It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope washes women's feet in break with church law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Originally posted by Advantage
...The one and only truly badass person I have met in my life was a humble, generous, and truly good sort...

When I read that, it immediately made me think of Kwai Chang Caine from the 1970's television show Kung Fu. He was a humble teacher and seeker of the truth. But if it were necessary, he could also reach down your throat and turn you inside out.

Dex

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't think washing and kissing women's feet is all that amazing. Anyone can do that. When he washes and kisses mine I'll be impress. Mine are crusty and hairy like a baby chimp, it would take a real saint to even touch them.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DexterRiley

...The one and only truly badass person I have met in my life was a humble, generous, and truly good sort...

When I read that, it immediately made me think of Kwai Chang Caine from the 1970's television show Kung Fu. He was a humble teacher and seeker of the truth. But if it were necessary, he could also reach down your throat and turn you inside out.

Dex

He was also a freak in private.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lots of people are in awe of this new Pope just as a lot of people were in awe of Obama, and now he's starting to smell, look and act like the King of the North of the book of Daniel that brings desolation down to an absolute T. Be careful, for this new Pope that urges all religions to unite among other blasphemous proposals may just turn out to be the false prophet of Revelation. If he looks too good to be true, then he most likely is. He's already shown that he'll drop to his knees and suck women's toes if he knows it'll get him more support. If you ask me, I'll say its quite a pathetic act.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Dammit.. I guess Im an imbecile too. I thought.. " that sly foot fetishist!!!".

Me too! LOL

I am not impressed. This screams desperation to me.

So, he comes down from his ivory tower, throws off his little red shoes in preference of brown Italian leather loafers, and takes a washing to bad girls and boys dirty feet? Creepy.

I wonder just who those inmates were, how they were chosen and what their supposed crimes were. I can't imagine the amount of planning that goes into an event like this.

Seriously though, I would love to think that he was sincere. Im not a xtian, but I see the sense in a sincere leader to being some sanity to so called modern Catholicism. The one and only truly badass person I have met in my life was a humble, generous, and truly good sort... it would be amazing if this pope was that kind of person and could end the scandal of the church and shine a light on the corruption. Maybe a revival of sorts.

Dream on. LOL

One man can't change what 1000's of years of "no-goodnics" have put in place. This is a desperate ploy of distraction, and an effort the keep some sort of semblance of religious integrity during this transitional period, while behind the scenes they're covering their assets as the global economy spirals into chaos.

I wonder who they got to direct this "Wag the Dog" style movie they're playing for us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

From the off, Pope Francis has amazed me. He appears to be the style of Pope that Roman Catholics have longed for.

At the risk of ticking off my fellow Catholics, I'd say that Francis is the type of Pope that Roman Catholics SHOULD have longed for, but didn't. It's the secularists, atheists and Protestants who have decried the ostentatiousness of the Vatican, not the typical Catholic. To be honest, if there was one thing that held me back from converting, it was the Pope, particularly Benedict and his comments regarding salvation of non-Catholics. Well, that and Mariology, so that's two things, lol.

That said, I'm pretty keyed up about this guy. I don't think he'll sell off the Vatican art collection for the poor (and, to be honest, I don't see that as being a good idea,) but he's setting one heck of an example, not just for us Catholics, but for the whole world. Assuming that he lives long enough to set a non-refutable example, I think he'll go down as a turning point in the role of the Papal Office.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche
I don't think washing and kissing women's feet is all that amazing. Anyone can do that. When he washes and kisses mine I'll be impress. Mine are crusty and hairy like a baby chimp, it would take a real saint to even touch them.

LOL You'd have to pay them, but it can be done without divine intervention! and also, HOT WAX for those hairy toes!

You know that there are people to who do all day, all week, all year, for a living. Any self respecting socialite gets a pedicure! I'm sure Francis has had his share too.

edit on 29-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

If the Pope is genuine, he may not last long.

The gesture is definitely good and conveys compassion.

This conflict of religions is deliberately created by the elite to terrorize people. There is no 'religion' currently on Earth that takes you closer to God, not even one. All religions are highly politicized.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Any self respecting socialite gets a pedicure! I'm sure Francis has had his share too.

