It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler mauled by 7 Pit Bulls

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Pit bulls aren't kept to be warm and fuzzy; if the family wanted that they would get a bunch of labradors. Pits are savage. Once 2 got loose in my neighborhood and started chewing at doors and windows of several houses to get at the other dogs inside; those were devil dogs. Another time one broke it's leash pulling so hard away from its owner, to attack a little dog I had. They are bred, sold, and bought for their savage image and behavior, as defense dogs and junkyard dogs. The family that began believing they are family dogs is, well, a family without a toddler now.

Why did they have 7 dogs to begin with? Were they breeding them?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

you bring your pitbull on my property and its dead...no remorse, don't care, it's dead

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by _R4t_

you bring your pitbull on my property and its dead...no remorse, don't care, it's dead

You sir are a perfect example of a MSM controlled sheep that fails to properly educate himself before running is clapper. I applaud your predefined opinions voided of factual data and display of lack of intelligence... My dog's more civilized than you apparently because if it has to attack it will without discrimination...

I find it funny that a guy calls a dog a vicious animal/devil dog/killer when he brags he will without thinking kill the animal... When the animal actually shows signs and reasons prior to attacking... Its awesome to see we still live in a society where some individuals have apparently lower IQ and temperament than the dogs they discriminate...

For you... www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-3-2013 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by _R4t_

Sir with that type of attitude you will get either yourself or your loved ones in deep water.

What R4t says sums it up perfectly

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

No,he won't. I agree with him. I see a pit bull anywhere on MY property it's dead.

Not because I fear it.But because I have a 5 year old child living here.

And a strange dog,let alone a Pit Bull,is the last thing she needs to enounter.

Sorry bud,but my daughters life is more important then your pit bull.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothernut
I have owned 2 pitbulls.The male I had for 12 years. He bit one person and that person deserved it. He was around children all the time

Typical pit bull owner.In one breath they're saying the person they bit deserved it but in the next it's how they're so gentle with kids!!! Really? Do you people even listen to what you say? Or on here read what you type? Good lord.

ETA : This was taken from a few articles I've read.It's the absolute truth,wake up pit bull lovers.Read and re-read the last part.Says a lot about who you are.

"Fans of pit bulls are quick to assert that a dog's propensity for attack depends in large part on its owner and how it is raised, and there's considerable evidence that owners of pit bulls and other high-risk dogs are themselves high-risk people."
edit on 30-3-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

www.youtube.com...
perhaps this is the kind of deserving of being bit that that the other member was referring too? or perhaps this one for another case of a legitimate biting of a human "who had it coming" or deserved it
www.youtube.com...

www.examiner.com...
posttrib.suntimes.com...
newyork.cbslocal.com...
www.examiner.com...

The dog, a Pit bull mix named Cash, sprang into action that evening when a man approached his guardian - grabbing her and trying to spin her around. Arlee Ice told Fox8 news that her dog had never bitten anyone before - but he instinctively knew that this man was dangerous. According to Ice, Cash immediately started biting the attacker, who fell to the ground and then ran away. Ice and her dog escaped injury.

www.examiner.com...

Boomer, a Pit bull, saved this woman's life - he took it upon himself to escape his own fenced yard to rush to this stranger's side and fend off the vicious attack by the other two dogs. The two dogs who were responsible for the attack appear to be owned by an irresponsible owner - one who, at the very least, does not keep her dogs contained.
a perfect example of how owners make our break their dogs

bslnews.org...

Maya protected Angela from a violent attacker, saving Angela’s life, and later when DNA tests were done on a drop of blood left above Maya’s right eye, police were able to identify and arrest Angela’s assailant. Way to go Maya!
so yeah they do good as well as bad,and yes some people do deserve to be bitten its one of the reasons people keep dogs for protection and companionship kinda how the man dog relationship started,they get the scraps we sleep well at night

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Be real. I could show you 600000 vids of dogs who do the same but don't make a habit out of being vicious.

Barking up the wrong tree dude.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
As an owner of this breed for some time this is what I have gathered

1. Inbred dogs will be goofy (aggressive, disobedient, ill)
These dogs are inbred by dumb people quiet often. Their are also people who breed their animals in a more correct fashion.
2. In my experience, I repeat, in my experience these dogs are aggressive more towards animals than people. (I was nipped once because I was irritating the dog because I was a rebellious kid. Thankfully no major damage) they can get along with other animals if around them a lot, however it is an animal.
3. They are not an easy dog to train. Most people don't consider this when buying a dog, the trainability of the dog.
4. These dogs need exercise, exercise, exercise. Tons of energy these dogs need lots of attention, play time, and walks. Usually I have two from the same litter so they can wear each other out wrestling all day instead of killing my arms and legs with endless tug of war, catch, jogs, laser fun and wrestling.
5. Dogs have different personalities. You might end up with an alpha male or female and will be harder to train or keep with other animals. Not just as puppies but their whole lives.

