It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Photo Reveals 'U.S. Mainland Strike Plan"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zachsfunk49
It has been around 23 to 24 hours since the last ridiculous rhetoric has been announced from NKorea. They have been ominously quiet today. Maybe they finally gave up?

Or its the calm before the storm. Perhaps they're getting the dear leader into a bunker in a secret location before attacking SK.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

very conveniently includes this map, and is not centralised around the people in the photo.

Crock of # propaganda picture.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anyone saying North Korea does not have the capacity to hit anywhere in the USA with a missile is brainwashed by the mainstream media propaganda. They most certainly DO have that capability. They can strike anywhere in the northern hemisphere.

The entire continental USA can be hit by them. It's a scientific fact, and anything from the media or government claiming otherwise is pure propaganda, especially if it comes from the US military.

North Korea has the ability to launch missiles into space orbit, reposition them, and then reenter them back towards Earth. If you can do that, you can hit anywhere you want to in the USA. ANYWHERE.

Once in space, the missile would be reprogrammed, and given its target. It would orbit in space, then reenter Earth's atmosphere over the USA. It would then be able to hit wherever it was targeted to hit.

It's a scientific fact that North Korea has this capability, since it's already proven they can launch missiles into space and then reprogram them and reenter them back into the atmosphere.

ALL sources saying they can't strike the mainland USA are untrue propaganda.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

A barely successful launch does not give them the ability to "hit anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere". Whatever they put up there is useless because it's tumbling so badly.

It's also a long way from "We just detonated what may be a nuclear warhead" to "We're putting warheads on missiles and rockets."

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i believe i have a better chance of hitting austin from my house in eastern north carolina with my wrist rocket slingshot than a nuke icbm from north korea. not that i would dare to target a neighboring state of the union just saying.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You know it recently occurred to me that NK might be playing a different strategy than I had originally assumed here. They could be trying to lure the US into making a preemptive strike. Showing the US their 'battle plans' and gearing up for war, but actually giving the US targets that they want to be hit. The purpose of this is not to let the US waste time striking 'fake' targets, the targets are probably real, although not the most important. The reason here might be a Vietnam type strategy. The US lost the war in Vietnam largely because of a lack of domestic support. The Vietnamese didn't need to defeat the US military they only needed to defeat the morale of the American public and NK could conceivably attempt the same thing, but for such a strategy to work it would be best if the US fired the first shot making it easier for NK to paint the US as the aggressor. If NK attacked the US then the US public would never give up on the war, but if the US attacked NK then the American public could easily become tired of an over seas war that they might eventually see as not involving them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't know much about nuclear weapons etc. But lets say that the NK launches their WMD.
How quickly would the US be able to track and destroy the incoming missile?
Since if it's fast and what not, wouldn't the weapon still cause a EMP if it's too close (shot down above US)

edit on 2-4-2013 by maxij because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
it would take 20 minutes from USA, but i bet USA has nukes all over the place that might get there sooner.

The EMP shock wave is only dangerous over a long distance if its detonated very high up. A low to ground nuke in Korea, would be very safe in the USA as far as EMP - id be more worried about the days weeks months after as the radiation flys around in the winds of the globe.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I see. Well, hopefully it won't happend.
If NK would launch their missiles I guess US would retaliate quickly and then we would have a all new WW3 if the chinese gets angry. rt.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

A barely successful launch does not give them the ability to "hit anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere". Whatever they put up there is useless because it's tumbling so badly.

It's also a long way from "We just detonated what may be a nuclear warhead" to "We're putting warheads on missiles and rockets."

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Wow. That incredibly well thought out, and cogent reply totally destroyed any logic, or evidence to the contrary. I'm impressed.

Since you're such an expert, tell me, when did North Korea develop and test at least a radar altimeter for the fusing system for a nuclear warhead? How about the navigation system? The heat shield for reentry? When did they miniaturize their warheads to fit onto a missile? How does one, not entirely successful test give them the ability to hit anywhere in the northern hemisphere? How do you reprogram a weapon that's tumbling, and has at best a few seconds of line of sight to the ground station at a time? Those are just a handful of the things they would have had to do, without anyone noticing them doing it, with the incredibly limited resources on hand.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Wow. That incredibly well thought out, and cogent reply totally destroyed any logic, or evidence to the contrary. I'm impressed.

Since you're such an expert, tell me, when did North Korea develop and test at least a radar altimeter for the fusing system for a nuclear warhead? How about the navigation system? The heat shield for reentry? When did they miniaturize their warheads to fit onto a missile? How does one, not entirely successful test give them the ability to hit anywhere in the northern hemisphere? How do you reprogram a weapon that's tumbling, and has at best a few seconds of line of sight to the ground station at a time? Those are just a handful of the things they would have had to do, without anyone noticing them doing it, with the incredibly limited resources on hand.

