It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Billion Pixel Panorama of Mars from Curiosity Rover.....It Looks Like Mars Just Needs Water

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
That looks sooo fake and CG its not even funny, It looked so fake I had to comment on it..I've seen similar work done in Video game engines..

That panorama is CG, made from several photos. The photos do not look CG to me.

Could you point us to some of those video games that have similar images? Thanks in advance.

People are so gullible these days...

People have always been gullible, some believe in everything other people think, some believe that only their opinion is true.

ps No one here can prove that any picture from mars is actually from mars or a place here on earth or one someone created in a computer...and because that is true we are all left to speculate what is true or fake, but based off my experience I am sure this and all others are "fake".

Well, those photos do not look like any place here on Earth, although they look similar to some places.

And no, nobody can know for sure if those are real photos or not, in the same way nobody can really know if you are a real person or just some AI program.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Originally posted by ArMaP

That looks sooo fake and CG its not even funny, It looked so fake I had to comment on it..I've seen similar work done in Video game engines..

That panorama is CG, made from several photos. The photos do not look CG to me.

Could you point us to some of those video games that have similar images? Thanks in advance.

People are so gullible these days...

People have always been gullible, some believe in everything other people think, some believe that only their opinion is true.

ps No one here can prove that any picture from mars is actually from mars or a place here on earth or one someone created in a computer...and because that is true we are all left to speculate what is true or fake, but based off my experience I am sure this and all others are "fake".

Well, those photos do not look like any place here on Earth, although they look similar to some places.

And no, nobody can know for sure if those are real photos or not, in the same way nobody can really know if you are a real person or just some AI program.

Hmm you seem like your sure I cant show you reference lol well get ready..do ou think games still look like pong?

heres full conference when they get to the engine part you will see...

www.gamespot.com...

starts at 19:46 really begins at 20min mark
Here Is power of video games behold the fox engine photo realism

www.youtube.com...

gematsu.com...

www.ign.com...

a few more examples

en.wikipedia.org...:Uncharted-3-desert-art.jpg

pay attn. to the environments/scenery not the character

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

keep in mind all of these aren't up to date also if private companies have this type of power you can only imagine the power of governments with virtually unlimited money and assets

Also look at the environment/inanimate objects in vid games if a still was taken it would be hard for one to tell difference of whats real or not which the examples above show especially the ones from fox engine but wait heres some more examples

games.yahoo.com...

www.youtube.com...

youtu.be...

I could go on and on, anyway pay attn to the environments and objects... i took the time to hunt these vids down so plz check em out.

lol I'am not an AI program and I can prove it, but can you?

almost forgot earth vs mars photos

If someone didn't say it was mars or vice versa you wouldn't know..

www.businessinsider.com...

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

hmm makes ya wonder huh

cmon really? look at this

www.boston.com...

ok Thats enough links to last awhile have fun

edit on 31-3-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: links

edit on 31-3-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: links

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wonder how long it took for god to create Mars...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What's this??

Full size

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Here they are putting a billion dollar project in a crater canyon to find life a good place too
yet they should put another Rover in the Spot of Cydonia !! now theres a challenge!!!!!!!

Many pepole have that (wrong) idea about this mission.

Curiosity was designed to assess whether Mars ever had an environment able to support small life forms called microbes. In other words, its mission is to determine the planet's "habitability."

Source

They are not looking for present day life, they are looking at habitability in general.

Just to Shut up Skeptics and Conspiracy Theorists It will never Happen ( well known.. to the Public )

I don't think it will happen either (at least in the next years), not because of that area having some signs of past or present life, just because it doesn't look like a better place to get useful data when compared with all other places.

Ahhh ArMaP I already know this... possible life on Mars when the Sun was so young !! A ;lot warmer when it had a Magnetic Field and a Stable Core it had H2O as proof of the Ancient River beds and Canyons
but the Structures that looks like the Geometric Shapes and Degrees ancient structures like here on Earth in Cydonia

just to give you and the rest of ATS of something to think about !!

Take just about any Picture of the Face of Mars!!! in Cydonia !

now dont look at the Mound it self ( Face ) Look around it what i see is something totally unnatural a Chance of that Happening is One in A Million!!!

