It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Billion Pixel Panorama of Mars from Curiosity Rover.....It Looks Like Mars Just Needs Water

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
behold!!! the distance the space is close to the same !!! are you going to tell me that these (Markers) are Natural !!

They don't look artificial and the distance is not the same between them.

Or are you talking about the distance to the "face"?

Or are they the markers left over from NASA alterations of the photo of a CAD program or Photo morph Program ?

CAD? For what? It's a bitmap image, using CAD for a bitmap image is the same thing as using a screwdriver to fix a nail in a wall, possible but terribly inadequate.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I will directly speak to Wolfenz here. I absolutely agree with what you are seeing. Quite a few years ago I read a very controversial book by Graham Hancock, "The Mars Mystery". This book is what started my interest in other life in the universe. Also read, Erich von Daniken, "Gold of the Gods".

I have mentioned my interest before about a very simple thing that I saw, not only on the moon, but also on Mars, especially the photo you posted. I have outlined the specific areas that I am talking about.

It looks like bright lights on the surface (unnatural). I have come to the conclusion that the craters cast light from the sun. The two outlined, does not look natural, though.

I have also been looking at the video posted below, and is a close comparison to what you are talking about the colour of the sky on Mars, also with some very weird "corrections" of the photos.

www.youtube.com...

On some pictures of the dark side of the moon, it almost looks like highway "lights", as you will see from a photo of earth at night.

If anybody else can shed some light (no pun intended) on this, I would appreciate it.
edit on 31-3-2013 by AlwaysWonder because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by AlwaysWonder because: Picture

edit on 31-3-2013 by AlwaysWonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is an incredible panorama. The work put in to this must have been insane. I can't even fathom it.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
This is an incredible panorama. The work put in to this must have been insane. I can't even fathom it.

S&F!

When I saw you, impaired, posted on this I "ran" right over. You've given high praise to the pan, and coming from you that's saying something. Please link this one to your gigapan thread, and vics versa. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

behold!!! the distance the space is close to the same !!! are you going to tell me that these (Markers) are Natural !!

They don't look artificial and the distance is not the same between them.

Or are you talking about the distance to the "face"?

Or are they the markers left over from NASA alterations of the photo of a CAD program or Photo morph Program ?

CAD? For what? It's a bitmap image, using CAD for a bitmap image is the same thing as using a screwdriver to fix a nail in a wall, possible but terribly inadequate.

OMG Geometry isnt natural of the distance of the Spots (markers ) i figure you wouldn't understand or disinfo

Cad OR A Photo Morph program Picture Editer etc... that used those spots to Alter the Face etc..

Just WOW

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

OMG Geometry isnt natural of the distance of the Spots (markers ) i figure you wouldn't understand or disinfo

Geometry may be natural, it depends on what you're talking about.

As for the distance, I don't understand what you mean, and, apparently, you don't want to explain it...

Cad OR A Photo Morph program Picture Editer etc... that used those spots to Alter the Face etc..

Just WOW

Do you know how a image editing program works? There is no need for markers, unless you are using Microsoft Paint, all good image editing programs allow you to use guides, layers, etc. all things that can be used to align an image to some other image or to features of another image. I know, I have done it myself many times (since at least 1996), and I never had the need for using markings on the image I was working with.

jra

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I would like to see a blue sky in mars ohh wait... i can with just a auto color adjustments in those so many photo editors like picasa

When you adjust the levels in an image you can make things all sorts of different colours. Just because you can take a Mars image and do some auto colour adjustment to make the sky blue doesn't really mean that the sky is actually blue. The Martian sky would be an extremely dark blue, if not black, were there no dust in the atmosphere.

But Mars' sky is full of dust, you can see it in the photos. The distant mountains / crater rim can be quite hazy and hard to see sometimes due to the amount of dust in the air. Dust/sand storms also happen on Earth and you can also make those skies whitish-blue too.