I was hoping ATS member Red Cloak could also elaborate on the specifics of both the DPRK's impressive progress in physics package miniaturization ( it seems like just yesterday they were fizzling multi ton 1st generation fission weapons carried on old rail cars) Also, could you clear up how the Taepodong-2's clearly increased throw weight was achieved with low impulse liquid fuel.

How have the North's engineers have been able to design a single warhead bus with the excess delta V capability to allow the warhead to alter its flightpath from its ballistic trajectory and retarget anywhere on the planet?

Can the bus transition from a equatorial prograde to a sub polar retrograde orbit, if not what is the maximum variation in inclination?

Are they using line of sight data links, ultra low frequency omnidirectional transmissions or perhaps bluegreen laser pulses fired from a secret base off the coast Inchon using the hypothetical "sharks with laser beam eye " doctrine to communicate with the missiles?

Does the DPRK have a secret constellation of geosynchronous communication satellites? How do they reprogram the missiles to hit Austin instead of Iowa when they are on the other side of the planet from Kim Jong Canaveral and Pyongyang Mission control?

Do the reentry vehicle use a blunt body design utilising aerodynamic breaking or perhaps a traditional design but using exotic alloy's?

Are the physics packages 2 or 3 stage primaries and are the yields adjustable in flight as well ?

Is the neutron damper separated from the primary explosive lens by anything more than inert gas?

Love scientific facts on ATS, they never disappoint.

edit on 5-4-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

They need none of that to launch an EMP weapon.

A supper emp nuke would probably be an unreflected gun type bomb.

An unreflected gun type bomb will not produce full explosive yield. But it will produce a lot more prompt radiation. That would explain the low yield explosions that people thought were fizzles.

Even if you take the little boy design and do away with the tungsten reflectors and all that stuff that is not needed for this type bomb. You could get it down to the 100kg weight that NK stated the satellite weighed. 60kg of uranium. A kg or so of propellant. 40kg of steel that makes up the metal pipe that forms the gun barrel. And throw in a few more kg for the remote control electronics and solar panels.

99% of the weight of a gun type bomb is the metal enclosure around the bomb. That is the anvil and the tungsten reflector assembly. Ditch that, which you want to do for an EMP weapon, and the weight drops down to a few hundred pounds.

You need no fancy high precision firing electronics for a gun type weapon. Just a single blasting cap to set off the propellant fired by a couple nicad batteries charged by a solar panel and ran by a remote control receiver.

They could have even used plutonium for the gun type device. That would bring the size and weight of the active material down to an even smaller amount. The normal reason plutonium can’t be used for gun type devices is because it’s too active and will almost always cause a fizz instead of a boom. But the lack of a boom is not a problem as long as you get that prompt radiation to produce an EMP.

So, you are right, they don’t have the technology to send up a full size nuclear device that can physically destroy something in the US. But they may not be wanting to launch that type of nuke.

On the other hand, they easily have the technology to put an EMP weapon in orbit.

And the orbit it’s currently in is exactly where it would need to be for an EMP detonation. So, all they have to do right now is send a signal to that little remote control unit telling the bomb when to go off, which will be right when it’s going over the US.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I dunno,The Federation of American Scientists say that the yield needs to be on the order of 1 Megaton to initiate a large enough gamma flux to produce the quantities of high energy free electrons required to start doing real damage across a large area.

The U.S. designed 150 Kt W80 is rumored to still weigh twice the 60 kilo figure you are quoting.

The rogue EMP over the heartland threat sounds credible until you start looking more closely at the actual engineering requirements.

Still, if you have anything contradictory to the above please post it.

A high-altitude nuclear detonation produces an immediate flux of gamma rays from the nuclear reactions within the device. These photons in turn produce high energy free electrons by Compton scattering at altitudes between (roughly) 20 and 40 km. These electrons are then trapped in the Earth�s magnetic field, giving rise to an oscillating electric current. This current is asymmetric in general and gives rise to a rapidly rising radiated electromagnetic field called an electromagnetic pulse (EMP). Because the electrons are trapped essentially simultaneously, a very large electromagnetic source radiates coherently.

The pulse can easily span continent-sized areas, and this radiation can affect systems on land, sea, and air. The first recorded EMP incident accompanied a high-altitude nuclear test over the South Pacific and resulted in power system failures as far away as Hawaii. A large device detonated at 400�500 km over Kansas would affect all of CONUS. The signal from such an event extends to the visual horizon as seen from the burst point.

