It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard of the National Clandestine Service?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The National Clandestine Service. Ever heard of it?

I hadn't heard of it either until a couple hours ago when I stumbled across something rather interesting on the Information Superhighway.

Created in 2005, the NCS "serves as the clandestine arm of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the national authority for the coordination, de-confliction, and evaluation of clandestine operations across the Intelligence Community of the United States"

Recently on another forum somewhat similar to this one (which shall remain nameless and linkless per ATS decree), a controversial topic was being discussed when a thread participant made a very strange post in response to another member:

Immediately, other forum members draw attention to this strange post and quickly come to the conclusion that this poster was a "disinformation agent" (actually they had pretty much already suspected it). Numerous members begin having a hearty guffaw at the "shill's" expense. Long story short, the thread continues on for many more pages with essentially two kinds of posts: One type, comprising maybe 10 to 20 percent of the total conversation, consists of members reposting the apparent "mistake post" of the shill. The other kind of post, making up about 80 to 90 percent of the posting space, consists of a handful of copied posts from the thread being repeated over and over and over and over again by the suspected shill and several other "members" of the forum, essentially clogging up the thread in an apparent attempt to drown out the voices of those members pointing out the "mistake".

I tell ya, it's the darnedest thing.

A Google search of some of the terms from that strange post allegedly turned up this:

You'll notice right above the word "SECRET" in that odd post the script for a .jpg named N.C.S.logo. National Clandestine Services. In the "location" below "SECRET" you find the acronym SAD. Could that refer to the NCS's Special Activities Division?

The Special Activities Division (SAD) is a division in the United States Central Intelligence Agency's (CIA) National Clandestine Service (NCS) responsible for covert operations known as "special activities". Within SAD there are two separate groups, one for tactical paramilitary operations and another for covert political action.[1] The Political Action Group within SAD is responsible for covert activities related to political influence, psychological and economic warfare. The rapid development of technology has added cyberwarfare to their mission.

Wikipedia

Pretty strange stuff, wouldn't you say?

Well, I just thought I'd toss this out there to see if anyone else besides me thought this was a tad queer. I'll leave the discussion to you folks. I'd like to provide some links for you, but I don't think I'm allowed. If you have any interest in looking into this for yourself I'm sure you will be able to find it.

Oh, and in case you didn't catch it, the topic under discussion on that other nameless forum was Sandy Hook.
edit on 29-3-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is an obvious hoax and can be proven as such with one simple application of logic...

The supposition is that a highly trained member of an elite intelligence agency accidentally copy/pasted a page from some situational guidelines manual during a conversation about a conspiracy.

So the logical question is... why did this person not just immediately edit the post back out or at least spin control the damage by going on to claim it to be a joke themselves?

Even in a worst case scenario the CIA would have contacted GLP to have the entire thread totally purged and GLP would have had no choice but to comply.

The NCS doesn't operate within the United States. Such operations, if they exist, are the provenance of the NSA and Cybercommand.

One doesn't even have to dig that far to see this for what it is. Sure, it is a psyop - but one that probably traces to somebody seeking lulz and not any actual government agencies. This would even be a lame op for an enemy of the US to try and undertake as the premise doesn't stand up under logical analysis.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is an obvious hoax and can be proven as such with one simple application of logic...

The supposition is that a highly trained member of an elite intelligence agency accidentally copy/pasted a page from some situational guidelines manual during a conversation about a conspiracy.

Why would someone with that person's job have to be a "highly trained member of an elite intelligence agency"? Couldn't they just hire nobodies to troll forums all day following a few simple guidelines with real time technical assistance from their superiors if they need it?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And just a mere coincidence that he was a Sandy Hook debunker right? Nah. In my opinion something real happened there. I could see it being a prank too but I have no problem believing its real either. You're saying there's no censorship of that topic? Please.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

You've obviously at least done surface research about the NCS and the SAD - enough to know that they don't hire amateur forum trolls.

Who We Are

We are an elite corps of men and women shaped by diverse ethnic, educational and professional backgrounds.
We conduct our clandestine mission worldwide.
We collect actionable human intelligence (HUMINT) that informs the U.S. President, senior policymakers, military, and law enforcement.
Core values guide our professional and personal actions.

Source

Just to be an intern requires advanced education:

Undergraduate Internship Program

The National Clandestine Service (NCS) Undergraduate Internship Program is designed to give a limited number of talented undergraduate students the opportunity to support the NCS mission. The NCS intern will be part of a unique world of important events and meaningful accomplishments.

Interns work at our Headquarters facility in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area with knowledgeable professionals.

Student internship positions offer salaries competitive with the private sector and the same benefits as federal employees.

Source

Still - ignoring all that - I reiterate that even if such an unthinkable faux-paus were to happen, the operative would simply edit out the post.

A page from a Federal agencies internal operations manuals would be classified. As such GLP would be forced to take it down. Hosting classified information is a crime.

It is a hoax.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

And from your response, I assume you've seen the actual thread in question. What do you make of the countless pages of spam from multiple users that began all of a sudden after the post under discussion was posted. Numerous members just decided to spontaneously begin repeatedly reposting a small handful of old posts, clogging up the thread for no reason? And the mods do absolutely nothing about it? Maybe I'm just simple, but that strikes me as highly weird.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

No more than the coincidence that Sandy Hook die hards will grasp at any straw and ignore logic in their desires to be right.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Urantia1111

No more than the coincidence that Sandy Hook die hards will grasp at any straw and ignore logic in their desires to be right.

Touche I guess. But that still doesn't make me believe the now "official story". I think the whole thing is highly fishy and that aside its just way to politically convenient. Meh. You believe what you like

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

You've obviously at least done surface research about the NCS and the SAD - enough to know that they don't hire amateur forum trolls.

