It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip hop fans prepare to have your mind's blown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am not impressed... Also most of the stuff and heads people mention in here are still mainstream hiphop. (I dont consider wayne and drake as even hiphop they are pop-rap)

Hiphop never died nor did it drop in some frequency its just people dont know where to look, its always been in the underground and in the streets low key dropping knowledge and about the controversial things and was never intended to be for everyone. Most of the "hiphop" acts named in this thread are mainstream hiphop with standard mainstream beats and lyrics that are better suited for the masses but nothing diving into the deep end which is what the underground has maintained and holds down to this day.

Even though Vinnie Paz has gone mainstream and dumbed down his albums the first Jedi Mind Tricks album "The Pyscho-Social Chemical Biological Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness" back when he was called "Ikon The Verbal Hologram" is still a monolith of underground hiphop and lyricism and it was way ahead of its time back in 1997. So much so that he had to dumb it down since nobody knew WTF he was talking about
. It was all based on a legendary underground conspiracy book by the same name with the Title "THE MATRIX" Part 3

The Undergrounds always been about conspiracy, spirituality, mysticism, and knowledge both street and occult.

In case you guys want to look for that super conspiracy book (one of the best ive ever read and the hardest to find but it is floating around on the web in PDF form.

Amazon Book Link - The Matrix III - Psycho Social Chemical Biological Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness

Jedi Mind Tricks - Omnicron

The Lost Children Of Babylon - "Stargate"

The Masta Buildas - "Reptilian Body Snatchas"

ATMA - "Eternal Boundlessness"

Apakalypse - "God Motive"

Son Of Saturn - "Wisdom of the Ages" (With an Elvis Sample haha)

TruthSeekah - "Disciples of the Mysterium"

I can go on and on, the underground has always held it down for real hiphop and always will, Hiphop was always about sitting around with some pals chopping it up and kicking some knowledge and if you had buddies who were MC's then kick some raps if you painted you painted if you made beats you rocked em it was just you and your friends bringing some positive knowledge to those around you and it didnt matter if the world digged it, or if landed on the radio or not. people just look in all the wrong places. Its like the old saying seek and you shall find. Thats my 2cents at least so take it as that.

Check my underground hiphop threads on ATS for more underground hiphop cats still doing the thing with little money and support just love for the tunes and for their brothers and sisters.

Please be patient the threads have tons of videos so it might take a second to load, dont recommend it if you have a super slow computer. Also some videos have been taken down since i last checked the thread so i might update it and make a 4th thread now with new tracks for the underground heads out there.

Thread 3

Thread 2

Thread 1

edit on 31-3-2013 by unfor54k3n because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by unfor54k3n because: links

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unfor54k3n

Thank you so much for sharing those.

Really appreciate it

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by unfor54k3n

Thank you so much for sharing those.

Really appreciate it

no problem glad you digged it, theres plenty out there. Ive been a huge underground hiphop head for most of my life grew up around it. Its not just a type of music, its a life style i always say.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
one of my favourites

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join