Toddler mauled by 7 Pit Bulls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thing is many (not all before you rip me a new one) pitbull owners get them because they are fighting dogs, we have all seen the type of guy walking one around like it is some type of weapon and they have taught it to growl on command etc to scare people.
I barred a guy from my pub and he brought his pit bull back after 30 mins and I had to get the baseball bat out and call the cops, he kept on saying I will set it on you while holding its lead and it is going nuts, my barmaid rang the police and I grabbed my bat and just said I will get one swing in and kill it then the second is for you...a standoff happened for a few mins and when he heard the sirens he ran off.
He got caught because someone knew where he lived and the dog was taken from him and destroyed.
edit on 29-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: blooming keyboard and the L button lo

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by abeverage

and lets the 7 yr old put makeup on him and paint his nails.. supervised.

Uh...can I ask what kind of polish? I hope something non-toxic! As you may or may not like and bite your fingers I am pretty sure all dogs are always licking and biting their paws.

I suppose you dont know they make nail polish FOR canines and felines?? You are one poster that overuses the eye rolling smiley... ad nauseum. Dont let your eyes roll out of your head with your arrogance... that would be tragic. I find that when one tries to talk down to people they dont know and dont know what theyre involved in.. they tend to make themselves look like an ass.

This is where we order it.
www.poochieheaven.com...

I really use the Eyeroll a lot? I only used it once in this entire thread feel free to check and prove me wrong. So ad nauseam might be an over statement or a ploy to pull me into an off-topic rant. Actually rarely use it as much as you use
but we can digress if you like?

Having a friend who's a vet assured me this is not a safe practice because they often have cuts or abrasions on their pads. When my girls asked to paint our dogs nails. I asked and found there was a non-toxic polish. I am sorry if I think painting a dog's nails makes my eyes roll as there are people stupid enough out there not to use Non-toxic paint.

And although I placed a silly emoticon I did not resort to name calling.
edit on 29-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks. Again, these animals are bred and trained to be fighting weapons. They are not the only dogs that have fighting bloodlines but they are the most prominent. We need to educate our own people on how to handle them. Until that happens, the attacks and deaths will continue to skyrocket.

I see owners walking around some neighborhood with 2-3 pit bulls or rotts and they use it as intimidation, sometimes dressing the animals up with spiked collars, etc. They use fear and intimidation instead of using these dogs in a different way. It is just as sad situation.

edit on 29-3-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Nail polish for dogs
I bet clothes will be next
I always feel sorry for dogs with clothes on etc you can just imagine what the other dogs are saying to it..."So your owner has put a dress on you Rex?" Rex sighs and replies "Yup anything for a tummy rub" and goes red with shame

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I did look at the numbers you posted, but I could post a chart that says the oppisate from a reliable source too, the bread with the highest stetistic is the golden retriever that bites more than any other dog, IMO you have already decided what you want to believe, your entitled to that, but its false information. people will always believe what they want and if people cant have an open mind for the facts instead of taking what someone printed on a fictition story telling paper, then there is no point in even trying to show you the facts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Jaellma

I dont have to mainly because those numbers are meaningless.

In 2009, the incarceration
rate (number per 100,000 population) among African-American males was almost 7
times higher than that among white males (4,749 African-American v. 708 white), and the rate among Hispanic
males was more than 2.5 times higher (1,822 Hispanic) than that among white males.
Prison populations

Oh look. Black people must be inherinitly more violent than white people.

See how ridiculous, and racist, it is?

I get it. Simple minds love to hate. Hating on black people fell out of vogue. Hating the black dog is the next logical place to focus this insane and irrational fear.
edit on 29-3-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)
ahhh the race card , that never gets old

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

Apparently not. It's the same card being thrown down as cause to demonize the breed.

Seems only appropriate to toss the same card to illustrate the stupidity of it.

They're born evil!!

Dont look now. I think they're coming to take our freedoms and kill our children!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob

I did look at the numbers you posted, but I could post a chart that says the oppisate from a reliable source too, the bread with the highest stetistic is the golden retriever that bites more than any other dog, IMO you have already decided what you want to believe, your entitled to that, but its false information. people will always believe what they want and if people cant have an open mind for the facts instead of taking what someone printed on a fictition story telling paper, then there is no point in even trying to show you the facts.

Can you please refer to reliable valid statistics showing me the contrary? Please show me what the most violent dog is and the one that creates the most fatalities other than a Pit Bull. My mind is made up to never own one due to personal experience bias.

