It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Photo Reveals 'U.S. Mainland Strike Plan"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Why not Germany, or Austria, instead?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
The only thing I would be worried about, is South Korea.

North Korea is known to have a web of underground tunnels that cross over to SK. If NK is truly capable of building a nuclear weapon, their way of delivery might be underground. Gen. Tolley got canned after he slipped up telling too much information.

"The entire tunnel infrastructure is hidden from our satellites," Gen Tolley said. "So we send (South Korean) soldiers and US soldiers to the North to do special reconnaissance."

Link

I'm sorry but ground penetrating radar would find every one of them. Simply drive along the border and map them. Seal them off from the SK side and pump a nasty gas into every one of them, then light the fuse. Watch where the ants run out.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
really like his hairstyle, think he might be a fan of Bros

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Except that you'd have to drive in range of the DPRK forces along the DMZ. You think they're just going to sit there and watch while you wipe out their tunnels? There have been quite a few deaths along the DMZ doing just routine things, something like that, I almost guarantee they'll start shooting.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

They do, but they have never had a successful test with one. They have made two attempts and both failed quite spectacularly shortly after launch.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by jimmyx

right ok ummmm....your so great at stopping an attack...lol....remember 911.....19 box cutter weilding arabs....

Salutations Plube, glad to see you finally came to your senses with that whole 9/11 conspiracy nonsense.

.....silly Americans....you have not been successful in all out war yet....

The ghost of Douglass MacArthur says you are talking out the side of your neck.

As you don't seem very well read on contemporary history I'll fill you in.

The photo shows General Yoshijirō Umezu signing the instrument of unconditional surrender September 2nd 1945 aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in Tokyo Bay after the U.S. had burnt the entire nation of Japan to the ground and then dropped two nukes for good measure.

Shortly afterward General Umezu was tried and found guilty of war crimes and sentenced to life in prison, essentially because the U.S. authorities could, where he died in 1949.

I think that fits the criteria of success in all out war.

Want to talk about the European theater as well?

I seem to Remember Romans thought they were invincible at one time too....

And I seem to remember that the entirety of western civilization reverted to the stone ages within 2 generations and stayed that way for 500 years.

Be careful what you gleefully wish for, the U.S. sneezes and the world catches a cold.

Do you think that you are somehow immune?

does any one American think China would want you fighting on their doorstep....

If the Norks act on any of their nonsensical threats China wont have much choice.

This isn't 1950 and Chairman Mao is long since dead and buried. Without access to U.S. markets China wont have any Wallmart shelves to stock and the gears of their already stressed economy will quickly come to a grinding halt.

I guarantee you, push comes to shove, the PRC wont do squat.

It's simple economics. Which is the more valuable trading partner, the DPRK or the free markets of the entire western world?

Not saying great things about NK....

There are plenty of good things to say about the DPRK, I just cant think of any at the moment.

Everyone says NK is sabre rattling...

Because they are. At least they haven't kidnapped anybody, tried to assassinate the ROK government or hacked any innocent people to death with axes in the DMZ of late.

but they really have nothing to lose...

Other than their entire nation and a whole lot of blood you are probably right?

and the world to gain where America does have a whole lot to lose...and the North Koreans know this......

Other than just being spiteful towards the U.S., what possible mechanism do you see at work that would see the U.S. and ROK on the losing end of anything involving the DPRK after the dust settles?

just my humble opinion.

Just mine as well.
edit on 30-3-2013 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I still do not understand this strategy. Keep telling the world what you plan to do, and that you are preparing for war? If Kim Jong UN knows anything about warfare, he must have read sung tzu, Which means he is breaking one of the most important rules - deception and surprise. He might be trying to implement another of his rules however, in, trying to make the civilian population scared and not desire a conflict. IMHO, Deception and surprise would be FAR more devastating. as spock might say, their strategy is not logical.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Timmerman421

Because in the past, bragging about what they were going to do got them their way. The problem is that now it's not working like it did then. So he has to keep bragging more and more trying to make it work.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Things do not fly through the sky in a straight line on a map. Curve of the earth and all that. So that part of the map seems made up to me. But the map on the wall behind has So. Cal and militay symbols on it. I have seen discussion of this in other places. That interest me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmerman421
I still do not understand this strategy. Keep telling the world what you plan to do, and that you are preparing for war? If Kim Jong UN knows anything about warfare, he must have read sung tzu, Which means he is breaking one of the most important rules - deception and surprise. He might be trying to implement another of his rules however, in, trying to make the civilian population scared and not desire a conflict. IMHO, Deception and surprise would be FAR more devastating. as spock might say, their strategy is not logical.

Because they're not planning to do anything. They're repeating Kim Jong Ill's tactics where he would cry, make a military move and get what he wanted. This time the world basically told them no because of the nuclear test. The NK's know they can't win the fight so all they can do is continue to threaten hoping they can trick the world into believing it's best to appease them. They don't know any other way to do things. Kim Jong Un is probably in a tough position here as well, he likely faces the very real threat of a coup if he can't deliver on money and aid for those at the top and the world isn't going for it this time.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

North Korea will be totally nuked if they do this. They wont do it as a result.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Large seismic activity has been recorded in a few of the areas targeted by the North.

Guam, Hawaii, California, Fiji Islands

Can anyone look into this? Thanks.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusIsLord777

Hawaii always has small quakes. It has the most active volcanic system in the world, and has been continuously erupting since about 1983.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:28 UTC 58 minutes ago offshore Northern California 4.7 4.8 USGS Feed Detail
Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:19 UTC 58 minutes ago Off Coast Of Northern California 5.1 10.0 CSEM-EMSC Feed Detail
Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:19 UTC 58 minutes ago off the coast of Northern California 5.1 10.1 USGS Feed Detail
Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:17 UTC 58 minutes ago off the coast of Northern California 4.7 10.0 USGS Feed Detail
Saturday March 30 2013, 21:43:17 UTC 58 minutes ago off the coast of Northern California 4.7

Aren't these a bit strange?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

No. There were 6+ (on the chart) earthquakes off California from December of last year on, and probably further back than that. California is home to several active fault systems.
edit on 3/30/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks, keep monitoring for Texas, DC, and Japan

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmerman421

That is if they had the capability to actually attack. Since they don't they're going to use the "deception" part of the rule. They will boast about their military might, and hope that the other side surrenders, and no bloodshed is needed. Or, they actually know about some plan to attack NK, and have decided to go into defensive mode, and are making sure that everybody knows that NK is ready to retaliate. Pretty sure this all started with NK saying that they feel threatened by the US. Perhaps they actually know military intelligence we don't have.

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Timmerman421

Because in the past, bragging about what they were going to do got them their way. The problem is that now it's not working like it did then. So he has to keep bragging more and more trying to make it work.

This is what I think as well. I mean its not a bad strategy, its worked before, but how are they going to get out of this now? Are they going to feel pressured to act? Or are they going to just go silent after a while, and hope everyone forgets? Or are they going to beg for forgiveness? Just commit suicide?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
This is what I think as well. I mean its not a bad strategy, its worked before, but how are they going to get out of this now? Are they going to feel pressured to act? Or are they going to just go silent after a while, and hope everyone forgets? Or are they going to beg for forgiveness? Just commit suicide?

That's the part that makes me nervous. Sooner or later they're going to have to do something to save face. The question is what would they consider face saving? Shelling an island again? Sinking a South Korean patrol boat? Or just saying "Go for it" and crossing the DMZ?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Does anyone else find large military hats EROTIC? Or is it just me?

I think one of my testicles just moved.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It has been around 23 to 24 hours since the last ridiculous rhetoric has been announced from NKorea. They have been ominously quiet today. Maybe they finally gave up?

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join