Pope washes women's feet in break with church law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Francis is more of a Christian than JP2 and Benedict combined!

Pope Francis is worthy of the Title of Vicar of Christ!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm a lapsed Catholic, but I must say Pope Francis is the most genuine Pope when it comes to the true message of Christ. He is foregoing all the pomp and circumstance that comes with the office of the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

ROME (AP) — In his most significant break with tradition yet, Pope Francis washed and kissed the feet of two young women at a juvenile detention center — a surprising departure from church rules that restrict the Holy Thursday ritual to men. No pope has ever washed the feet of a woman before, and Francis' gesture sparked a debate among some conservatives and liturgical purists, who lamented he had set a "questionable example." Liberals welcomed the move as a sign of greater inclusiveness in the church. Speaking to the young offenders, including Muslims and Orthodox Christians, Francis said that Jesus washed the feet of his disciples on the eve of his crucifixion in a gesture of love and service.
source

but such people damn the Pope regardless of what he does anyway.

For good reason.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well the Catholic church was heavy into rituals, the fact that the Pope himself has been breaking thousand year old traditions is a big deal.

I am liking this new Pope. He seems pretty nice.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by jazzguy

would you trust him with your 8 year old kid?

Would I trust you with my 8 year old kid .
No

Judging a person on the actions of others makes no sense .

He kissed and washed the feet of 2 juvenile girls. (pope with a foot fetish of juveniles?)

Bushed kissed babies.

Going by their actions and your reasoning i should trust bush more then the pope. But then we all know that what bush did was all show. The same goes for the pope it is the same thing as bush bieng photographed kissing and hugging babies and people will go "aaaawh" -sold, its still nothing but politics and show.

Lying works best when people want to believe in it.
You people really think that a single man is running the show over at the vatican ? He's a front.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

hmm having your feet washed and kissed by the pope....that's sort of a turn on.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I am liking this new Pope. He seems pretty nice.

Pay close attention. The Pope's actions were highly symbolic and purposely designed to draw attention to his papacy - a man - and away from the worship of G-d, the Divine. The entire purpose of the liturgy is supposed to be about the worship of G-d, not the glorification of one man - in this case, Pope Francis.

This Pope is more interested in centering the liturgy on his own cult of personality, instead of the worship of G-d. If he had followed the rubrics (liturgical instructions) strictly according to the old Latin Rite, he would never have drawn this much media attention with his own liturgical interpretations and innovations.

On the most sinister level, this Pope is sending a message to the priesthood - Do what Thou Wilt -- aka Aleister Crowley.

Don't get me wrong - Washing the feet of the poor is a noble gesture, and it has its time and place. It should not, however, be done as a media stunt during the high holy holidays that are broadcasted worldwide.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sounds like he has a foot fetish.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by jazzguy

would you trust him with your 8 year old kid?

Would I trust you with my 8 year old kid .
No

Judging a person on the actions of others makes no sense .

Going by their actions and your reasoning i should trust bush more then the pope.

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion from my quoted post

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
The entire purpose of the liturgy is supposed to be about the worship of G-d, not the glorification of one man - in this case, Pope Francis..

Pope Francis isn't glorifying himself. He's showing people Jesus. He's trying to do what Jesus would do. He's being a good Christian. That's not self-glory. That's glorifying God by doing what Jesus would like us to do. At no time has he said 'hey I'm great' .. he has instead said 'hey ... let's be like Jesus and help the poor and forgotten'.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

All the guys here getting soft with the pope lol..he is a jesuit..first time the jesuit shave the white pope and the black one "the general".
The Pope was doing 1 thing there..WORSHIPPING the CUBE/SATURN.
See the photos were he is kissing the feet with cube tatoos.

See here
LINK POPE KISSING THE CUBE! SATURN WORSHIP

All believe whatever you want but this is photo OP just to get these photo out in de world.
FAKE television and news just like 95 % of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I know that the Pope is trying to appear to be a humble man, while being surrounded by opulence. I just don't believe him, because of his position, to be sincere.

If you look at the story of his life .. how he's lived his whole 76 years ... it is one of rejecting 'opulence' and living as a common man while doing God's work as a priest. He never lived in the mansions or the opulence, he didn't have maids or cooks .. he lived by himself in an apartment, doing his own cooking and cleaning. He rejected the Bishops house and the Cardinals house in his home country. He rejected living in the papal apartments upon becoming pope and instead is living in the 'GUEST HOUSE' with the other Vatican workers and is taking his meals in common with them instead of having the papal chef cook special meals and be served in his papal dining room.

He has lived his whole life humbly. It would be impossible for someone to fake that for 76 years. They would crack under the pressure of living like a fake.

Originally posted by windword
So, he comes down from his ivory tower, ......

He has never lived in an ivory tower. As i said ... he has chosen to live in an apartment and cook his own meals and clean his own place. He never lived in the bishops house or a cardinals mansion. He rejected the papal apartments as well. He lives 'with the people' .

edit on 3/31/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

See here
LINK POPE KISSING THE CUBE! SATURN WORSHIP

The Pope worships a Planet ?
edit on 31-3-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When Pope Francis gets around to washing people's windows, give me a call.