My parents bought a runt, named shorty, around the time I was born and he was my best friend growing up living to a ripe age of 13. Needless to say my view of them is biased, however I've had other breeds of dog and this is my favorite. I've had pits, Dalmatian, German Shepard, mutts, and currently my parents have a chow chow. I'm not to fond of the chow. He doesn't like to play at all, he likes to guard the house, his bones, and go for walks. Very pretty dog, acts like a cat humorously, but not my type of dog personally.

These dogs do get a bad rap but look who owns them, drug dealers and people who want to look badass. However you do get bad apples from litters. It takes a lot of dedication to raise these dogs but the love you receive is unexplainable.
My grandmother was going into sugar shock, she cannot walk so she is bound in her chair in the living room, and was trying to make noise to get my grandfather to hear her. Our dog shorty barked his head off at my stubborn old pap luring him downstairs. If it wasn't for our dog my grandmother wouldn't be with me today.

Everyone has their own opinion on this breed, and I doubt I can change your mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

that was not the point and you know it you dodged around the issue,you had said there was never a time for a person to deserve to be bitten and i showed you examples of conditions when biting was warranted ,im not denying that pit bulls have attacked people in the past but they are far from the only dog that kills/bites people

owners and training and to a lesser extent breeding make or break any dog.

if people are gonna get energy intensive breeds they should know what they are getting into and plan accordingly
edit on 30-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Happens all the time, no big deal

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Be real. I could show you 600000 vids of dogs who do the same but don't make a habit out of being vicious.

Yeah and I'm sure you can show us videos of pitbulls with locking jaws, 1600psi bites and oh yeah the good old one about brain swelling making them go insane...

Go talk to a vet or a dog behaviorist and tell them this crap they'll probably bitch slap you out of their offices and will laugh in your face... Give it a try I challenge you go talk to ANY vets or dog behaviorist on how pitbulls are insane, vicious dogs that only wait to turn on anything that moves... I challenge you...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Sergeant Stubby (1916 or 1917 – April 4, 1926), was the most decorated war dog of World War I and the only dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat. America's first war dog, Stubby, served 18 months 'over there' and participated in seventeen battles on the Western Front. He saved his regiment from surprise mustard gas attacks, found and comforted the wounded, and even once caught a German spy by the seat of his pants. Back home his exploits were front page news of every major newspaper.

Guess what breed this fellow was...

Until the 60's they were pretty much the most sought for dogs because they were brave and tuff... You know thats when people still saw dogs as dogs and didn't try to treat them like family members then turn around wondering whats wrong with the dog because it attacked... Very different times... people still could use judgement... Now they are just stupidly judgemental...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

reply to post by _R4t_

Sir with that type of attitude you will get either yourself or your loved ones in deep water.

What R4t says sums it up perfectly

rubbish, if you can't control your pit bull, and it wanders onto his property, he is perfectly right to execute it

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I had not heard of this until I read about it here on ATS, and I cried.
Very sad, no matter the breed.
As the grandparent of a 3 1/2 year old, all I can say is this is simply a terrible tragedy.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

The parents should be euthanized for leaving a child less than 2 years old around 7 pitbulls.

But of course it's the animal's fault for following their instincts, not the human's for being an idiot.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Yeah and I'm sure you can show us videos of pitbulls with locking jaws, 1600psi bites and oh yeah the good old one about brain swelling making them go insane...

Go talk to a vet or a dog behaviorist and tell them this crap they'll probably bitch slap you out of their offices and will laugh in your face... Give it a try I challenge you go talk to ANY vets or dog behaviorist on how pitbulls are insane, vicious dogs that only wait to turn on anything that moves... I challenge you...

If you own an animal it's your responsibility to control it. You know the risks of owning and being around it.

Can't handle it? Don't get the animal.

This is exactly the same as someone getting killed by a gun because of it's owner's negligence. Don't look for an excuse when something you own harms someone. When you leave a loaded gun with it's safety off within a toddler's reach, any ensuing accident is your (the owner's) fault.

I understand that it's really sad that this child died, it's a tragedy, and it's horrific... But blaming the animal for being an animal is just finding a scapegoat. This kid died this awful death because of his parents' negligence. Not because pitbulls are evil.

I know, I'm a terrible person for saying it! But sometimes you have to swallow your pride and face facts, not try to make the world a prettier place than it really is.
edit on 30-3-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I posted a reply on another ATS thread about 30 days about regarding pitbulls. Went to our local (very large) humane society to look for a dog. Half the dogs were pitbulls! I was blown away! I don't care about the few that owners claim are sweet. The breed in general is vicious and while I'm a dog lover, I HATE pitbulls!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
I posted a reply on another ATS thread about 30 days about regarding pitbulls. Went to our local (very large) humane society to look for a dog. Half the dogs were pitbulls! I was blown away! I don't care about the few that owners claim are sweet. The breed in general is vicious and while I'm a dog lover, I HATE pitbulls!!!

....The pit bulls are there because people don't trust them, not because they belong there.

Try to think a thought, just once. Please?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If you dont see that hating a living thing just because it is a particular living thing is sick regardless of the living thing then I cant help you.

Don't kill that cockroach infestation then.

Which would the roaches be? The black dogs or the black people?

UGGGH (HUGE FACPALM) what ur hardon with the racecard

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join