It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What America really needs to do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

I don't know who "us" is. Explain.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

I take it that you are from North Korea?

Such a deep seated hatred only destroys the one doing the hating. Why are you even here if not to discuss the OP's thread?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Let him discuss his opinion please.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp
reply to post by SpearMint

Having a difference in opinion is one thing, refusing to explain why you have that difference in opinion is another. That is why you were defined as a troll.

I haven't refused anything. It really speaks for itself, if you can't see how it's a terrible plan then I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you, that'll achieve nothing. That doesn't make me a troll, I think you need to look up the definition.

If these things happened, the country would be in a much worse state than it is now, and that's saying something.
edit on 29-3-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Hatred

I don't know who "us" is. Explain.

That is your problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

Awesome!
I could go for all that. Excellent first start.
The part about not paying China for the debts ... that could cause issues.
But the rest ...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred

I've tried to talk to you like a human being, it's not my problem that you refuse this. If you want to discuss it please continue, if not, then so be it.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my opinion, China has had it's fill. I made this thread because I honestly believe that leadership in this country, at least over the past hundred years, has been wrong. I want to see realistic community input on how their nation should be led. This is not a monarchy. EVERY MAN BORN IN THE UNITED STATES HAS A VOICE ...and God damn it, let it be heard.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Let him discuss his opinion please.

You'll notice that he/she doesn't even have a opinion. In regards to the replies. Just a supposed hatred.

Probably just another teen troll with nothing better to do on Spring break. I've seen it every summer or long break.

From the replies, if he had anything relevent to say, he would have done so.

Back on topic though, I agree with some of your points, but shy away from becoming a isolationist.
edit on 29-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: need more coffee

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I honestly think that America as it is now NEEDS to become an isolationist... at least for a time until we get ourselves back on track. Look, we can't save the world when our own people are being thrown on the street. It's something that we as a country really need to consider: do we simply implode?
edit on 29-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

I do believe that most foriegn policy is commerce based, as it should be. But I don't think that all these mega-corperations should be dictating it.

As for overseas bases, they do have their uses as well. They expose people who could normally not be able to afford it others cultures through employment in said countries.

I was born as a military brat and ended up joining as well. I cherish most of my experiances. I've been exposed to all sorts of things I never would have been able to experiance if it were not for that.

If a country does not want a US business or military presence, then by all means, pull out. But if they want us to remain, that's cool too.

However, I do have a problem with giving $500 million to palastine when that money could be used better here at home. And not on robotic squirrels either.

If I get get the gist of your OP right though, it's "Straighten up our own house first...then we can help others." Is that about right?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

That would be right. We take care of our own first and when we're sound we can start thinking about the good will of other nations. I think that's only right when we're facing what we are as a nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

They have literally taken our entire industry.

China did not come here at gun point and steal manufacturing. Manufacturing ran screaming to China because our workers who made them millions and billions in profit were suddenly too expensive to keep, better to get some of that there Chinese slave labor.

So good luck telling the 'free market' and Big Business that they can't manufacture in China.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's always been a catch 22 hasn't it? So many blame the founding fathers because they agreed with slavery but honestly, in a brand new nation AT WAR with the world's might, what option did they have?

You simply cannot compete with slavery. The fact is, China should be condemned. Seen as a blight on this world the same as North Korea. But it's not... because it makes us money. We are a morally bankrupt nation and we wonder why God hates us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Apathy. That is the one thing that keeps American's from taking back our country. Too many just don't care. We supposedly elect representatives and senators to do our bidding in D.C., yet they tell us what we want is not best for us, and proceed to do business as usual. If they ignore their constituent's, they should be ignored come the next election. Same goes for our president, and even state and local representatives. Getting people to educate themselves, rather than fall for the dog and pony show, is the barrier we face. Too much emphasis on Democrat's vs Republican's, not enough on what is best for America.

Theimp, I applaud you for stepping up to the plate and making suggestions that could help America and her Citizen's. If more would take an interest, We the People could most definitely make an impact on our future, and the legacy we leave to our children and grandchildren. We must first overcome our greatest foe, Apathy.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have no problem with this plan. Korea is the only place we need troops, since that war is technically not over.

Congressional term limits are also needed for Congress,along with no lifetime benefits except the POTUS.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

At one time we had all kinds of embargoes and sanctions against China. Wall Street didn't like it, major manufacturers didn't like it.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

Everyone jumped on you for your post, how ignorrant can a individual be, but then again those are individual perspectives and most jumped on the wagon to try and thrash the thread IMO.

I find it funny each page had a comment removed for being off topic, again ignorance is bliss. And I can state this firmly because I have created threads like this with a more direct in your face approach and was shuned and slapped around by threaders. Even though they were my feelings on any said manner, and though perspectives change, a tiger can't change it's stripes.

You are the gov't and the gov't is you.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

Are you sure you're not Ron Paul?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, but..

No more corporate lobbying.

And, there should be a limit on the length of a bill; no more 3,000 page bills, because, honestly... is that necessary? They should be clear, concise, and to the point with nothing extra slipped in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join