It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY e-Juice Mixing Guru Needed....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have started using e-cigs...mine is running off a 3.7 vole rechargeable 18650 battery. I have no idea if we have any members here with experiance with diy e-juice but I have been mixing my own nic base PG VG and flavorings for the last couple months. If anyone does have experience with combining flavorings for a nice vape I'm wondering if you could read further...

I have the following flavors and am kinda lost with my next mix. Is anyone able to use the flavors below to give me a satisfying vape. I prefer guidance in percentages so that I am able to plug them into my little e-juice program.

I like juice that is not too strong in flavor as I prefer to crave the next puff rather than to get too much flavor and get tired of the taste...you know what I mean. I like no more than 24mg Nic, 60% PG and 40% VG. That is the base I am working with so no need to play with that....just the complementary flavor profile.

It's a lot to ask I know but this is the Mecca for friendly helpful people with knowledge.

Thanks for reading...and hopefully your guidance.

Menthol
Spearmint
Wintergreen
M Type Tobacco
TFA Coffee Clear (6ml)
RY4 Type Double
Kona Coffee
Caramel (6 ml)
Toasted Almond (6 ml)
Blueberry
Watermelon
LA - Green Apple
Pomegranate (6 ml)
Sweetener
Marshmellow (6 ml)
Sweet Cream
Bavarian Cream
Double Chocolate (6ml)
Ethyl Maltol

I know flavor is an individual thing but guidance on others experience helps.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Kinglizard, I know I'm a newbie to ATS however I reply here with some knowledge. I smoked cigarettes for about 35 years. My wife smoked since she was a teenager. About 6 weeks ago we were introduced to Ecigs. We have ditched the old habit.

We have experimented with flavours. I like a mixture of Coffee, rum and traditional tobacco. My partner likes Pina Colada, tobacco flavour. Reason is I guess we smoked tobacco for years. That said, I have a friend who has smoked for about 40 years who I put onto Ecigs. He likes the spearmint flavour with the tobacco flavour. He said, "Hey, remember the old 'spearmint leaf'' lollies of years ago. I loved em. Now I can smoke/vape them."

So K.L. I guess you do need to experiment for a personal taste. I also like caramel on occasions mixed with traditional tobacco.

In conclusion. My wife and I tried patches, gum and other alternatives over the years. We always eventually cheated ourselves. I must say our children, (7) have applauded the switch. No smell, no butts, no ashtrays, no lighters and savings that will send tobacco companies broke.

Hope this helps,

Bally.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the thoughtful response!

I had a 20 year smoking habit....quit for 9 years...thought one day I could enjoy an innocent cigar.....wrong. I was back to camels days later.

I switched to the Vapage vmod xl (18650 battery), Vapage vmod 2.0 (14500 batteries) and have all the supplies. 500 ml bottle 100% Nic than I can make last by cutting it down to 24-18 mg Nic and a Quart of PG and VG...all the stuff.

I have created a 24mg nic 60 PG 40 VG tobacco with Bavarian cream and ethyl maltol to cut the harshness... smooth it out a bit.. I also DIY a kona coffee blend with Sweet Cream, caramel, toasted almond and again ethyl maltol to smooth it out. I also created a menthol, spearmint and wintergreen e-juice.

I don't really like the fruit flavors, like you tobacco and coffee is my cup of tea so to speak.

I have TFA M type Tobacco flavoring but I'm not so fond of the flavor, it's really harsh even with maltol, 30 min in a sonic cleaner to mix and month of steeping. Not sure what would be a better tobacco flavor to purchase.

Anyway what e-cig do you use?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Thanks for the thoughtful response!

I had a 20 year smoking habit....quit for 9 years...thought one day I could enjoy an innocent cigar.....wrong. I was back to camels days later.

I switched to the Vapage vmod xl (18650 battery), Vapage vmod 2.0 (14500 batteries) and have all the supplies. 500 ml bottle 100% Nic than I can make last by cutting it down to 24-18 mg Nic and a Quart of PG and VG...all the stuff.

I have created a 24mg nic 60 PG 40 VG tobacco with Bavarian cream and ethyl maltol to cut the harshness... smooth it out a bit.. I also DIY a kona coffee blend with Sweet Cream, caramel, toasted almond and again ethyl maltol to smooth it out. I also created a menthol, spearmint and wintergreen e-juice.

I don't really like the fruit flavors, like you tobacco and coffee is my cup of tea so to speak.

I have TFA M type Tobacco flavoring but I'm not so fond of the flavor, it's really harsh even with maltol, 30 min in a sonic cleaner to mix and month of steeping. Not sure what would be a better tobacco flavor to purchase.

Anyway what e-cig do you use?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

h to go into the tech aspects.

