It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea and the United States: Will the Real Aggressor Please Stand Down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There are several threads in the recent posts today highlighting the tensions between the U.S. and North Korea.

What is most disturbing about this is the majority of responses seem to have forgotten the past or the ongoing wars in the middle east, and the trillions upon trillions of dollars it has cost, let alone the hundreds and thousands of civilian lives that were lost. War is not a game, nor is it civil in any manner, and to advocate to do such is inhumane. Is war needed sometimes yes, but acts of aggression violate international law under UN Charter, Article 51.

Anyways, here is an interesting article to read to gain some insight into the past concerning the U.S. and Korea in general. Hope it sheds some light for those who root for war.

Source

US political leaders and media pundits trumpet North Korea’s recent testing of missiles and nuclear weapons as a great threat. But the US mass media do not tell the whole story. Without the context of history and current events, the actions of North Korea look insane, but when put in context we find that the United States is pushing North Korea on this path. North Korea is really not a significant threat compared to what the United States is doing with nuclear weapons, the Asia Pivot and war games off the Korean coast. In this article, we seek greater understanding by putting ourselves in the place of North Korea.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When the media shows it ... It shows North Korea is the current and only naughty boy!

But what goes on behind closed doors is a different matter. America has for long pushed everyone around and I guess other Countries are kinda getting sick of the constant wars everywhere and America's Government being behind 99.9% of them.

If a War breaks out, it'll be like always ... The normal people (You & Me) will be affected, not the big boys who start it for their own selfish gains!
edit on 29/3/13 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I read the article you posted.

The US government and military are such nice and respectful people arent they?

They could never be tyrants

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, we're tracking the social media aspect of the North Korea conflict with tweets per minute graphing and the latest tweets. Visit www.earthtrace.com... for the feed.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
North Korea violated UN law multiple times with their nuclear tests. It's not just the US pushing sanctions. It's a lot of countries. NK is the ones who started this one-participant flame war, all the US did was agree to the sanctions. Besides, the Middle East has nothing to do with this, NK is just getting a little big for its britches is all.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here is a copy of my post to another NK thread. I t seems to fit here as well.

Here's a thought. Who knows how much influence the CIA has had on Kim Jung Un?
What if, bear with my wandering brain here, but, what if his dad was taken out and Un was put in place as an asset by our Secret guys in order to rattle his sabre and make these threats and then one day, BOOM!!!! Mushroom cloud in Austin? In a false flag scenario, the current administration would then just blame NoKo and we'd have no proof that it wasn't. All they would need to do is tell the MSM that it was them and the MSM would parrot it back out to us. Why would we assume anyone would look for proof?
Martial Law would be announced, guns confiscated, constitution burned, obummer would truly be king, NoKo would be obliterated, Haliburton would make another 39 billion dollars on another war, our finest men and women would be sacrificed at the altar of war profits...yada yada yada.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We are witnessing a game of chicken at the moment. The U.S are conducting military excerises in the South, thereby winding up the North. The North have been full of bluster for years and like to throw their toys out of the pram every now and then to remind people that they are still around.

However, the North have been hit by sanctions to such an extent that they literally have nothing. When you have nothing to lose, what consequences are there in a pre-emptive strike?

Things are heating up to such an extent on a global scale that if history is anything to go by, World War is inevitable.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Look, in a perfect world, every nation would get to decide how best to defend their country....but it isn't a perfect world.

The rules are decided by the big boys (the UN Security Council)...and the big boys say, no playing with nuclear sticks.

North Korea has chose to defy that...so be it, there are consequences to it...but previous leaders were good at threatening just enough to get the offer of a cookie, and then got their cookie, and enjoyed it for a bit, before making new threats.

Lil' Kim though, made the threat, was offered the cookie, then threw the cookie on the ground and stuck his tongue out at the big boys... The big boys are flexing their muscles, and Lil' Kim keeps shooting off his mouth. Either he'll apologize, take the cookie, and sulk away, or he'll step towards them and get a bloody nose...his call.

No, NK is no threat to the US, but it certainly is to our allies in the region, and sorry if we stick by that. There is aggression on both sides, to be sure, but that's what happens in a face off.

However, the North have been hit by sanctions to such an extent that they literally have nothing. When you have nothing to lose, what consequences are there in a pre-emptive strike?

They have a LOT to lose...their regime for one...their lives likely along with it. (NK leadership, not the NK people). But, they also lose face if they back down...so their choice. Unless they can find a way to take the cookie and not lose face, but Lil' Kim has gone too far, too fast, so that will be difficult to do now...he left himself no wiggle room.

Here's a thought. Who knows how much influence the CIA has had on Kim Jung Un?
What if, bear with my wandering brain here, but, what if his dad was taken out and Un was put in place as an asset by our Secret guys in order to rattle his sabre and make these threats and then one day, BOOM!!!! Mushroom cloud in Austin? In a false flag scenario, the current administration would then just blame NoKo and we'd have no proof that it wasn't. All they would need to do is tell the MSM that it was them and the MSM would parrot it back out to us. Why would we assume anyone would look for proof?

No way. The CIA sucks at getting high-placed assets in closed societies. The Chinese, on the other hand, excel at it (as they pretty much designed it). If anyone is pulling Un's strings, it's China, not the CIA.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
We are witnessing a game of chicken at the moment. The U.S are conducting military excerises in the South, thereby winding up the North. The North have been full of bluster for years and like to throw their toys out of the pram every now and then to remind people that they are still around.

Things are heating up to such an extent on a global scale that if history is anything to go by, World War is inevitable.

Yep, I think you're right on the money.