So just because you can make the sky look blue with some levels adjustments doesn't mean the sky is actually blue in reality. Dust/sand storms drastically affect and filter the amount of light that reaches the ground which strongly affects the histogram of the image. The automatic features in software programs like photoshop or picasa are programed to adjust the histogram in ways that it thinks are 'proper'. However, I rarely find that to be the case with my own photos, let alone ones from Mars.

Here's a link to the original

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
beyond amazing..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

As for the distance, I don't understand what you mean, and, apparently, you don't want to explain it...

Just WOW

Do you know how a image editing program works? There is no need for markers, unless you are using Microsoft Paint, all good image editing programs allow you to use guides, layers, etc. all things that can be used to align an image to some other image or to features of another image. I know, I have done it myself many times (since at least 1996), and I never had the need for using markings on the image I was working with.

" Natural !! " show me a natural equal distance like that on earth!!

OMG a Elementary Schooled Child can see there is a equal distance of what I showed in ( Circles )!!!!!

ohh sure I know how to use a Editing program !! and some programs you do use points!! ( Depends on what year those Pics ( as of Many through out the years ) of the face was taken place I doubt you used a Morphing program !! to change the shape !!

Well Well Well I Ironic !!

This Pics is an Ancient Mount in IRAN Same Place of Ayseerian Sumerian Ancient Culture is Supposed to be and we all know about this here on ATS of the Sumerian Anunnaki History !!

Malik Shaw Iran the tepe !! hmm interesting HUh!!!

Face of Mars

if you don't see the Similarity's you have a Problem my Friend

PERSIAN STAR MAP MATCHING MARS & EGYPTIAN PLEIADES 'LEG OF BULL'
thehiddenrecords.com...

and what about the Dadan Mound in Iran that look so similar in Cydonia Mars !

Note also how another ancient site near Malik Shah holds another forgotten great secret proving the probability of the Mars anomalies being real. A massive monument called the Dadan Mound is recognised as an ancient structure of sorts, perhaps a modified mountain. It remarkably has a shape close to the five sided pyramid shaped anomaly found on Mars. (Image at bottom of page).

IRAN
thehiddenrecords.com...

MARS
thehiddenrecords.com...

edit on 31-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

good find, Ive never seen those Iranian photos... didnt realize there was something that similar... don't you hate it when someone makes Richard C. Hoagland seem at least partially correct?

ps: I love Richard and I love when he gets proven rightish... just saying.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by vServo
reply to post by Wolfenz

good find, Ive never seen those Iranian photos... didnt realize there was something that similar... don't you hate it when someone makes Richard C. Hoagland seem at least partially correct?

ps: I love Richard and I love when he gets proven rightish... just saying.

well it gets better!!

see this site

One would be forgiven for thinking that the comic story above was inspired by the Face on Mars formation discovered at Cydonia by the Viking orbiter in 1976.

In fact it comes from a comic book published in September 1958.

www.bob-wonderland.supanet.com...

Ya think some how they(NASA US ) knew and was leaked into a fricken comic book The Face of Mars LOL!!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Like what?

OMG a Elementary Schooled Child can see there is a equal distance of what I showed in ( Circles )!!!!!
The distance between one point and the next? Is that it?

If that's the case, these are the distances between those points, measured in Photoshop.

and some programs you do use points!!

Could you give me an example, I never seen an image editing program in which you had to use points on the image you were working with to change it.

I doubt you used a Morphing program !! to change the shape !!

I did, some years ago.

Malik Shaw Iran the tepe !! hmm interesting HUh!!!

Face of Mars

Yes, I see the similarities, and I also see the differences.

thehiddenrecords.com...

I don't understand what they mean by all that.

Yes, it's very similar to that five side hill, but is it artificial or natural?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Like what?

The distance between one point and the next? Is that it?

If that's the case, these are the distances between those points, measured in Photoshop.

