It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Billion Pixel Panorama of Mars from Curiosity Rover.....It Looks Like Mars Just Needs Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hmmm the "Image"linking system here doesnt work..

Can some one see what it says UNDER the bigger stone?

imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If I worked for NASA, I would be so proud of this picture.
Words cannot do it justice.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Can some one see what it says UNDER the bigger stone?

It says "pixels, pixels, pixels".

Seriously, I don't see a thing, and with all that zooming, we are only looking at the pixels created by the interpolation algorithm used by the zoom.

edit on 30/3/2013 by ArMaP because: Changed the image tags

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Dude take of your glasses or see another optitian...Or what its called...
Cant you atleast TRY to imagine a text, in the shadows just beneath the
bigger rock in the pct.

Coamalongandplaywiththerestofus
edit on 2013/3/30 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Can they tell if any of that had organic material on it at some point?

They got as far as proving that water was on the ground at some point. There were crystal compounds that only form in those conditions. Other proof is that since the ground has essentially oxidised due to reaction with oxygen and UV light, so there must have been source of water at some time.

I've always wondered whether some of those mystery photographs of statue like human figures couldn't have been debris from Earth blown into space by a volcanic eruption. Imagine if some Romans had placed statues in natural hot spring vents around Vesuvius. When the volcano erupts/explodes, all these items get shot out into space within milliseconds and eventually fall to Mars.

If there are tunnels on the Moon, then there is a possibility of tunnels on Mars as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Attention

Folks, let's please discuss the topic and not other members! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
S & F, nice picture of the Arizona desert!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You can pan down and clearly see the rover underneath the picture. How did the rover take the picture when there is no pole for the attached camera under the picture - as if the camera was floating in mid air?

This is clearly not possible, so whats the explanation?

I know it's made up up 295 separate images but shouldn't at least a tiny fraction show the camera pole?
edit on 30-3-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

If I'm not mistaken, this panorama was made with photos from two different cameras. Most of the photos are from the Mastcam, while some are from the (I think) Navcam(s).

Both the Mastcam and the Navcams are on the instruments mast, but the mast rotation makes it possible to take photos from a slightly different position, even when using just the mast cameras.

Edited to add that, when the panorama is made, the photos that show the mast were probably replaced by photos of the top of the rover, to avoid showing a "broken" mast.

edit on 30/3/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
If we put water on Mars, will the sky turn blue?

Didnt you learn why the sky was blue at school?

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
I guess the first thing to do is to install a reasonable magnetic field on Mars.

oh is that all? you sure just a reasonable one will do? simple then!!

Right now Mars is getting blasted by endless solar wind.

No more than any other planets really. It just lacks the ability to defend itsself.

They should move Curiosity closer to the Grand Canyon of Mars.

Because every planet has one of those.

How far to the Cydonia Face?

just around the corner past mcdonalds

sure it looks like all mars needs is water...try taking your space suit off when your there...go on i dare ya

edit on 30-3-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
If you tweak the colour temperature and saturation, the sky turns blue on these photo's.

It's almost as if the Mars Rover just sent pics from it's training in the Atacama desert.

From a scientific view, if there was water on mars and a sustainable atmosphere similar to Earth's then yes Mars atmosphere would probably be blue.

spaceinimages.esa.int...

Tweaked from www.wired.com...

Interesting how some of the 'striations' look like the kind of remains of walls archaeologists dream of.

edit on 29-3-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Here they are putting a billion dollar project in a crater canyon to find life a good place too
yet they should put another Rover in the Spot of Cydonia !! now theres a challenge!!!!!!!

Just to Shut up Skeptics and Conspiracy Theorists It will never Happen ( well known.. to the Public )

edit on 30-3-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If we put water on Mars, will the sky turn blue?

No, it will evaporate and be blown away by the solar wind. If Mars was big enough the force of gravity would melt its interior. Due to Mars rotation which is similar to Earth (24 hours), the spin of the molten core would generate a magnetic field and prevent the suns destructive rays from reaching the surface.

Frozen gases in the crust would evaporate and become atmosphere under which water could be trapped as vapor and condense into liquid. If the balance of gasses were similar to earths atmosphere then the sky might appear blue.

The key to generating earth like conditions on Mars would be the addition of mass. Maybe we could select some really big asteroids and dump them on Mars. That should do it.

Whew. did I get that right?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'm not convinced this is the real mars. If you examine the Rover in full zoom, you can see obvious photoshop mistakes, a strange outline and and other similar anomalies.

jra

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gracesillups
I'm not convinced this is the real mars. If you examine the Rover in full zoom, you can see obvious photoshop mistakes, a strange outline and and other similar anomalies.

This is a 360 deg. panorama with hundreds of photos taken on different days and I think they even used photos from more than one camera too. So there are going to be lots of stitching errors.

If stitching errors are a sign of fakery to you, then perhaps you should know that NASA did not assemble this panorama. A photographer named Andrew Bodrov from Estonia assembled it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Hey, that panorama is loaded with obvious artifacts from a long-dead Martian civilization! Oh, and fossils like crazy, too! Fossils and remnants of old machines, because you know how frequently those are found together.

Derrrr of course you don't find old equipment/machines with fossils on earth... We use new equipment in our research.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Here they are putting a billion dollar project in a crater canyon to find life a good place too
yet they should put another Rover in the Spot of Cydonia !! now theres a challenge!!!!!!!

Many pepole have that (wrong) idea about this mission.

Curiosity was designed to assess whether Mars ever had an environment able to support small life forms called microbes. In other words, its mission is to determine the planet's "habitability."

Source

They are not looking for present day life, they are looking at habitability in general.

Just to Shut up Skeptics and Conspiracy Theorists It will never Happen ( well known.. to the Public )

I don't think it will happen either (at least in the next years), not because of that area having some signs of past or present life, just because it doesn't look like a better place to get useful data when compared with all other places.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
These pics boggle my mind.. i could sit for hours looking at this bland barren landscape, just because it is mars..i so want to see a manned mission in my lifetime! i can't believe more people arent fascinated by this.. i've tried in vain to get my mrs to look at the pics and get excited... she wasn't interested lol
edit on 31-3-2013 by theblain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

That looks sooo fake and CG its not even funny, It looked so fake I had to comment on it..I've seen similar work done in Video game engines..

People are so gullible these days...

ps No one here can prove that any picture from mars is actually from mars or a place here on earth or one someone created in a computer...and because that is true we are all left to speculate what is true or fake, but based off my experience I am sure this and all others are "fake".

ps No one here can prove that any picture from mars is actually from mars or a place here on earth or one someone created in a computer...
edit on 31-3-2013 by HumanitiesLastHope because: bcuz

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join