Find the Pics On NASA ( preferred ) but find one that shows directly top view of the face if you can !

if you CANT see what i see then Ill show You and ATS as ive saying this in post plenty of times since ive been on ATS !!

Here look at this !! seeing nasa has cropped it !! and doesn't want to show it !!

Face of MARS
www.msss.com...
edit on 31-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Do the individual images from which that panorama was assembled look fake? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

How do they look fake? What is your definition of fake? Why do you have this overriding belief that everything is fake if we here have no way of proving it with 100% certainty?

What about the images from Mars Reconaissance Orbiter where you can see the rover's location in fair detail, and even the rover itself? Are you going to maintain that those images are also faked?

Curiosity has science instruments that were made, and are operated, by institutes in other countries (Germany, Russia, Canada). Are all those institutes also lying to us? Why would they?

Please find me a location on Earth that matches this scene:

You sound like a person saying that the earth isn't round, and you wouldn't believe any evidence unless they take you to space and let you see for yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Do the individual images from which that panorama was assembled look fake? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

How do they look fake? What is your definition of fake? Why do you have this overriding belief that everything is fake if we here have no way of proving it with 100% certainty?

What about the images from Mars Reconaissance Orbiter where you can see the rover's location in fair detail, and even the rover itself? Are you going to maintain that those images are also faked?

Curiosity has science instruments that were made, and are operated, by institutes in other countries (Germany, Russia, Canada). Are all those institutes also lying to us? Why would they?

Please find me a location on Earth that matches this scene:

You sound like a person saying that the earth isn't round, and you wouldn't believe any evidence unless they take you to space and let you see for yourself.

my god its mars !!! nope the middle east not exactly the same exactly scene but close

www.asergeev.com...

www.123rf.com...

Africa
www.visualphotos.com...

well minus the flora

www.exodus.co.uk...

I would like to see a blue sky in mars ohh wait... i can with just a auto color adjustments in those so many photo editors like picasa

with [picasa] HumanitiesLastHope could ya plz explain that one for me

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
If we put water on Mars, will the sky turn blue?

No. The sky is blue because the sun's blue light scatters into the atmosphere.
If you'd like more information on it, you can visit this link Why is the sky blue?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hmm you seem like your sure I cant show you reference lol well get ready..do ou think games still look like pong?
No, I really want to see what games look like now, I am little outdated in that area.

Here Is power of video games behold the fox engine photo realism

www.youtube.com...

Nice.
I hope I can get a computer powerful enough to play that.

I could go on and on, anyway pay attn to the environments and objects... i took the time to hunt these vids down so plz check em out.

I did check them all, thanks.

But even in the new Fox Engine there's things that we can see are not natural. For example, that "which one is real and which one is Fox" (or something like that), we can see that the real one looks more natural, specially in one of the more difficult things to recreated, the way light is reflected on all surfaces in a scene and affects everything in it.

Although I don't think games are yet as good as reality (like you said), I know that, if someone throws enough money and/or time into it, a CG image can be as good as real.

lol I'am not an AI program and I can prove it, but can you?

Can you? A really good AI program would be expecting something like this.

almost forgot earth vs mars photos

If someone didn't say it was mars or vice versa you wouldn't know..

www.businessinsider.com...

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

hmm makes ya wonder huh

cmon really? look at this

www.boston.com...

That's what I have been saying in several threads, the differences are there, even if they are not clearly noticeable. Look at the way things, on Earth, are, even in a desert, worn out by water. Water and strong winds in a more dense atmosphere also create large areas that are dust free, something that is not visible on Mars, where everything is covered by a thin dust layer.

Some years ago, someone tried to use a photo from Morocco as if it was from Mars, but the differences were obvious and he admitted that the photos were not from Mars (he posted the full photo, with people and a Jeep).

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

now dont look at the Mound it self ( Face ) Look around it what i see is something totally unnatural a Chance of that Happening is One in A Million!!!

If it's one in a million then it's possible.

Find the Pics On NASA ( preferred ) but find one that shows directly top view of the face if you can !

if you CANT see what i see then Ill show You and ATS as ive saying this in post plenty of times since ive been on ATS !!

I don't see anything that doesn't look natural.

www.disclose.tv...

That video doesn't work for me, it only shows a black screen.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Mars Dragon Skull

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
couldn't resist

and here's marvin and bugs.

edit on 29-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Nice warning, should be aware of...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
couldn't resist

and here's marvin and bugs.

edit on 29-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Nice warning, should be aware of...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If it's one in a million then it's possible.

I don't see anything that doesn't look natural.

www.disclose.tv...

That video doesn't work for me, it only shows a black screen.

I meant one in a million for it to be natural!!

I figured that!!! LOL

behold!!! the distance the space is close to the same !!! are you going to tell me that these (Markers) are Natural !!

Or are they the markers left over from NASA alterations of the photo of a CAD program or Photo morph Program ?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I do realize you colored this pic but to me it looks like a lake follow it
around and ends behind a small hill.
I've been looking for patterns and some of the things I seeing
do not look natural in the least.
I'm not saying it is for sure but definitely something to think about.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Wolfenz

I do realize you colored this pic but to me it looks like a lake follow it
around and ends behind a small hill.
I've been looking for patterns and some of the things I seeing
do not look natural in the least.
I'm not saying it is for sure but definitely something to think about.

all i did is use Auto Color Correct using Picasa for the program yes like a lake this pic is from Mars just did the auto color correct as any ATS member can do the same

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Nope, those pics still don't match Mt Sharp and those dark sand dunes (which the poster above mistaken for water). What about the fact that some features in Curiosity's images can be recognised on images from Mars Reconaissance Orbiter?

P.S. can you do the opposite, and turn the blue sky on earth to martian "butterscotch" colour? Go ahead and make a picture from earth look like a picture from Curiosity. Can you find a place on earth that is covered with a thin layer of reddish dust, but has grey rock underneath?
edit on 31-3-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by Wolfenz

Nope, those pics still don't match Mt Sharp and those dark sand dunes (which the poster above mistaken for water). What about the fact that some features in Curiosity's images can be recognised on images from Mars Reconaissance Orbiter?

P.S. can you do the opposite, and turn the blue sky on earth to martian "butterscotch" colour? Go ahead and make a picture from earth look like a picture from Curiosity.
edit on 31-3-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

ahh what i said !!!

my god its mars !!! nope the middle east not exactly the same exactly scene but close

not the same Scene !!! ok

can I do the same with Auto Color Correction !!!! to make a Blue Sky Earth to Look Like Mars Nope in Picasa ( NOPE ) can I Alter a Earthen picture with a Reddish Hue Alteration with Picasa !! Yup just like NASA!!! Now kinda Funny that the Alteration of Auto Correct looks more Natural Especially with the Viking Photos of the 70s were no Paint programs exist to a Auto Correct let alone a PC that could of done it just lens filtration

and there is a few Viking Photos that Shows a Color Chart right on the !!! Viking itself !! that kinda does not match with the colors of red green blue etc!! but when you use an Auto correct program on them the the color are what they are suppose to be !!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I think it's very compelling of course we'll never know for sure
unless NASA decides to come clean.but to look at that area
and follow it around looks like a natural stream that goes into a small lake.
There are numerous channels all over this picture that looks to have
water trickling throughout the area.Not to mention the difference in color some of
the channels looks like mud or wet sand.

Is anyone else seeing this?

People can say whatever they like this is compelling for recent water or water on Mars
now.

As far as other areas that I see patterns in I'm seeing broken up roads
or slabs of concrete that runs around the back of the picture.
I just can't seem to figure out how to capture a screen shot,lol
I'm computer illiterate.
"I'll see if my daughter can help me with embedding a screen shot.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

The "water" is dark sand dunes. You can see them clearly on Mars Reconaissance Orbiter images. Here they are as seen by Curiosity's descent camera: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
We know that liquid water cannot exist on Mars like it does on Earth, in lakes and streams. It's physically impossible.

By the way, what do you mean by NASA coming clean? How would they do that? They already present a lot of their documentation and data to the public, and many universities and research institutes are working with NASA as part of Curiosity team. Mars has also been studied by the European Space Agency's Mars Express Orbiter. So much data is pouring in for the scientists, it's strange to hear someone speak of coming clean. It's like you conspiracy believers speak a different language from the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join