Who We Are

We are an elite corps of men and women shaped by diverse ethnic, educational and professional backgrounds.
We conduct our clandestine mission worldwide.
We collect actionable human intelligence (HUMINT) that informs the U.S. President, senior policymakers, military, and law enforcement.
Core values guide our professional and personal actions.

Source

Just to be an intern requires advanced education:

So everybody who does any work for the CIA has an advanced education and is "elite"? What about all the covert contacts made by real intelligence operatives who might later be used for any number of smaller tasks, like maybe sitting at a computer and derailing threads? You know the CIA must have people who do that, and of course they wouldn't be wasting members of an "elite corps of men and women" to perform such an assignment. Any shmuck can follow a simple script. I don't think the fact that the post wasn't removed immediately (maybe it wasn't noticed right away if the person had several windows going at once) says very much.

In short, this may be nothing, but I feel your use of the terms "hoax" and "proof" may be a tad premature.

And I notice you've used the word hoax twice already. You're not planning to dump this in the hoax bin already based on your personal opinion, are you Heff?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I cannot moderate threads that I post in, so no.

I'm sure the CIA uses lower level operatives for all sorts of things. However, since they are legally precluded from operations within the Continental US it follows that any forum disruption involving US based issues would be handled by the NSA, FBI, or Cybercommand - with Cybercommand being the most likely tool for such an operation.

Aside from that, why the deflection from the points I have made? A classified document would not stay online for long - especially not in a forum like GLP, or ATS for that matter. Any actor or operative who made such a mistake would have edited it out or tried to spin it. The entire premise is flawed. I would buy that lulzsec might have done it, but not any intelligence agency. Especially not one of a first world nation.

Again, the very fact that the post is extant is proof that it is not real. Thus a hoax.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You could be right, sir, although I don't like to toss around the word "proof" quite so carelessly. Within a matter of four minutes that post was caught by at least one member of that forum who made a point of it and could have captured his or her own copy of it. Many others followed shortly thereafter. I'm not sure what the protocol would be in that situation. I feel the activity that occurred on the thread following that incredibly strange post speaks for itself. It's unfortunate that anyone reading this will have to do their own searching to find information on the alleged "busted shill". Hopefully they will be able to find that thread and decide for themselves how fishy it appears.

Interestingly, another member on that forum apparently tried to post a thread on this exact topic and it was deleted by the mods almost instantly.

Also, I've found other sites that picked up this story and I tried to visit their pages only to find they were "404'd" so to speak.

It's probably just because they hate hoaxes so much. Anywho, the story seems to be making the rounds. We'll see if it comes to anything. I'm off to bed for the night.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I'm sure the CIA uses lower level operatives for all sorts of things. However, since they are legally precluded from operations within the Continental US it follows that any forum disruption involving US based issues would be handled by the NSA, FBI, or Cybercommand - with Cybercommand being the most likely tool for such an operation.

One more thing though. Are you telling me that the CIA would never do anything it's legally precluded from doing? Are we talking about the same CIA? Or are you just implying that interfering in internet discussion forums (about Sandy Hook of all things), when it is done by the government, is only done through the proper and most obvious channels?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Pretty much this exact same situation occurred about a week ago, so if you completely disregard the fact that the CIA is strictly forbidden from conducting operations within the US, and that this happened on the forum it did.
You would think that any alleged shills would be on their toes concerning these types of mistakes.

But even with all that aside, shilling on that forum would be a waste of time and resources for the CIA. Conspiracy forums are just not as important to the Govt. as you would like to think they are.

Everything that happens on these sites is fed through Utah, that's more than adequate for the govt.
Are there shills? Yes. But they mostly work for political causes and lobbies.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
The National Clandestine Service. Ever heard of it?

The NCS is the Directorate of Operations, was the Directorate of Plans, might have been something else before that. Has been around since 1947, although they like to trace their heritage to OSS in WW2. Anyway, Secret information systems are segregated from the internet. If there really is some team in Langley going around debunking Sandy Hook conspiracies, each team member has at least two computers--one on CIA's classified network, and one on the internet. It is impossible to accidentally cut and paste a Secret document onto the internet.

Google suggests this originated on lunaticoutpost.com. The poster alleges it comes from godlikeproductions.com, but does not provide a link, and Google cannot find this post anywhere on GLP's domain.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

edit on 29-3-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: dupe post

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Pretty much this exact same situation occurred about a week ago, so if you completely disregard the fact that the CIA is strictly forbidden from conducting operations within the US, and that this happened on the forum it did.
You would think that any alleged shills would be on their toes concerning these types of mistakes.

This incident apparently occurred on the 24th, about 5 days ago. I just read about it last night, though. Someone just pointed out to me that ATS actually did have a thread about this incident. It's a super interesting read and you can find it here.

I think maybe you and I are talking about the same incident.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Google suggests this originated on lunaticoutpost.com. The poster alleges it comes from godlikeproductions.com, but does not provide a link, and Google cannot find this post anywhere on GLP's domain.

Actually, that wasn't me that mentioned GLP, it was Hefficide. I purposely didn't link to the thread itself (or even mention the name) because I suspect ATS doesn't allow links to competing discussion forums. I could be wrong about that.

However, if you Google the phrase medical type Sandy Hook (not in quotes) you may have more luck.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
your source seems to be connecting SH to the jews

i wouldn't waste too much time on it

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
your source seems to be connecting SH to the jews

i wouldn't waste too much time on it

I did not link to a source, but the thread I read did no such thing.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
FTR if I was wrong about the original source being GLP, I apologize. Sometimes wires get crossed as I read a lot of threads.

I do see that Google is also showing results for several other forums.

OP it is not a problem to mention which forum the post originated on - just please do not create a link. Some other sites will actually domain ban anyone if they follow a link from here to the other places.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join