It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Photo Reveals 'U.S. Mainland Strike Plan"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry for off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice a candy dish on the shiny table.

Just to the right of Yung Phat Boy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Seriously? They set up their office on, what appears to be, the roof of a building, and discuss an attack on the United States? And someone takes this serious? They recently showed off their photoshopped beach landing craft with much failure.

The thing I can't wrap my head around is, are they sitting in a room, coming up with these stunts, thinking they will work towards striking fear in the hearts of americans? Do they do this, with the hopes that it rallies his own people, all the while knowing we shrug, laugh and move on without a second wasted pondering their ability to actually attack us?

The dude is a very strange mix of sinister and stupid.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
well, with me living in stockton calif...about 70 miles east of SF...my you-know-what has been puckering up when i hear that they can hit the west coast, BUT!!! their accuracy is not well known...WHAT?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Methinks lil kim hasn't watched "Red Dawn."

Wolverines!!!

The guy is loco IMO,but history shows us its the mad ones we need to watch out for.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

We could have taken out the DPRK in the 80s with their current inventory. Their most advanced aircraft is the MiG-29, which they have 30 or 34 of. The rest of their Air Force is made up of older MiGs, such as the MiG-21, even some MiG-17s.

Their list of AAMs is more impressive, and include the Atoll, Aphid, and Archer. SAMs include the SA-16 and SA-17, but they still have SA-2s in inventory, and possibly some SA-1s still.

AAA on the other hand is where it will get ugly. They have fewer than 100 ZSU-23-4s and over 1000 ZSU-23-2s. Those are some nasty guns to have to go up against, even for fast movers. The Growlers, and Weasels will have their work cut out for them going after those sites.

It won't be a cakewalk, and we'll take some losses against them, but our current inventory (even if we don't use the F-22) can handle their air force, and air defenses. The problem becomes the sheer number of troops they can throw across the border, and their tunnels.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The only missile I've heard of that they have that can hit the coast is the Taepodong-2. So far they're 0-2 on test flights. The first one lasted around 30 seconds, and the second not much longer.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Nth Korea have around 70 Submarines, could they let a few go from them?

Or rent/borrow one from China and then EMP the mainland of the USA....It ain't gonna happen unless the whole military brass and political leaders are full blown skitzo with a death wish.

In the past his dear dead daddy would make outlandish threats and the west would go in and give food and assistance; it ain't working this time. You train a dog to bark for a reward and all of a sudden stop giving the treat he is gonna bark longer and louder, no?

P.S. I seem to remember back in the late 70s that the prevailing foreign policy thoughts by the USA military was that reunification between the two foes were just a matter of time. Just goes to show (to me) some of our planners and think tanks need a different deck of tarot cards?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Look how shinny their table is?! I feel badly for whomever has to polish that! ...

HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one distracted by the table finish. It is nice though. ADD fully engaged.

I agree with your other point as well. They will do something. Most likely, wipe out a SoKo town to show their might.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
well, with me living in stockton calif...about 70 miles east of SF...my you-know-what has been puckering up when i hear that they can hit the west coast, BUT!!! their accuracy is not well known...WHAT?

im 30 miles west of you.

Not worried at all. But if they did end up getting a nuke off in SF, we have about 1 hour, depending on the winds, to bugout or end up glowing the rest of your life as a green glow stick.
edit on 29-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
ooooooh

now he's really really really really serious

can't wait to see what he does tomorrow

wear red ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jimmyx

The only missile I've heard of that they have that can hit the coast is the Taepodong-2. So far they're 0-2 on test flights. The first one lasted around 30 seconds, and the second not much longer.

thanks zap, nice to get info that is not all "googled"....what if china and russia use NK as a sort of "weapons sniffer"....just to test the west as to response time, and weapons effectiveness. with their own satellites they could "see" how and where we deploy tactically.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
you guys think the USA doesnt have strike plans for NK?

lol, the yanks are flying their bombers over NK land. what do you want them to do? wave at the drones?

its america who is pushing NK into a corner and sooner or later the beast will be unleashed

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks for the thread, OP.
This is interesting at several levels.

The very fact that they have those maps on display and allowed the image to be released tells us quite a lot. Or at least, it should.

