It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny in the U.S...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Tyranny in the U.S. can never happen.

Why? Because in order for the President to become a tyrant, they must first disband Congress and usurp the power to make law. The President does not now, nor will they ever, have the power to disband Congress, therefore they will never gain the power to make law.

Remember, Congress can depose the President, but the President can not depose Congress.

You get a vote, every two years, for your representative. If you don't like them, vote against them. Now with social networks, the 6-degrees of separation has never been smaller. Make a list of why they shouldn't get the vote and put it on facebook or twitter. Campaign against them.

Every single law can be repealed. Even the Bill of Rights can be repealed (though the difficulty of removing a constitutional amendment is very difficult, it can be done). So if you don't like a law, vote people in that will repeal it.

Remember, Congress makes or gets rid of laws. The President has no power over Congress (except the veto, but Congress can over ride that). You vote for Congress every two years. Therefore Presidential tyranny can not exist in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How dare you bring common sense!

Prepare to be shot down by the tin-foil brigade and gun nuts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems to me that the vast majority of ATSers who complain about tyranny are really right wing republicans who don't like having a democratic president. These people seem to be basically un-democratic. Their clams of tyranny are baseless.

I remember when Bill Clinton was president he had to put up with the likes of the Michigan militia who were again right wing people who wanted to fight to "get their country back". They wanted to do this on the basis they were "patriots".

Those who claim to want to stop tyranny want to stop democracy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
tyr·an·ny

noun /ˈtirənē/ 
tyrannies, plural

1.) Cruel and oppressive government or rule
- people who survive war and escape tyranny
- the removal of the regime may be the end of a tyranny

2.) A nation under such cruel and oppressive government

3.) Cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control
- she resented his rages and his tyranny
- the tyranny of the nine-to-five day
- his father's tyrannies

4.) (esp. in ancient Greece) Rule by one who has absolute power without legal right

It doesn't take Obama gaining absolute control for the government to become tyrannical and oppressive.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Obama is already using Executive Orders to bypass Congress. And Leon Panetta said on live t.v. that he gets his orders from the U.N. and Congress need not be consulted to go to war.

In a way you are right...Obama, or any American President, would not be the "head tyrant" because they are puppets for the NWO.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

What NWO? What evidence do you have it exists? Who is in it? Who knows of it?

I'm tired of people throwing around that term and not actually explaining the stupid thing. There is no NWO , there is no shadowy organisation in a dark, smoky room discussing how to take away your rights. Your president is a black democrat, get over it and stop inventing stupid excuses to hate the president.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

It doesn't take Obama gaining absolute control for the government to become tyrannical and oppressive.

yet the gov can change every two years. you dont like what the reps are doing, vote them out! do the same for senate every 6 years. you have the power in your vote.

in the u.s., tyranny by the gov can only happen if you keep sending the same ol' people back to the hill to make laws you dont agree with.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This thread is delusional and void of reality. Divide and conquer working well on you guys.....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The premise of this thread is so incredibly flawed that I cant decide if it is serious or trolling.

First, you're confusing tyranny with dictator.

Second, what happens when that congress that you use as the line of defense is usurped by the same corrupt, corporate owned 'political parties' as the president?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
unless the words "Martial Law" are used in that case constitutional law is suspended for the duration of the incident. The POTUS can do this as he chooses to.That is the law.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

if there is a NWO, it would be big business, the "too big to fail, too big to jail" people. International corps that only care about themselves, and not the country(s) that they are in.

corporations take away more of your rights than the gov ever could. you have no 1st, 2nd, 4th, or 5th amendment rights (just off the top of my head) in the corp world. you do something in your off time they dont like and your fired. hr depts have "blacklists" so you wont get a good job every again.

at the moment they are already taking your bonus and pay raises and giving it all to the top brass, forcing you to live in poverty (most people on foodstamps have jobs that dont pay enough for them to buy food).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

you vote them out! anyone can run for office. anyone can oppose a person running. just get off your duff and do something, most importantly VOTE!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What NWO? What evidence do you have it exists? Who is in it? Who knows of it?

I'm tired of people throwing around that term and not actually explaining the stupid thing. There is no NWO , there is no shadowy organisation in a dark, smoky room discussing how to take away your rights. Your president is a black democrat, get over it and stop inventing stupid excuses to hate the president.

OK!! How about an old "white president" talking about the NWO?????

Don't you think it is about time you Progressives give up on the RACE CARD???

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

What?

The martial law concept in the United States is closely tied with the right of habeas corpus, which is in essence the right to a hearing on lawful imprisonment, or more broadly, the supervision of law enforcement by the judiciary. The ability to suspend habeas corpus is often equated with martial law.[citation needed] Article 1, Section 9 of the US Constitution states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

In United States law, martial law is limited by several court decisions that were handed down between the American Civil War and World War II. In 1878, Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids military involvement in domestic law enforcement without congressional approval.

At least two American lawmakers have stated on the record that, in their opinion, Section 1031 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 legalizes or authorizes martial law in the United States. Senator Mark Udall stated "These provisions raise serious questions as to who we are as a society and what our Constitution seeks to protect...Section 1031 essentially repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 by authorizing the U.S. military to perform law enforcement functions on American soil."[14]

There are MULTIPLE ways in which the POTUS can usurp congress and the senate and act entirely as a dictator. These things are written into your federal laws and constitution.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

executive orders only apply to existing laws.

such as when obama decided to not enforce doma. as chief executive, its hes prerogative how to enforce the law.

should he go too far astray, he gets impeached.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

O.K. let's say there is no NWO. Then our presidents are puppets for the U.N. Dems Repubs, makes no difference.

And you are using race baiting on the wrong guy. You don't know me, but I'm faaaaar from racist. I've dated a black girI. I am a drummer in a funk band. I was a hip hop M.C. in a previous band.

I voted for Obama in his first election. Then he proved to be like all the rest. I was tricked and so were you.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

Our government has had tyrannical aspects for decades, the most glaring being our debt based monetary system and IRS.

Not to mention "free speech zones", raiding dairy farmers, warrant-less spying, "sneak and peak" searches, indefinite detentions, suspension of habeas corpus, black sites, secret renditions, torture, citizen kill lists, citizen assassinations etc.

And if all that wasnt enough, I have news for you. The POTUS is able to use EOs.

They have the force of law and completely circumvent the Congress.

IMHO, they are unconstitutional and tyrannical.

edit on 29-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Congress has no power. Stifled by apathy and fear of losing individual high paying jobs. POTUS has no power. If he truly started to try use what he may have for what he personally wanted to do, If he went against the will of his masters he would end up like JFK.

Nope you have a thinly veiled plutocracy. European Bankers and elite dynastic families control America. Tyranny? When HAVEN'T you had tyranny in America?
edit on 29-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
This thread is delusional and void of reality. Divide and conquer working well on you guys.....

I agree. I wish people weren't so simple minded. My goal is to help everybody find life liberty and happiness. I hate seeing Obama-ites be just as blind as the Bush-ies.

There is no conqure without divide.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chi-and-Me

O.K. let's say there is no NWO. Then our presidents are puppets for the U.N. Dems Repubs, makes no difference.

And you are using race baiting on the wrong guy. You don't know me, but I'm faaaaar from racist. I've dated a black girI. I am a drummer in a funk band. I was a hip hop M.C. in a previous band.

I voted for Obama in his first election. Then he proved to be like all the rest. I was tricked and so were you.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join