NK was a situation that couldn't keep going forever - something had to break eventually. The hope was that once their was a transition of power, the new guy might be more moderate and lead the country in a new direction. That clearly hasn't happened
Or maybe there would be a coup or even a revolution - still possible, but not likely. The worst case scenario is that NK becomes so desperate, and sanctions bite so hard, they're left with nothing to lose. That may be exactly where we're heading right now.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
North Korea violated UN law multiple times with their nuclear tests. It's not just the US pushing sanctions. It's a lot of countries. NK is the ones who started this one-participant flame war, all the US did was agree to the sanctions. Besides, the Middle East has nothing to do with this, NK is just getting a little big for its britches is all.

mwaaaa ..... did for instance israel ever comply to any UN resolution??????

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What is most disturbing about this is the majority of responses seem to have forgotten the past...

The past NEEDS to be forgotten...

Why?

Because ALL of it is a lie.

Everything you "KNOW" is one big illusion.

History is nothing but lies.

Because of this, people have absolutely no idea WHO the real aggressor is or what really causes wars.

Governments don't start wars.

The real reason behind ALL wars is always concealed by lies.

If people KNEW the reasons they would never fight them.

"All war is based on deception." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"Wars are all based on lies, could not be fought without lies" — Charles M. Young.

“Most wars are engineered by the Illuminati to weaken civilization and create a global police state" The Illuminati want to own and control everyone. They want to be God. They contrived all the revolutions, the world wars, the Cold War, Korea, Vietnam, the JFK assassination, 9-11, Iraq and Afghanistan and the "war on terror."

Does A Satanic Cult Rule The World?

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
When the media shows it ... It shows North Korea is the current and only naughty boy!

But what goes on behind closed doors is a different matter. America has for long pushed everyone around and I guess other Countries are kinda getting sick of the constant wars everywhere and America's Government being behind 99.9% of them.

If a War breaks out, it'll be like always ... The normal people (You & Me) will be affected, not the big boys who start it for their own selfish gains!
edit on 29/3/13 by faryjay because: (no reason given)
well said i completely agree

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

Originally posted by CrisMajor

mwaaaa ..... did for instance israel ever comply to any UN resolution??????

How does Israel relate in ANY way, shape or form to North Korea? DIfferent sides of the planet, different regions of people and radically different issues as well as culture. Not even the supporting issues and background factors have a passing resemblance.

I know it's really tempting to blame the United States for absolutely every negative thing that happens in the world. When the way to blame isn't obvious, there is always the old fall back of "well, it's secret..that's why you don't see why the US is to blame".

North Korea was a problem and started a war which formed the foundation for over 60 years of tensions and issues. The US didn't do that. North Korea built their nuclear weapons, as they've tested them and proven beyond doubt now. The US DEFINITELY didn't do THAT. North Korea ....NOT the US...tore up the armistice agreement that stood for generations. Again, The ROK and US didn't do that.

The US has done plenty of bad bad stuff around the world. More than anyone here has even talked about publicly, in fact. So much more....but I digress because THIS problem is one that is NOT the US's making unless failed and pathetic attempts at appeasement for years are the blame we're to take. That part? Yeah..... The US may have made things worse by playing footsie with aid and giving into the threats so many times before.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

so in short.....
every country that is NOT direct ore indirect under control of the USA .is seen as an terror state ..
and has to be sancted to tear it douwn.........

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Look, in a perfect world, every nation would get to decide how best to defend their country....but it isn't a perfect world. The rules are decided by the big boys (the UN Security Council)...and the big boys say, no playing with nuclear sticks. North Korea has chose to defy that...so be it

Yea, so we should just gloss over the fact that America - The only Nation to NUKE another country, has been the puppet set in place to police the rest of the worlds nuclear capabilities.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

War is not a game

To an entire generation brought on Call Of Duty, Battlefield, etc games, yes, it is a game. A big LARP to those hardcore gamers who want to take the action to the next level.

Until they get shot. Or see a buddy get shot. Then all of a sudden it becomes very real.

Unless they just get to sit in a booth with an Xbox controller all day and kill (in their minds) NPCs with drones. Then its still all just a game.

edit on 3/29/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think that we need to take things one day at a time and not make any rash decisions (like sending bombers over there for a flight exercize though then again, the North DID kind of send missile tests over our land too... ) . I personally think that Un is nothing but talk but we will see what happens I suppose. I guess the only sour side of this is war actually benefits my family and the local community here job-wise... The biggest business in the area is an army depot and whenever war rages, that place obviously gathers a lot of business. Because of cuts in the federal government recently, a lot of jobs were lost and salaries were cut back which made it hard on the families and it has messed with the local economy as well.

I don't know, I'm on the fence. I think the only real time to strike in any fashion is only if Un puts up or shuts up because I'm honestly getting sick of the word game. The verbal threats. He's like a little chihuahua, you never hear it shut up and it thinks it's the big dog in the ring.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's easy to identify the hardline propagandists -- They use language describing other world leaders as "children" and other decade-old zingers.

You're really not fooling anyone. We all know what's really going on. We don't like Kim Jon-un either, but we're also realists -- We know who the real tyrants are. We know everything before you even start your petty game.

You battle your own integrity, and nothing more. Really the only thing you have left to preserve in this world.

Welcome to the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Israel gets to play with the 'nuclear' stick'and doesn't have to deal with the security counsel and have sanctions placed on it
seems there isnt a one size fits all when it comes to the UN/US targetting.
edit on 29-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

We can tell who's bomb is who's by the radation signature. If something like what you have outlined happened, we would know that it wasn't a North Korean weapon.

Some independant 3rd party would take a sample and compare it's radiation profile...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join