"" Does Martian soil shift to thousand to millions of years ! let alone the possibility of that event when the planet lost its magnetic field or the climatic events thorough out the Ions you know loss of H20 to the atmosphere to space and floods tidal waves etc when the planet was loosing grip making the marker shift a little etc ""

and some programs you do use points!!

Could you give me an example, I never seen an image editing program in which you had to use points on the image you were working with to change it.

I doubt you used a Morphing program !! to change the shape !!

I did, some years ago.

Malik Shaw Iran the Tepe !! hmm interesting HUh!!!

Face of Mars

Yes, I see the similarities, and I also see the differences.

"" what differences do you see "" same type of shape but the possible face in Iran is kinda worn down as earth like to wear things down you know rain wind sand heat etc.. over the millenniums

thehiddenrecords.com...

I don't understand what they mean by all that.

Yes, it's very similar to that five side hill, but is it artificial or natural?

well seeing there is two of them in cydonia same location close to the exact same thing like the Dadan Mound you tell me the odds !

let see Earth IRAN Tepe Mound Dadan Mound around the same area Iran
Mars Cydonia 5 side Pyramid Shape Structure Two of Them!! and the Face of Mars Close to the Same of Iran's Tepe Mound you tell me the odd of that happening !!

5 sided pyramid !! I see 2 of them

Stop the Trolling

edit on 1-4-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

What does D&M Pyramid stand for?

I'll look for this pyramid on Google Mars.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I think i found a better pic of Cydonia.

Cydonia

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysWonder
It looks like bright lights on the surface (unnatural). I have come to the conclusion that the craters cast light from the sun. The two outlined, does not look natural, though.

When seen at a higher resolution, they do look natural.

Below you can see both in two animations, with the image at 5%, 10%, 25%, 50% and 100% zoom.

I hope I got the right features.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey ArMap - Stop the trolling!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysWonder

When seen at a higher resolution, they do look natural.

Below you can see both in two animations, with the image at 5%, 10%, 25%, 50% and 100% zoom.

I hope I got the right features.

OHH cool on the 2md ani gif you showed the little light mound and in the last close up it look likes a little hole covered over with soil and it look like there may of been something there like a marker thanks for showing well if it just just a plain mound i would consider something different

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by rickymouse
Disappointing. They could have gotten a more interesting picture out in a desert here on earth. Sand and rocks......They should have put that camera somewhere on Hawaii.

There are plenty of photos and panoramas of Hawaii and other places on Earth. There is only one rover on Mars that systematically takes colour images on that planet. I don't understand how you can get dissapointed about that. If anything, we need more rovers there (including one on the edge of the Valles Marineris, and one at the bottom of it
).

I know! Put a dome enclosure with a WIFI WebCam in it on the edge of the Valles Marineris.

Throw 3 big icebergs from Earth in the valley and just watch what happens.

Valles Marineris

You watch way to much sci-fi by the looks of it how exactly would they get your icebergs there

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by wildespace

Originally posted by rickymouse
Disappointing. They could have gotten a more interesting picture out in a desert here on earth. Sand and rocks......They should have put that camera somewhere on Hawaii.

There are plenty of photos and panoramas of Hawaii and other places on Earth. There is only one rover on Mars that systematically takes colour images on that planet. I don't understand how you can get dissapointed about that. If anything, we need more rovers there (including one on the edge of the Valles Marineris, and one at the bottom of it
).

I know! Put a dome enclosure with a WIFI WebCam in it on the edge of the Valles Marineris.

Throw 3 big icebergs from Earth in the valley and just watch what happens.

Valles Marineris

You watch way to much sci-fi by the looks of it how exactly would they get your icebergs there

No problem. Extend the warp field around the iceberg. Turn on the gravity wave tractor beam.

Aim it at the ice berg. Then just take off and set a heading for Mars.

Skip to the end. What happens when they land in the canyon?

Great science experiment?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join