It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Photo Reveals 'U.S. Mainland Strike Plan"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

Artillery in open ocean is provocation?

Is he giving NK's prez reach arounds too?

Shill.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk8ter
1.you don't need to cut of the sea lanes to to disrupt our oil supply's.. you also don't need putin's navy either.

In your opinion what would it take? Destroy the refineries? The logistics would be staggering and beyond the scope of proxy terror attacks or special forces.

It took the U.S. and Britain over a year in a state of total war flying strategic bombing raids to noticeably impede Germany's petroleum refinement capacity. Regardless of what the ATS peanut gallery want to believe, nobody wants to face the U.S. in open warfare and only the Russian Federation has the strategic capability.

Cyber attack? How vulnerable is the control system of a refinery? I'm sure everyone in the industry took note of Stuxnet and made the necessary security provisions.

2 the strategic reserve will be rationed and the military will have priority over it.

Certainly the military and vital services such as ambulance and fire. If the situation were so grim as that then it is a safe bet that the whole weight of the U.S. military would be sustaining a maximum effort to resolve the crisis as soon as possible.

The idea is that the reserve exists so that the military wont be vulnerable another to embargo or blockade of the petroleum supply and if needed can maintain full operational capability long enough to force a favorable resolution.

3.We Important cause we have to, not because we can.. it would take a miracle for the USA to be oil independent,, 19 million barrels a day is hard to come by, Plus It takes 5 barrels of water for every barrel of oil so that's 19 million *5 its not happening, and you do know what the depletion rate is for wells in the Bakken.. 50 percent a year..

If that is the case, why dont we tap ANWAR? Why the moratorium on off shore drilling? Why is there not more urgency in developing the infrastructure to exploit our own tar sands?

But I think your right the government knows how vulnerable we are. but so does Putin and China,,

China imports a higher percentage than the U.S. and unless they are successful in bullying the territorial mineral claims of their neighbors throughout the south China Sea they will only continue to require more. China's primary exporters are the Middle East and Africa while the bulk of U.S. imports comes from next door in Canada and Mexico. .

If the U.S. is so vulnerable, what does that make the PRC?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

What a beat up, the us just wants to start another war, running out of time and enemies

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

They don't have misiles with that range. They are playing a game. Lets face it, they know as well as you and I that if they lift a finger against the US they will be obliterated by the biggest armed force the world has ever seen, IE the US armed forces. I don't know what they hope to achieve. But I am sure they are posturing and posing for some reason.

North Korea attacking the US would be like me walking into gun club with a pea shooter and starting a fight! LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
This nutter for a leader is like a kid with a new toy to play with. Photo shopping his army is ridiculous to say the least.
If he attacks the UK I don't think for a second we wouldn't strike back with deadly force. As for USA, well, another war they can jump into again.

Great teeth and smile on that puppy!

Yes I know, my baby

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Did you notice in the red circle, the Ethernet cable (yellow) is not plugged in ?

Must be a slow day

edit on 29-3-2013 by azureskys because: corrections

Lol he is using wifi :p

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

right ok ummmm....your so great at stopping an attack...lol....remember 911.....19 box cutter weilding arabs....lmfao.....silly Americans....you have not been successful in all out war yet....I seem to Remember Romans thought they were invincible at one time too....does any one American think China would want you fighting on their doorstep....Not saying great things about NK....Everyone says NK is sabre rattling...but they really have nothing to lose...and the world to gain where America does have a whole lot to lose...and the North Koreans know this......just my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
And does it appear in all the photo ops that lil Kim is the only mastermind young genius 'working'? The big cheese simply stand around him adoringly, supportive.

The very opposite for me. I see a young guy who looks totally out of his depth, and a load of incredulous, senior military staff whose expressions say "My God, THIS is the guy in charge?!". Lil'Kim got the gig he never wanted in the first place, and the generals got a leader they never wanted either. No wonder the wheels are starting to come off.

My impression is that the only thing keeping NK together at the moment is propaganda, and I wonder how long that is going to hold up. For me, it is now about who makes the first move:

* Lil'Kim and/or several of his generals defect
* A border patrol puts down its weapons and marches south under a white flag
* The population of a border town enter the DMZ unhindered by their own troops (who suddenly seize the chance and join them) and claim asylum in the South.

Any one of those would be the catalyst that would cause the whole sorry regime to collapse. As for what happens after that ... it's anybody's guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is like a bad bit in a bond movie when the evil genius suddenly forgets all his cunning tricks and says "hey lets have a nice photo of us before i kill you, in front of my master plan map and while i explain my master plan to you"....

Never gunna happen, you dont get a volcano lair by doing stupid stuff all the time... That said Lil'kin jong Il is the son of one so maybe his fathers ways didnt rub off on him completely and he really is this foolish?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

And does it appear in all the photo ops that lil Kim is the only mastermind young genius 'working'? The big cheese simply stand around him adoringly, supportive.

The very opposite for me. I see a young guy who looks totally out of his depth, and a load of incredulous, senior military staff whose expressions say "My God, THIS is the guy in charge?!".

I see something different. The guys standing around are actually in charge, telling Kim what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. I bet Kim is a slave. I bet he's never allowed to leave nk, almost never allowed to be alone. I bet he's swirling in fear right now. Yeah, that's just my impression of it all. But I don't know much about the situation. Oh and on that map, Austin makes no since, but Houston does. It's the 4th largest US city.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

The very opposite for me. I see a young guy who looks totally out of his depth, and a load of incredulous, senior military staff whose expressions say "My God, THIS is the guy in charge?!".

I see something different. The guys standing around are actually in charge, telling Kim what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. I bet Kim is a slave. I bet he's never allowed to leave nk, almost never allowed to be alone. I bet he's swirling in fear right now.

No, we see the same thing. What I should have said in my previous post was "and a load of senior military staff whose expressions say "My God, THIS is the guy in charge? Yeah, whatever!". A puppet controlled by men who see the military side of things, but possibly not the social or economic sides. Not a good situation, IMO.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think this has much to do with Iran .. they have ties with NK .. an attack on Irans nuke facilities is immanent .. once US is focused and fighting in the middle east .. NK can attack .. hoping the US cant handle a 2 front war .. we used to prepare for 2 major wars at once but that doctrine has been ramping down due to budget concerns

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zenartist

There would be a draft and plenty of people to fight. I just don't understand why the zion trash US gov is provoking NK by flying bombers and all the other provoking that goes on. It's uncalled for. Why can't we drag them all to the table, all gov's of the world, and make them iron out a deal. There also needs to be a world law where noone can possess nuclear weapons and Russia, China, and Amerika need to enforce it. I mean, India has ICBM's. That should be enough to scare anybody right there.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Whenever this fat tub of lard makes an appearance in person, it's nothing but coordinated cheering, and synchronized clapping from his frightened citizens. Just like when his father died, and the entire country had a contest on who could "weep" the best, hahaha.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think that in all likelihood, our "spy" satellites would have spotted such missiles by now, though you and I may not know about it It didn't take much technologically speaking (by comparison to now) to spot the Soviet missliles in Cuba in 1962 .I wouldn't panic just yet, though. reply to post by grey580

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its a staged photo session. Of course that is what it shows. Its not like we happened across his evil plan. Its a political note equivalant to "meet me at the water tower at 6:00 to fight". Its all very 12 year old.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

...according to this article it's because it's home to the Bush family

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They've been "at their breaking point" for 30 years. I've heard threats and rhetoric out of North Korea since the 1980s. The only difference now is that they have allegedly tested nuclear weapons (which from what I've heard from various sources weren't completely successful), which gets them more attention than it did before.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
NK has acquired the technology needed to send missiles to the US mainland. This is fact. However, whether or not they would reach the mainland depends on a couple of factors. First, the number of ballistic missiles they launch, and the speed of the ballistic missiles. This is because the US has the most sophisticated MDS system in the world, but it is not perfect. I am confident that the US can intercept any ballistic missiles that NK possess, simply because they should not have the types of missiles with sufficient velocity to counteract the interceptor missiles.

Missiles of this nature do exist, and I know China has some, but I have heard nothing about NK procuring any, but this does not mean they didn't. But if they did, I doubt they would have enough to cause significant damage before US and SK retaliation shut down their launch sites. Anyway, the US MDS is only capable of intercepting a couple of dozen missiles. So if they had the capabilities to launch a large number of powerful missiles, some of them are going to hit the US. What the US is counting on in a situation like that is a quick response time. Once the missiles are airborne, there is time to mobilize bombers and fighters, and by the time any of the missiles hit the US mainland, these fighters and bombers will be over NK skies.

If the US utilizes their more sophisticated fighters and bombers, along with anything else like ground troops, even though NK has a plethora of AA technology they've acquired, not that many aircraft will be lost before the installations are destroyed, along with the isolated AA positions. And then there is the fact that the US will launch a plethora of missiles from SK, which NK does not have the technology to stop. Since the distance is so much less than from the US to NK, I do not even think ballistic missiles will be necessary. The first targets the US will fire upon are the installations that are conducting offensive actions. And we probably know where the majority of these are located, even the underground locations.

So knowing what I know just about declassified systems possessed by the US, I am not too worried. The missile and air war will be no problem, but it may get more complicated. If a ground invasion is undertaken into SK, things are going to be drawn out. And, if any other countries come to the aid of NK, things will be much worse. Russia, China, Iran, or any other country who really hates the US could possibly join forces with NK. They would likely not do it on their own, but since it is happening, they will see this as an opportunity. If they were smart they would wait until the US had committed much of their forces and capabilities in the Korean region, and then launch a strike on the US mainland.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that the US still has much classified technology dealing with satellite and missile systems, especially where the defense shield is concerned. So we really have no clue what the true capabilities are, and they usually are much better, or they are in this case. This is because Bush initiated a MDS plan when in office, and this was continued by Obama. Details of which have not really been forthcoming, which is obviously for the best. You do not want enemy nations to know what you are capable of defending against, as it makes their chance of success much greater, since they could plan for so many types of missiles to fail to reach their targets.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well hell, I'm in OKC hope his toy dont get off track...I for one believe China is sitting back waiting and watching. They will never Nor will Russia allow us to be right on theyre borders. They can claim to be "angry" with NK all they want, really. My concern is this, what do we really truly know about NK? what if them failed tests of missles were all staged? to make us believe they aint got #? Just pondering here.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join