They are aware of how the MSM works in the west and also are aware that a fair percentage of the population who get their news only from the MSM actually believe a lot of what it tells them, without even analysing it. You know what I mean. The "I saw it on Fox / CNN so it must be true" sort of mentality.

Like this CNN article by two CNN writers, which refers to the above image and its maps: North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says.

Later Friday, North Korean state media carried a photo of Kim meeting with military officials. The young leader is seated in the image, leafing through documents with four uniformed officers standing around him.

On the wall behind them, a map entitled "Plan for the strategic forces to target mainland U.S." appears to show straight lines stretching across to the Pacific to points on the continental United States.

The NK PTB know those images will be used like this. That's why they released them, especially the main one with the maps.

But the simple fact is this: you never reveal details of your real war plans to the enemy. If you publicly and willingly release such concise information, then it's a blind. It's a ruse to distract and make people look the wrong way.

You can bet the US military leaders and their allies are well aware that this is just a trick: some rather childish sabre-rattling for those who are scared by such things. But the ones in the US and allied military who have to make decisions on battle plans and deployment of assets are not going to be fooled by it. More than ever, they'll now be trying to figure out what NK's potential move might really be.

And I'll bet my bottom dollar that whatever it is, it won't be shown on any map that they'll publish for the international media to study and "analyse".

edit on 29/3/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by jimmyx

im 30 miles west of you.

Not worried at all. But if they did end up getting a nuke off in SF, we have about 1 hour, depending on the winds, to bugout or end up glowing the rest of your life as a green glow stick.
edit on 29-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

i guess it depends on range too...when they say they can hit the west coast....seattle is alot closer than LA or even SF using the polar route. my son lives in santa clara, that would be my first call.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, China will keep a very close eye on things if it goes down. Both because of the refugee issue, and because they'll learn more about our combined arms doctrine which will allow them to come up with a way to try to defeat it, or at least fight it better. I don't see China stepping in this time though. Relations are too strained between the DPRK and everyone else in the known world. China wants them to stay, so they have a buffer zone, but I don't think we'll see them send troops this time if something happens. They might send other aid though.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here's a thought. Who knows how much influence the CIA has had on Kim Jung Un?
What if, bear with my wandering brain here, but, what if his dad was taken out and Un was put in place as an asset by our Secret guys in order to rattle his sabre and make these threats and then one day, BOOM!!!! Mushroom cloud in Austin? In a false flag scenario, the current administration would then just blame NoKo and we'd have no proof that it wasn't. All they would need to do is tell the MSM that it was them and the MSM would parrot it back out to us. Why would we assume anyone would look for proof?
Martial Law would be announced, guns confiscated, constitution burned, obummer would truly be king, NoKo would be obliterated, Haliburton would make another 39 billion dollars on another war, our finest men and women would be sacrificed at the altar of war profits...yada yada yada.

edit on 29-3-2013 by wirefly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Not one of our bomber flights has crossed into North Korea. They have all remained over South Korean territory, and dropped bomb simulators (the few that have dropped anything) on South Korean military ranges. We have flown B-52s, B-1s and B-2s over South Korea in the past during exercises.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To heck with the rest of you guys!

*waves the white flag*

L'il Kim, don't nuke me, bro!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Hopefully this is just saber rattling on the part of North Korea.
But as the images show. They are seriously considering striking the US mainland.

As you can see in the picture they have plans to hit Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Hawaii and possibly Austin.

I didn't think they had missiles with that sort of range. However I wouldn't put it past them have smuggled in some missile that might be able to hit us. In any case it's a little scary to see that.
However that would be the last thing they would ever do.

www.nknews.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

North Korea should have made it funny.

Target all missiles at Las Vegas and Seattle just like the movie War Games.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Methinks lil kim hasn't watched "Red Dawn."

Wolverines!!!

The guy is loco IMO,but history shows us its the mad ones we need to watch out for.

Exactly!
Everyone keeps saying that they would be suicidal to start something, and that they know they would lose, and that China won't let them, etc. etc.
But the thing is, it does not sound like he has any common sense.
He is insane.
He lives in his own little power-tripped world, where he has been told his whole life that he is invincible and a God.
He grew up listening to his father rattling the sabres, being fed the fantasy that his country is so powerful and that other countries fear them.
He is so delusional, why would he be sensible?
Why would he not believe that maybe he really can do this and get away with it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join