It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me your favorite down and dirty Blues/Rock song

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of Paul Rodgers, especially when he was in The Law.
Not sure if these fit what you're looking for...a bit more on the rock side, but take a listen.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This live version of Red House (a song already posted earlier in the topic) is one of my favorite performances of all time. This is considered by many to be one of Jimi's worst filmed and distributed gigs. Technical issues galore abounded, and he wasn't at all happy with the sound he was getting. But in this performance, you can see him sort of saying, "Screw it," and just surrendering to it. Once resigned to it, he really lets loose and delivers an amazing virtuoso performance coupled with the raw, imperfect sound he struggled with all night. It results in a really powerful piece of blues in my opinion.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

Check out the song Full Grown, by the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Im a huge Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa fan this song is ( Soulwrenching ) with wonderful guitar and vocals..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Radar Love by Golden Earring or Yer Blues by the Beatles. Want something new, check out just about anything by The Black Keys.

I'll leave it as an exercise to go to YouTube yourself and search for a video clip yourself.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Down in Mexico by The Coaster. More specifically, the scene in DeathProof that featured it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My second would be Midnight in Montgomery, by Alan Jackson. Technically its a country tune, but it has a strong dark blues feel. Always gives me chills. It would be perfect on those long dark roads
edit on 31-3-2013 by LucidFusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
lilac mist www.youtube.com... nostalgia, not the blues ... With girl I say goodbye forever

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Humble Pie's "30 days in the hole" is what comes to mind when I think of rock-and-roll...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Running Down A Dream.............Tom Petty

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by downwind

Steve marriot good choice. Also some page beck and clapton in there. Another good blusey number i enjoy is long cold winter by cinderella.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Montrose - Rock Candy, as requested...... Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
SRV Cold Shot...Oh Yeah ! Doesn't get much better. Love the riff.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nobody has mentioned Clutch

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think this thread could use just a bit more ZZ Top.

And this little one hit wonder gem from The Rockets.

This Mountain is a pretty new band that is definitely worth a listen. Kind of a Folk-Blues-Bluegrass sound. The Desert is a great one to start with.

I'll end with Audra Mae and The Almighty Sound. A great new female blues artist who hopefully gets more attention.

edit on 31-3-2013 by evictiongnostic because: youtube clips didn't work

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Stevie Ray Vaughan-Pride And Joy - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0MF8pwktg

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why not try ARS. Atlanta Rythym Section .........." I hate the blues/lets get stoned" It's been one my favs for years. I hate the blues tempo non-blues lets's get stoned....classic blues structure. One song blends into the next. Hope you like it. Also some serious guitar work with these guys.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

The Original Version of "Oh Well" by Fleetwood Mac is so much better.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join