It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope washes women's feet in break with church law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love this guy! He is acting how one who represents christ should. Love above these racist, sexist rules that the catholic church says is the way of christ. I hope he changes the church forever.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Isnt he from Brazil or something?

Hes probably a pervert and loves big booty freaks.

Good show there.

Now, if only you were more than a username on an internet forum....and said that on national TV.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmerman421
I love this guy! He is acting how one who represents christ should. Love above these racist, sexist rules that the catholic church says is the way of christ. I hope he changes the church forever.

Could possibly be genuine.

Lets just hope he doesn't sit on a throne one day in Jerusalem and claim himself to be the 'messiah'.....

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Or is this a sign of something else? Like how the candle burns brightest just before it goes out?

Yeah, that is actually what I think it is. The prophecies point to Francis being the last pope before the anti-pope comes, and he is supposed to be genuine. In the early 1900's, someone in the church had a vision of the pope walking over the dead bodies of cardinals and bishops.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pope maybe breaks the Churches law, but not Christian practice. Jesus dealt with women where even his shallow unenlightened disciples thought it wrong at the time. That changed later of course. There were NT prophetesses etc.

Maybe this Pope is to be someone of historical significance within the Catholic church.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Good for him.

Well folks, this proves that imbeciles exist everywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would like to see him start a real conversation about Jesus and encourage Catholics and everyone to read the Gospels. Part of the problem with the RCC is the idea that the church does everything for you i.e.: absolution, such that the people are not encouraged to explore the deep mysteries of the Christian faith. Instead of BIble readings they are given litergies.

Time to get back to the actual teachings of Jesus himself which involve love of God above all and neighbor as self.

It's nice though to see a pontiff who's an actual Christian - that's funny!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Despite being a non-Christian, I will say that this is the kind of leaders the world needs.
Its a great reminder that leaders are meant to serve, not rule over the people like royals.

Oh, the irony...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I would like to see him start a real conversation about Jesus and encourage Catholics and everyone to read the Gospels. Part of the problem with the RCC is the idea that the church does everything for you i.e.: absolution, such that the people are not encouraged to explore the deep mysteries of the Christian faith. Instead of BIble readings they are given litergies.

Um... maybe 500 years ago -- in today's church (at least in the US,) there are three scripture readings at each Mass (two more than in my old Methodist church) and there are numerous resources to determine the day's readings (such as here) along with daily devotionals which are scriptural based (I subscribe to The Word Among Us, many churches, including my own, also give them away) and the Catechism encourages all Catholic homes to have, and use, a Bible.

Over the course of three years, just by going to Mass, a Catholic will hear pretty much the whole Bible, or if they use the daily readings as a reference, they'll read the whole thing themselves in three years.

Don't know how much more scriptural you can get than that. It beats my old church in spades.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Good for him.

Well folks, this proves that imbeciles exist everywhere.

Well, why imbecile? Exactly the same thought had occurred to me as well. . (With so many pedofile scandals within the Church it's not so impossible to imagine clergy indulged in other sexual deviations )

edit on 29-3-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The Fatima Hoax and the Staged Shooting of Pope John Paul II.

all is proceeding according to plan with the catholic church.

We've also seen that these events are part of a larger picture. It is certainly not just the papacy of Pope John Paul II which is involved, and it's not just about Fatima. With the resignation of Benedict XVI, and the subsequent "election" of Francis I, we are now able to see clearly that there is a pattern linking all of this together into a single cohesive over-arching story. The key which unlocks this entire puzzle is the fact that Benedict XVI resigned on February 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Lateran Treaty in 1929. As mentioned a couple of times, this was the agreement between Italy and the Catholic Church which granted statehood to the Vatican, and resolved a long-standing complication in international affairs.

It is crucially important to our story to understand the significance of this event and how it relates to what has happened over the last few weeks. History, not to mention prophecy, hangs in the balance. So let's now take a little detour, and review briefly the history and circumstances that led to the Vatican becoming a fully-fledged international state, and which also had the effect of making the Popes into Kings. Then we will be in a position to see, clearly and exactly, just what it is that the Vatican has been trying to achieve with all this fakery. ......

letsrollforums.com....

believe at your own continual peril.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by kimish

No, there was no 13th Apostle, any more than Mary is the fourth person in the Trinity.

There's nothing wrong with thinking Mary Magdalene (or any Mary, Martha or Simone) on an equal footing with the male disciples, but that is 20th Century western thinking, not First Century Judaic thinking, or the reality of that patriarchal society.

And the Council of Nicaea had nothing to do with the selection of Biblical canon. That is a known and demonstrable fact, and I wish I had a dollar for every time I have to point it out.

So, you claim Jesus was just as much a misogynist as everyone else?

You think the bible is unedited?

I'm fine with you making your claims. Please, since you are so experienced at debunking these ideas, give us your wisdom. Show us your references and proof. Back up your knowledge with your sources. Open our eyes by letting us see with our own.