The EMP produced by the Compton electrons typically lasts for about 1 microsecond, and this signal is called HEMP. In addition to the prompt EMP, scattered gammas and inelastic gammas produced by weapon neutrons produce an �intermediate time� signal from about 1 microsecond to 1 second. The energetic debris entering the ionosphere produces ionization and heating of the E-region. In turn, this causes the geomagnetic field to �heave,� producing a �late-time� magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) EMP generally called a heave signal...

...HEMP can pose a serious threat to military systems when even a single high-altitude nuclear explosion occurs. In principle, even a new nuclear proliferator could execute such a strike. In practice, however, it seems unlikely that such a state would use one of its scarce warheads to inflict damage which must be considered secondary to the primary effects of blast, shock, and thermal pulse. Furthermore, a HEMP attack must use a relatively large warhead to be effective (perhaps on the order of one mega-ton), and new proliferators are unlikely to be able to construct such a device, much less make it small enough to be lofted to high altitude by a ballistic missile or space launcher.

Nuclear Weapon EMP Effects

The model wiki gives seems to be in agreement as well...

High-altitude nuclear explosion
edit on 5-4-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can sit here and read this all day/night. Being new I am impressed with the amount of information you lot post, particularly on this thread. I am stuck for words other than to say thanks for the education and your links that I read thoroughly.

Keep posting please, I'm enjoying this and learning more and more.

Regards,

Bally (Newbie)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Biigs, do the US have the tech to detect launch and destroy within minutes. I ask this because if the missile takes about 20 minutes to travel I suspect that the vessels/aircraft they have in place aound the peninsula may have the capability to take the thing out sooner than that 20 min time frame to protect the US.

In asking this I am one also not Nuke missile savvy..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

If you look at other wiki articles (not saying wiki is a good source) you will see a little explanation to your questions.

en.wikipedia.org...

normal nuke weapons are not designed to maximize gamma yield. They are designed to maximize explosive yield. When you change the design parameters, then the look, and function of the device will drastically change.

The casing around fission weapons blocks about 85% of the gamma rays.
The casing of the example fusion weapon blocked about 95% of the gamma rays.
Not to count that the first stage device pre-ionizes the atmosphere which mutes the EMP produced by the second stage.

Two stage bombs are poor EMP producers because of their inherent design and function.

So, if they produced a gun type device that has a thin shell around it. Something that would let 95 percent of the gamma rays fly, then it’s gamma ray yield would be equivalent to a traditional single stage bomb about 7 times as large.

And remember, a thinner shell, is lighter, and more easily carried to orbit.

A 10kt unreflected gun type bomb would be equal to a single stage 70kt traditional bomb. That would produce the same EMP as a 10Mt to 20Mt two stage bomb. That would be about 32kvm at 100km altitude. Or 25kvm at 300km altitude.

That is assuming they use no gamma ray booster layer on the device. And you know that there is plenty of materials that act as gamma ray boosters. They absorb other forms of radiation and re-emit that as gamma rays. If the design uses a gamma ray boosting layer on the device, then you could almost reach unity of gamma ray yield, vs explosive yield.

That would mean that that a 10kt device could easily reach 45kvm at 300km altitude. That would be an equivalent EMP from a two stage blast larger than 100Mt

That would be a super EMP device that weighs about 100kg.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bally001

It depends on if you are talking IRBM, MRBM, or ICBM. The Navy is in the process of moving the Sea Based X-band Radar (SBX) which is basically a giant radar on an old oil platform. It's the mid-course guidance system for the Ground Based Interceptor system.

A list of radar systems, including SBX:

Linky thing

SBX:

(This is how they're currently moving it)

The Aegis BMD system, which is on two destroyers in the area around North Korea is capable of intercepting IRBMs and MRBMs using the Standard SM-3 missile. It's also capable of intercepting them on the decent phase as well. It's NOT capable of intercepting an ICBM, which is a different beast all together.

The Ground Based Interceptor IS capable of intercepting an ICBM during the cruise phase of flight. It's been successful in about half of the intercept flight tests to date.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Regards and thankyou Zaphod. Very interesting.

Bally

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxij
I don't know much about nuclear weapons etc. But lets say that the NK launches their WMD.
How quickly would the US be able to track and destroy the incoming missile?
Since if it's fast and what not, wouldn't the weapon still cause a EMP if it's too close (shot down above US)

edit on 2-4-2013 by maxij because: (no reason given)

Wow! NK has a Strike Plan. Go what?

Does the USA have a Strike Plan to take out NK?

BTW, if an EMP bomb goes off over the USA then it would have to be a False Flag attack

orchestrated by the Obama Admin / Cabal & Illuminati.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join