It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Threat Level Red’ Declared? Preparedness Pro – Air Force Reserve Base In Portland On Stand-by

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just found this article concerning North Korea preparations against the U.S. While folks on the forums have already begun discussions on the topic, I think this brief article is much more poignant.

Here is the link: ______beforeitsnews/survival/2013/03/threat-level-red-declared-preparedness-pro-air-force-reserve-base-in-portland-on-stand-by-2467606.html

"According to Preparedness Pro via a post on Facebook, the United States Military has gone to 'threat level red'. After this original post was made approx. 5 hours ago (approx. 1:30 pm eastern time on Thursday March 28th, 2013), confirmation HAS BEEN received from 6 different sources as outlined in comments further down in the post. What are they preparing for? North Korea has declared war upon the United States and South Korea; the Pentagon has deployed B-2 Stealth Nuclear bombers to South Korea. One could quite easily say that WW3 is now upon the horizon. Let's all pray that cooler heads prevail. The original Facebook post is here:"

______beforeitsnews/survival/2013/03/threat-level-red-declared-preparedness-pro-air-force-reserve-base-in-portland-on-stand-by-2467606.html[editb y]edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I believe your post to be breif and non-informative....

You are the weakest link~

Goodbye~

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Goodbye~

United States Military confirmation is non-informative? Ok,
Air Force Reserve air base in Portland, OR on stand-by not informative? Ok,

edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So they link back to their own news articles, then use a prepper website as a legit source?

beforeitsnews is pretty sketchy, do they have any other sources besides facebook and their own articles?

edit: after doing a keyword search, it seems that beforeitsnews and facebook are the only sources.. oh and GLP..

FAQ

What is Before It's News?

Your first experience with Before It's News was probably viewing a story someone had contributed, or you found our Front Page. We are a news utility -- an internet platform that enables the hosting and distribution of any kind of news, worldwide. With Before It's News, you don't need a web site, blog, or anything, just get a free account and post your story. It will get out through all the major search engines.

Can anyone post a story at Before It's News?

Yes. You'll need an account and a good story, that's all -- it's completely free to post (except for promotional stories, which have a modest fee for posting).

______beforeitsnews/faq/
edit on 3/29/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What are these people thinking?
threatening to engage with the most potent fighting force the world has ever seen ,the USA and NATO...it's just plain stupid and suicidal
edit on 29-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well if we know one thing...

America takes no crap, from no one and will use lethal force asap. North Korea should have every right to do the same however, its the first punch that gets thrown that will get recorded in the history books - if there are any history books 'after'.

North Korea go sit in time out and stop antagonizing America, America dont let NK provoke you into something which might end badly for everyone.

I bet the doomsday preppers are already underground watching tv and slipping coffee from their "I told you so" mugs.

If anyone lets WIII kick off after the last two, only now with faster, bigger more evil weapons.... they are beyond saving already

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Just found another article with more information on the conflict at this link:
______beforeitsnews/war-and-conflict/2013/03/north-korea-declares-war-on-the-us-and-south-korea-2445690.html
edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the report OP. As someone so...HARSHLY noted..BIN reports aren't anything to get in a tizzy over. However, it's hardly the only report in recent days of it's kind and some HAVE come from people who are serving. Some of us have heard things directly from current servicemen and it's not a good time right now, no doubt.

Your report is one more piece of the puzzle. Maybe it fits? Maybe it doesn't...but I'd rather have it all to see and consider than get things left out of reporting by self censoring. Thanks for bringing it to us!

S&F (already given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The content of the BIN article is absolutely not true. If it was, I (along with everone else in my office) would have been aware of this in a matter of minutes, followed by CNN blaring it out there shortly after. The work that I do for the USN and USMC does not give me direct contact with members of the USAF on a daily basis, but this claim goes far beyond just that branch. Those aware of what it takes to get to this point and what happens when this point is reached are pissing themselves laughing about the article at this point.

That being said ... are there preparations going on for a potential conflict with North Korea? No doubt about it. I'd be worried if we didnt already have a plan for about every scenario under the sun.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
The content of the BIN article is absolutely not true. If it was, I (along with everone else in my office) would have been aware of this in a matter of minutes, followed by CNN blaring it out there shortly after. The work that I do for the USN and USMC does not give me direct contact with members of the USAF on a daily basis, but this claim goes far beyond just that branch. Those aware of what it takes to get to this point and what happens when this point is reached are pissing themselves laughing about the article at this point.

That being said ... are there preparations going on for a potential conflict with North Korea? No doubt about it. I'd be worried if we didnt already have a plan for about every scenario under the sun.

I found the article over at SteveQuayle's website, and although people don't like him very much, he seems to have interesting contacts; I also just found this article coming from the UK The Telegraph, and in this article it shows pictures and things about where NK plans to attack? This is an article from today 3/29;
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I can tell you as of THIS moment.. as in right now.. as in from an AF base with ACFP and mobility command.. no heightened levels of crap other than people waiting to get off work. ITS FRIDAY!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

You wont last long on ATS with your crappy attitude. We here respect each other even when we disagree. I say you owe this OP an apology.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by sulaw

You wont last long on ATS with your crappy attitude. We here respect each other even when we disagree. I say you owe this OP an apology.

Thanks mate, Appreciate that...!
edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: edit

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
beforeitsnews is 25% reliable 25% of the time.

For the math wiz thats 6.25% reliable. lol

edit on 29-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Goodbye~

Right back at ya....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Maybe the situation will not get out of control.. here "Russia warns against military activity near North Korea," and this is an article out of IndiaTimes from today 3/29 timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I must admit though... Even totally bunk stories into the media at a time like this, on a topic like this are worth considering in their own right and perhaps only in THAT perspective ..yet, someone put the info out there and for some reason. All pieces to the puzzle (if it's not some teenage troll inventing stories to feed BIN anyway). I figure it's all part of the picture though, when truth is the first thing to die. If it's not dead yet? The poor thing is on life support and fading fast.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I did a Google search and the only places I found this announcement were at BIN and at GLP, neither of which are known for accuracy or trustworthiness. I wouldn't put much stock into it at all, but if you discover a more reputable source that is in agreement I will take another look.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Sounds good..in the meantime found this information coming out today 3/29, and it reads with the following title: North Korea puts rockets on stand-by to attack US targets.."

Seems as though the B-2 bombers have been considered an "ultimatum" by the North Koreans, and so they are responding accordingly; I don't know, I'm just trying to do some of the research here, and it's true that some of these press websites are somewhat dubious. In any case, here is the link for that article:

North Korea puts rockets on stand-by to attack US targets
www.bellenews.com...

edit on 29-3-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Since there's no such thing as "Threat Level Red" for the Military, I'm not buying it.

Closest thing to "Threat Level Red" would be DEFCON 2 and we haven't been there since 1962.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join