Without evidence, your claims are baseless. If you feel the claims you argue against are baseless, well, that is fine as well ... but you can't use lack of evidence to disprove lack of evidence.

If you think the bible is complete, great. If you think Jesus was a woman hater, you have that right. Not here to argue with you at all.

I think, if Jesus was about preaching love and equality, and he is the son of god, creator of everything, then he would see all creations equal, including women; and if equal, then why not teach them as well?

Now, what role did women play in society during the times the bible went through major revisions, I mean, translations? If your society places women lower than men, and you have a religious text placing them equal ... how do you justify yourself, if you spread the word of equality and still keep your status quo?

We can all express opinions or put forth questions ... but when you claim facts, you really should back them up. You speak as though what you say is fact, with nothing to back it up. I respectfully request, if this is important enough for you to claim, to also cite sources and references to your claims.

As far as what happened, if history has anything to show us ... either 1) he is doing as told or 2) his safety is in danger ... or possibly 3) both

Anyone preaching peace and equality, breaking the traditions or making people see change, comes with a hefty price ... JFK, MLK Jr, Lennon, Lincoln, etc. all didn't do too well with their messages to the people.

There is also the thought: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. rather cynical, but usually the safe view; and it is better to play it safe and be surprised than to be caught off guard.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Footwashing is an ancient tradition, alot of modern churches don't do it now but in days long passed when people went around in sandals and barefeet, seeing someone's feet can tell you alot about that person, like how clean they are, wether or not they have fungus under their toenails or wash their feet adequately. It's a very intimate ritual because alot of people are embarrassed about their feet.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It's good to see Francis breaking some limits. He's going to have to top himself quite often though, to keep his string of "wonders and look-what-he-just-did's" going. This should be interesting. I wrote a satiric story on another website about the poor occupying St. Peter's Square, which I don't see as beyond the realm of the possible, and wonder what he would do if that happened.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Since when did church law override what Jesus taught?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lol, the bad guys always act nice in the beginning, at the end deception occurs

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dammit.. I guess Im an imbecile too. I thought.. " that sly foot fetishist!!!".

Seriously though, I would love to think that he was sincere. Im not a xtian, but I see the sense in a sincere leader to being some sanity to so called modern Catholicism. The one and only truly badass person I have met in my life was a humble, generous, and truly good sort... it would be amazing if this pope was that kind of person and could end the scandal of the church and shine a light on the corruption. Maybe a revival of sorts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Good grief, calm down.

Where did I say that Jesus was a "woman hater"?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hello skOrpiOn
From the off, Pope Francis has amazed me. He appears to be the style of Pope that Roman Catholics have longed for. He has shunned the gold and grandeur (his Cross/ ring/ shoes chair), adulation- retaining humility- the stories of the papers back home, method of transport, reserved high places (praying side-by-side with Benedict).etc. He seems to be returning the Church to the International position afforded to it during John Paul II’s time. I loved that Pope (Totus Tuus)
His Holiness continues in his wonderful new style. Long may it last!
BUT....
I, as others also, have cautious reservations;
I saw John Paul I as the long awaited Pope that was going to (at last) turn the Church to ultimate righteousness. At the time of his murd...sorry...untimely and unexpected death, John Paul was rumoured to be investigating the Vatican Bank. I often wonder if he, like I, questioned it's very existence? Also, I like to think that after this he was going to address this whole Vatican State/kingdom thing- (1929 treaty as mentioned by OutonaLimb and also let's not forget the whole previously, basically, 1000 years of the Papal States).
As a Roman Catholic, I truly believe in the wrongness of both Vatican Bank and State. I honestly think that Jesus would of rejected both.
BANK- “Whose penny is this?...Render unto Caesar..etc.”
STATE (and Bank, for that matter)- numerous references to “not being, having no part of this world”. Also Christ saying He will crush kingdoms/ kings, said kings and kingdoms will unite with AntiChrist, receiving power from the Beast. The Pontiff as King?! A Head-of-State?!; the Vatican has a Prime Minister?!
He's ruffled feathers from the start and continues to do so:
Quote from op source:
"By disregarding his own law in this matter, Francis violates, of course, no divine directive," Peters wrote. "What he does do, I fear, is set a questionable example."
With regards to AntiCrist, we are told that the world will love and trust the Devil's Vassal, being fooled by his apparent justness and right. Francis is awing MANY with his style and even atheists and Catholic deriders are impressed.
Redeemer of the Church OR bringer of woe?
So Assassinated OR False Prophet/ AntiChrist??
I hope neither as he seems to be a good man; humble and mild; an earnest Christian.
God Bless,
Seeker7

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Oh, by-the-by, darkbake- the visionary you mentioned was Pope Pius X in 1909 AND again in 1914. I hope this helps you out.
God Bless,
Seeker7

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join