Sorry, working on a laptop during a storm. Well, reading your reply, I really am a novice. I don't take my 'vaping' serious enough. You really have a handle on it. I bought 2 outfits from Ecigsforlife. My contact in Melbourne put me onto a selection of flavours so myself and wife went or 18mg/Nic of traditional tobacco flavour mixed with coffee/chocolate/caramel/pina colada in seperate 30ml bottles. Now I can also ensure when I order that the flavours are already infused with the percentage of 18mg/Nic.

Forgive me but each outfit comes with 2 batts. We charge from 240V. Batts last about 6 hours depending onx useage.

I mix 1/3 traditional tobacco, 1/3 coffee (18mg/Nic) and 1/3 rum(18mg/Nic) per 2 Mill. Lasts me 8 hours or about 1 Aussie dollar a day opposed to $20 per pack a day. I'm really not too fussed with the sweet flavours. I like the Malboro/Benson and Hedges tobacco flavour in my Ecig.

Hope this helps. Bally.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Having been mixing for a few months now and but only use 'Capella' flavourings.

They always seem good mixed at 20% with your nic base. I mix up things like 'Vanilla Cupcake' 15% and 'Caramel' 5% or 'Banana Split' 15% with 'Coconut' 5%.

They do an 'American Cheescake' that is lovely and found that all of there flavours seem to mix really well and always get outstanding flavour. Currently on 15% 'Cheesecake' with 5% 'Strawberry'.

Have just started into the tobaco steeping where I add organic tobacco cigar leaves to a bottle of PG or VG liquid to steep for a few weeks. I the use this as a flavouring to the mix at 5% or 10%. Goes excellent with the caramel flavouring to give a lush sweet cigar type vape.

edit on 29-3-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've looked into the things, I just don't think I can justify the costs for the device.

You're inhaling the nicotine plus flavours.

A hookah does the same, the vapour is just that, vapourised nicotine + flavours... and bigger plumes, more social, longer lasting, just a good time sitting around the lounge.

As long as you get proper shisha and not that rubbish that is stripped cane or whatever, that's disgusting..

ahh maybe it's the ritual too, but puffing on an electronic stick seems a little strange to me.

note, when you use a hookah, you don't burn anything. The hot coal sit on top of foil, which sits on top of the tobacco/shisha and it heats it until it vapourises out of the stuff. An hour later, you've got a bowl full of dry unburnt crud.

potentially still not as healthy as the e-cigs I give it that... but far better than cigs.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am using a e-cig and hookah since last 2 years. I think it is better option over smoking cigar. The e-juice is also now available in various flavors which gives you a perfect smoking experience. I think it is better to smoke e-cig than cigar which gives you the same experience like smoking cigar.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeAndreson

Yeah, however I've never used a hookah thing. Probably never will. But similar to what you posted Mike l prefer ecigs over cigarettes anytime now and l smoked for years. I feel better, no more smelly tobacco butts/stubbs/ashtrays/breath/clothes/car etc. House is smoke free.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Exactly..I would prefer the same as you said about e-cig. I think it could be a better choice over cigar. But, in recent days I heard much more about hookah and e-juice. My friends smoke hookah on weekends and said to me that it is available in variety of flavors. But, I love to smoke e-cig with apple flavor.
smoking hookah|shisha tobacco

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hey guys. Congrats getting your vape on!

I used to smoke when I was a teenager, for about 8 years or so... started dipping about 4 years ago and switched to vape about 6 month ago.

Since then however I've gone completely off the res and consider myself an official vapegeek.

I've been DIYig almost the whole time I've been vaping and just starting trying some of the fancy juices.

A couple tips on DIY.
Take notes. Sometimes it takes me 6 weeks to get a flavor dialed in. I don't want to waste time making the same mistakes over again or over correcting.

Test each flavor individually. Start at 3-5% and work up until the flavor hits that sweet spot. Some flavors for instance I have a 'natural' berry that is perfect at 4-6% overpowering at 10% and almost flavorless at 15%

Once you have some flavors nailed down you will know where to go from there. If you want a flavor to be the main note in the juice, rock it at the percentage where it vapes well as a standalone. Once you start to add a side note or complimentary aspect of the juice, you can better expect what that flavor is going to bring to the table and what it will taste like at say 50% of "full flavor" I hope that makes sense.

Also I take my measurements by weight.
Specific gravity of VG for example is 1.26 grams per ml
PG - 1.04
Grain alcohol .96 g/ml (or thereabouts)
50/50 nic 1.14g

Etc etc. I treat most flavors as 1 g/ml as they're usually pg it PGA and its just easier that way.

A juice I make and have been enjoying lately:
(Can't recall what flavor manufacturers for sure but I'll try)

Coil oil @ ~10% flavorings by volume 10ml
Chocolate (FA) 4%
Sweet cream (FA) 4%
Vanilla. (Jungle?). 1%
Graham cracker (Cap.) 1%
Caramel (ECX) 1 drop
Black n mile (ECX).1 drop

Vape wizard 1 drop
Sucralose sweetener (FA) 2 drops
Maybe ethyl maltol 2 drops

Vape on folks!

top topics