everyone is the enemy to the USA...they will always throw the first punch then blame someone else for it

"they were maybe going to nuke us, probably sometime in the near future...we HAD to nuke them and install a central bank to stop the threat" "they have WMD's"...."they are going to use chemical weapons"....then the USA rides in and uses these WMD's and chemical weapons against the "enemy" and no one bats an eyelid!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I'm not sure the people of north korea, other than those in the prisons, would even consider a coup, They have been given a supernatural image of Kim jong il's life, and probably Kim jong un's as well. Most people dont consider taking power from a "god"

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dupe, another thread with same cited article.

top topics

join