What's your evidence for Francis being a socialite who is obsessed with getting pedicures? That would be quite the indictment of his character, which has been demonstrated to be humble, concerned for the poor, and dismissive of self.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
When the new Pope was elected, I remember thinking that it didn't take the conclave very long at all to make their decision. Other than that, I expected more of the same from this pope; mostly just pomp and circumstance. However, in the last couple of weeks, I have caught myself on several occasions with my mouth literally agape in disbelief at the actions of this man. In some respects I feel as if I'm in a Twilight Zone episode. I'm not a religious person at all, but I feel a strong positive emotion for this gentleman.

And that scares me. Generally, I tend to think of the entire human species as disease-ridden parasites. But there is something almost magical about Pope Francis. His countenance, his smile, his actions. Quite frankly, he is just too good to be true. Given the prophecy that allegedly refers to this pope, this is not what I would have expected.

In the past, I have known some rather evil spirited people. However as they grew older and closer to death, they began to soften their attitudes and became more loving. If we look at Pope Francis as the face of the church, and to some extent humanity as a whole, are we seeing a hardened old man who sees that the end is near and is trying to atone for his life of sin? Only time will tell.

Dex

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If he has any good heart at all, he realizes he has a lot of atonement to do for his church. But if I were a catholic parent, I would want to know he is actively cleaning the priesthood of pedophiles. He should ask the nuns, they know who the pedophiles are.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Originally posted by mahatche

Originally posted by DexterRiley

Dex

He was also a freak in private.

LOL.

Not exactly my point, but extremely clever!

Dex

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Do you think he clips his own toenails? Soaks and files off his own callouses? NOT!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think it's a good sign but then I am a liberal. Those who claim he is setting a bad example really should not attempt to interpret things like charity and mercy, things they know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Do you think he clips his own toenails? Soaks and files off his own callouses? NOT!

Again, what is your evidence for this? You are smearing the character of another human being, so what proof do you have for it?

I clip my own toenails, and based on what I've seen from Francis, I see no reason to believe that he doesn't, as well. Why do you insist on tearing down another person? Are you so jaded that you can't imagine that anyone but yourself can be selfless?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Honestly not being crass... but people who truly do act as Christ did tend to end up martyred. For some reason true kindness and selflessness scares the Hell out of some people and they react homicidally towards it.

That is spot on, and it really baffles me why some people are like this. I wonder if there's a medical term for this condition? I did not have such a negative reaction when I read this, but I was skeptical... I'd have to say this more a publicity stunt to make up for all the recent scandals. I mean maybe he is just a really selfless guy and he did this because it's in his nature... but I'm extremely skeptical of that claim.
edit on 29/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Why is it smearing a man to believe that he gets pedicures? Geez, I'm sorry for you that you don't, but there are people riding the subways everyday that get them.

The Pope probably gets his done by the "Holy Podiatrist." Or, is that another one of the "perks" that he turned down? Evidence?

PS: What's with the lamb in your avatars arms? Don't most Passover and Easter dinner consist of roasted lamb?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The Pope probably gets his done by the "Holy Podiatrist."

What is your evidence that the Pope cannot trim his own toenails and relies on a "Holy Podiatrist"?

You are smearing the character of another human being. What is the evidence that you cite to merit this?

edit on 29-3-2013 by adjensen because: Error of punctuation

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

The Pope probably gets his done by the "Holy Podiatrist."

What is your evidence that the Pope cannot trim his own toenails and relies on a "Holy Podiatrist"?

His age for one thing. I highly doubt that any decent doctor would let a man of that age and position trim his own toenails. Both of my parents had to make doctor's appointments to get it done.

You are smearing the character of another human being. What is the evidence that you cite to merit this?

Smearing another human being? LOL!

Why is it so special that another human being should wash another's feet?

Why do you think that a common service such a pedicure is something that the ultimate, holiest, non-human influenced, divine keeper of the souls of planet earth wouldn't also get?

Do you think he shaves himself? Cuts his own hair?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Why do you have this obsession with impugning the character of another person? Does Francis threaten you so much that you feel the need to criticize him without the slightest bit of evidence? Does it make you feel good about yourself, to poke fun at an old man, who seems to be making his best effort at espousing the good that people can do for each other?

Is your hatred of the Catholic Church so heavy on your heart that you hate everything associated with it, regardless of individual merit?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join