PhilliesFan, what type of room is he living in? You mention he lives in the Guest House with the other workers, can you give more details, that's interesting. How many workers live there (and are these like gardners and cooks and others?), what type of room does he have, can he have people over past 10 p.m. Does he have chores to do in the house? etc. Thanks.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes a SATURN to 99% of humans is only a PLANET but its so much more.
a CUBE is symbolism of SATURN if you don't get it, just study more occult saturn knowledge.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you look at the story of his life .. how he's lived his whole 76 years ... it is one of rejecting 'opulence' and living as a common man while doing God's work as a priest. He never lived in the mansions or the opulence, he didn't have maids or cooks .. he lived by himself in an apartment, doing his own cooking and cleaning. He rejected the Bishops house and the Cardinals house in his home country. He rejected living in the papal apartments upon becoming pope and instead is living in the 'GUEST HOUSE' with the other Vatican workers and is taking his meals in common with them instead of having the papal chef cook special meals and be served in his papal dining room. He has lived his whole life humbly. It would be impossible for someone to fake that for 76 years. They would crack under the pressure of living like a fake.

I'm sure the Papal guest house is a real dump!

He's a Jesuit Priest, and as such made certain vows and turned himself over to the church, to do with what they saw fit. He has been their making.

I am not impressed with the so called humility of a man who accepts the title of Pope, and believes himself to be above all people of the Earth.

But this authority, although it is given to man and is exercised by man, is not human, but rather divine, and has been given by the divine Word to Peter himself and to his successors in him, whom the Lord acknowledged an established rock, when he said to Peter himself: Whatsoever you shall bind etc. [Matt. 16:19]. Therefore, whosoever resists this power so ordained by God, resists the order of God [cf. Rom. 13:2] ... Furthermore, we declare, say, define, and proclaim to every human creature that they by necessity for salvation are entirely subject to the Roman Pontiff.

...all the faithful of Christ must believe "that the Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world, and that the Pontiff of Rome himself is the successor of the blessed Peter, the chief of the apostles, and is the true vicar of Christ and head of the whole Church and faith, and teacher of all Christians; and that to him was handed down in blessed Peter, by our Lord Jesus Christ, full power to feed, rule, and guide the universal Church, just as is also contained in the records of the ecumenical Councils and in the sacred canons.
www.ourcatholicfaith.org...

There is no humility in his office. and that's all he is, an office. I am no more interested in being subject to the Roman Pontiff than I am being baptized post-mortem by the Mormons.

To me, this is the ultimate hubris and hypocrisy in the claim of humility coupled with the symbol of the title he has so willing taken. His actions as Pope as no more than a publicity stunt in the Vatican's campaign to sell their "new image." It's amazing that so many people are buying this new image, hook line and sinker. Truly they are "fishers of men."

He has never lived in an ivory tower.

His whole mindset, life and environment is an ivory tower.

As i said ... he has chosen to live in an apartment and cook his own meals and clean his own place. He never lived in the bishops house or a cardinals mansion. He rejected the papal apartments as well. He lives 'with the people' .

I suppose that was somehow extra special holy of him to suffer so, living as a middle class individual, having never wanted for or had the panic of losing the basic necessities of life, warm shelter, a shower, a bed, food, medical care, transportation. Yes, he must truly have suffered for his position as head of the world.

edit on 31-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well, you must admit we have to give this guy a little break. He is doing lots of the right things, and if he keeps on a roll like this who knows what thoughts and innovations are going to pop into his head (and that exact reasoning is probably what makes some powerful traditionalists in that church worried). He claims to want to be the poor people's pope. Again, maybe next week he's going to think seriously about doing something about that (holding that title, office, or whatever it is, has to be a chemical trip for his brain and hormones, and those are going to be creating some interesting "pictures", intentions, and ideas in him as the days go on).

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Claiming to "want" to be the "poor people's Pope" is just good business sense, since the majority of their congregations are poor, economies are collapsing and the 1% is being demonized. In the meantime, it's business as usual behind the the doors of the Vatican administrators, who working hard to protect their assets and cover their arses from legal litigation for all the bad stuff their brothers have been perpetrating.

The Pope catering to the hopes of the growing poor populations will do nothing to help their situations. I think it's a dangerous panacea to believe that this new Pope can change the world in any sort of way.

When Pope Francis leads his "sheep" to the ocean to make salt in defiance of oppression, and feels the strap on his back, maybe I'll have a little more respect for the man behind the title.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
reply to post by gortex

Yes a SATURN to 99% of humans is only a PLANET but its so much more.
a CUBE is symbolism of SATURN if you don't get it, just study more occult saturn knowledge.

Well it seems I was one of the 99% , I will have to look into this further ... Thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Right, same here. I don't know what he's going to "live up to" and what will just be platitudes. I'm just saying he's doing some good things, so I'm not going to badmouth the guy. Now if I were Pope you'd see some action, that's for sure, but since this other guy has the red shoes that he's not wearing, and he's bending that and lots of the other rules, it means he's pushing the envelope for the job title. If he stays around for a couple of years and keeps on bending that envelope then the next guy mightl have a tough act to follow.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum