Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Feature Request ("jump to your last reply")

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When I reply to threads, at a later time I want to go back to the specific thread and CONTINUE to read from there where I last posted/replied, to see the new posts and also the replies in the thread to my reply.

99% of times, I start out with getting back in the thread and then TEDIOUSLY step through all the pages (which increase over time of course) to find my last reply and then continue from there in the discussion. I actually use the search function in my browser to find my original post and the replies.

It would be 1000x easier (and I saw that option already on other forums) if every thread had an additional button "jump to my last reply".

Then people could immediately jump in whatever thread they were in before and continue right there where they left off with their last reply in the thread, without having to manually search through the entire thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
When I reply to threads, at a later time I want to go back to the specific thread and CONTINUE to read from there where I last posted/replied, to see the new posts and also the replies in the thread to my reply.

99% of times, I start out with getting back in the thread and then TEDIOUSLY step through all the pages (which increase over time of course) to find my last reply and then continue from there in the discussion. I actually use the search function in my browser to find my original post and the replies.

It would be 1000x easier (and I saw that option already on other forums) if every thread had an additional button "jump to my last reply".

Then people could immediately jump in whatever thread they were in before and continue right there where they left off with their last reply in the thread, without having to manually search through the entire thread.

I like that idea here... specifically when there are 10 threads with similar titles and I go looking for my last reply in a thread Im SURE I posted in.. and its the wrong thread. LOL! I have to go to the control panel to find what thread it is.

What im running, if I dont close the thread tab, I can refresh and it will take me to my last post... then I can read from there. All bets are off when I close the tab though

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

There is already a way to do this, although not as simple as you might have requested.

If you go to your profile page, you'll notice a link that states POSTS.

If you click on that link it will give you a list of all your most recent posts. Clicking on any of them will take you directly to your last post in that thread.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

There is already a way to do this, although not as simple as you might have requested.

If you go to your profile page, you'll notice a link that states POSTS.

If you click on that link it will give you a list of all your most recent posts. Clicking on any of them will take you directly to your last post in that thread.

~Tenth

Although this is true and I was going to suggest this as a work around, I agree with the reasons for this request. When you are on your "My ATS" page rather than only having the choice of going to OP or the last post of a thread you are subscribed to, it would be great to have a third option to go right to your last post. Otherwise we are constantly jumping between My ATS, and My profile in order to navigate, which is pretty cumbersome. It would be pretty simple to implement I expect.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Once you enter any part of ATS (aside from the homepage that opens when you first get here), you will see a menu at the bottom of the screen.

If you click on 'My Posts' it will take you to a list of all your posts. The top ones are your last replies in a thread.

In the image below you'll see that I have two replies in a thread called, The Day of the Cross.

The top one is my last reply.

Hope this helps.
edit on 3/30/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No, this does not help. First off - it has already been suggested so you obviously didn't read the thread....?

Second: I have to go to My ATS to look over subscribed threads. I see one where others have no posted (IE My name is not the last post any more) I now have to click on "Show Ribbon" then "My Posts" then wait for that to load. Then I have to go through all my posts finding the one which is in that subscribed thread. (Which may be way down the list). Then I can click on that link to read that thread. Then I have to go back to My ATS to look for the next thread with a reply, and repeat the whole process. This is a massive pain. It adds a lot of extra clicks (Which any developer knows should be avoided) AND I have to wait for extra pages to be loaded, which can take a while if the internet is being slow. Plus it puts loads of extra page requests on the ATS servers. For the simplicity of adding one button to the My ATS page it would make the whole system smoother and much faster to navigate.

Yes - it is a work around. But not a solution.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
reply to post by jiggerj

No, this does not help. First off - it has already been suggested so you obviously didn't read the thread....?

Second: I have to go to My ATS to look over subscribed threads.

No, I didn't read the whole thread. I read your post and replied.

No, you don't have to go to My ATS if you want to find your last reply. Just use the menu at the bottom.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

No, you don't have to go to My ATS if you want to find your last reply. Just use the menu at the bottom.

So how do I know which threads have replies and which ones do not if I don't check out MY ATS page first?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

So how do I know which threads have replies and which ones do not if I don't check out MY ATS page first?

I didn't show the whole menu bar in that pic. On that same bar you'll find 'Messages' that will take you to "Your Private Messages" with Replies there.

edit on 4/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That still doesn't help. Most often there are a dozen or so replies in a thread but non are replies to my post. So there would be nothing here to tell me that. But I still want to go back to my last reply in that thread. The only way I know there has been activity then is to go to My ATS to see if there has been activity, and then go to the member center to click on my last post there to pick up where I left off.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
hmm i don't always want to go back to a previous post i made, sometimes i may not post but am still interested in reading what is going on. what would be nice is a "bookmark" feature that would let you go back to where you left off, would be very handy especially in the rather long threads that you may need a long time to get through, and may want to take a break from it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. ATS has very old-style forum format. It does not really work with this kind of forum because getting off topic on here is way too easy. I suggest just copying the Google+ hangout formats. That means for every reply there is a collapsed message. For every new post per topic there is a new message. This would make it much easier for navigation. For example, I may not care what he or she says but if they rely to me, I want to know or atleast be notified. BTW, how about email notifications like FB?

Also, I want to quickly scan topics and see if I cam interested in anything going on. By collapsing all the replies, I can do this much quicker and reply more quickly and also checkout more topics.

*Topics = new topics in forums
*Reply = reply messages within topics
*new messages = new messages (not relies) within topics

new topics

top topics

join