Why do people take life so seriously?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I honestly don't know where to post this, so I just posted it in general conspiracy. I just think people really need to cool down with all the expectations. You only live once.

Look, people worry too damn much in society. Teens to grown adults. From "how am I going to pass this test" to "how am I going to pay the light bill". You got your girl running your life or you got your parents on your back telling you this and that. Just ask yourself, what happens if I just say "**** it"?

Try it. Seriously.

Just say: "**** it".

What is the worst that can happen? Think about it? You lose your job, your apartment, house, whatever. You lose EVERYTHING! And then what? You start over.

Listen to me. Society. It's all based on FEAR! Everything in this world is based on FEAR! Nothing gets done with humanity unless there is FEAR!

Put the middle finger up to FEAR and just live your life the way you want.

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WHILE YOU'RE STILL ALIVE! TO HELL WITH SOCIETY AND IT'S RULES!

So what we get drunk...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Been there
Seen it
Done it
Got the Tshirt

It's not as romantic or as easy as you think when you've lost the lot and had to start again my friend.

But thanks for the sentiment

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I've been homeless. I've been and am currently in the gutter. Tell me, how glamorous do you find it?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

It's not as romantic or as easy as you think when you've lost the lot and had to start again my friend.

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Dude, of course you are right about that. One of my mottos is that I am going to die anyway, and that takes away a lot of fear. The goal is to get rid of as much fear as you can, and to stay away from or convert situations that are causing you to make decisions based on fear.

Living life like you described is pointless. Not only that, the successful people, with women, with business, with happiness, with whatever, don't live that way... so there is nothing to be afraid of.

And I have lost everything, it is good to hit rock bottom sometimes in order to gain perspective.
edit on 29-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

And I bet you will never forget that will you? Tell me, would you be the same man today if you didn't have to go through that? If you didn't experience life the way you brought it down on yourself?

I've made a lot of poor decisions in my life, but I don't regret a single thing. It made me who I am today and I'm damn proud of that.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

i love you...i wish i had the canumtion......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I say define success. Is it money? Is it being able to attract women? Is it family? To each his own, literally.

To say that Bill Gates, a man that obviously lives for money, is successful because he's a billionaire is ludicrous to the man that lives for his family or country.

The point I make is live YOUR LIFE! Do what you want regardless of what society says. If you want to go to Harvard and be the next big shot, if that's honestly what YOU want, then so be it. If you want to drink or smoke all damn day, then so be it.

The only success in this world is being happy. If you're not happy in what you're doing, then really, what is the #ing point?!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
"how am I going to pay the light bill"

Just say: "**** it".

But a Lannister cannot pay his debt if he were to utter this whenever he was given his light bill.

*gulps from chalice*

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I do always pay my debts, even if I do not wish to continue service after debts are paid. Sadly, such things were instilled within me from an early age. This is one of the reasons why I liken myself so much to this character. It's a direct contradiction to my overall attitude... or maybe I'm more like him than I care to believe. Either way.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And I bet you will never forget that will you? Tell me, would you be the same man today if you didn't have to go through that? If you didn't experience life the way you brought it down on yourself?
reply to post by Theimp

Never will
Of course I'd be a different man, and probably not a better one.

My point was that romanticizing losing every thing, and advocating it, could be construed as irresponsible. Not everyone can make the long arduous journey back, many are lost on the way. We're just a couple of the ones that did make.

Wouldn't make the journey any easier a second time. It's not one I'd care to take again grateful as I am for the experience and memories.

Given the choice I doubt you would want to go down that road again either

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I wouldn't, but I probably will because I'm hard headed. Either way, I think it builds character. I think it molds the man and makes him appreciate what he does have instead of simply what he wants. I think it humbles the man and makes life a bit more simple... I honestly believe that entitlement is the problem in society and that's why I do advocate it.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

Seriously, that's right. It makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp

Try it. Seriously.

Just say: "**** it"......

I've been homeless. I've been and am currently in the gutter. Tell me, how glamorous do you find it?

Does anyone need to explain why?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I wouldn't, but I probably will because I'm hard headed
reply to post by Theimp

That my friend is your choice and your prerogative
And I wish you well on your journey

Just remember even an oak tree in a strong enough wind will break in two.
Kinda hard to put it back together after that.

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I sick of people period...no books can tell me who's plucked...I still love you though,just playin

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I read that....and it reminded me of ..."let the music be a part of your life as a tree is in blossom"
edit on 29-3-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I never said it was glamorous man, simply free. That's all that matters. Living life the way you want to and not the way society tells you that you should.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I like that
I like that a lot
I will borrow it if I may for future use

Cody

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You have to do things you do not like, to do things you do like.

If you only do things you like, one day, you will end up only doing things you do not like for the rest of your life.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join