But on siding on whether we need to restrict the breeding of this Animal or stop breeding it I am going on the facts! That or I may resort to Eyerolling! lol

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They're born evil!!

No they aren't. They just have a predisposition to "lose it" and the ability to do major damage.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

They're born evil!!

No they aren't. They just have a predisposition to "lose it" and the ability to do major damage.

Who? The ones that are "bred that way" or the ones that are "bred that way?"

If you dont see that hating a living thing just because it is a particular living thing is sick regardless of the living thing then I cant help you.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Nail polish for dogs
I bet clothes will be next
I always feel sorry for dogs with clothes on etc you can just imagine what the other dogs are saying to it..."So your owner has put a dress on you Rex?" Rex sighs and replies "Yup anything for a tummy rub" and goes red with shame

Ahem... I have a coat, booties, and little PJs for my Hairless Crested. Clothes?? How about a wardrobe.
OOPS! There's that dastardly laughing emoticon again!!

You were talking about the same thing I did earlier.. people getting bull breeds for toughness and etc. You bet. Docking the ears and tail are for ONE thing most times.. to look tough and for fighting. Putting on spiked collars and etc are for ONE thing.. to make the animal look intimidating and your toughness accessory. I just retired from the prosecutors office, when these drug houses were raided and dogs were found.. for protection or fighting.. they were used as weapons. These guys would backyard breed and produce these very aggressive dogs and name them these "tough" names... and they have 99% of the time been euthanized. There was no real choice but to do that. Also, there are few ways to prevent it. The law is on the side of the bad dog owner unless the dog actually attacks someone or another dog. Where we live now, intimidation with the animal isnt enough to get anything done. A retired Lt runs the shelter here, the husband and he are best friends.. and I got a ringside seat concerning what humans do with these dogs. Its absolutely sickening.
You were right to do what you did in your pub... pit or not. Sounds like that moron doesnt need an animal of ANY kind.

On that note.. I have to go get the little rain boots and put em on the naked dog.. he has to potty.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If you dont see that hating a living thing just because it is a particular living thing is sick regardless of the living thing then I cant help you.

Don't kill that cockroach infestation then.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

People that surgically alter their pets just to achieve a certain look are one of my pet peeves (forgive the pun). If you don't like an animal the way they are you should choose an animal that is more to your liking- not put an animal through the pain of an unnecessary medical procedure.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Don't kill that cockroach infestation then.

Which would the roaches be? The black dogs or the black people?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Advantage

People that surgically alter their pets just to achieve a certain look are one of my pet peeves (forgive the pun). If you don't like an animal the way they are you should choose an animal that is more to your liking- not put an animal through the pain of an unnecessary medical procedure.

|But you did it to your kitty bunnys
edit on 29-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

But you did it to your kitty bunnys

I got them that way.
Those are rescue "cabbits"!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Do you know how annoying intentional obtuseness is? In other words I just blew your argument out of the water and this is a trifling back-peddle with nothing of value in any context of the topic.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Do you know how annoying intentional obtuseness is? In other words I just blew your argument out of the water and this is a trifling back-peddle with nothing of value in any context of the topic.

Yeah, well most roaches are red-brown, not black. Im certain you are talking about me.. and Im highly offended!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Alright. So let's roll it back.

Prove this:

They just have a predisposition to "lose it" and the ability to do major damage.

Because according to everything but the media, politicians and lawyers, you know people like veterinarians and the ASPCA and animal behaviorists, it's simply not true.

In the 70's German Shepherds had the "predisposition to lose it" then in the 80's it was the Dobermans.

Now in the short span of a decade or two another species has the trait? I'm not Darwin or anything but I doubt several species can change so dramatically in three decades time as to shuffle the "lose it" hierarchy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ahem... I have a coat, booties, and little PJs for my Hairless Crested. Clothes?? How about a wardrobe.
OOPS! There's that dastardly laughing emoticon again!!

I can't really fight this one myself as the girls dress up our dog all the time...
(just for you)

I apologize if I sounded condescending, I can do that. And I want to be clear to you and anyone owning a Pit I do not want them put down. Where I am from they used to do illegal dog fighting (they still might I don't know) and these dogs were the champions! They were bred to be fighters and unfortunately all of them have that in them! It was horrible and sickening and although this and coupled with my own experiences guide my perceptions I see this breed as needing to have that fighting bred out.

Is that so wrong? We bred them into this behavior why not bred them out of it? Make the sickening Dog fighting a thing of the past!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join