It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Wants $4 Million for "Doomsday Bunker"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is a link to a 4-page Scribd document outlining a DOJ request for a Continuity-of-Government operations center (specifically, a "Catastrophic Continuity of Operations Site") ... but I don't know how to embed Scribd docs at ATS so apologies if you gotta click twice ...

The specific cost listed in the doc is $4,017,000. (Honestly, I actually kind of find that pretty cheap for a brand new facility.) In Die Hard 4 they all worked out of a trailer in the parking lot after SHTF.

edit on 29-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Try this link: www.scribd.com... I didn't even know there was a "National Security Division."

From Wiki:

The National Security Division is overseen by Assistant Attorney General David S. Kris. The Assistant Attorney General is assisted by three Deputy Assistant Attorney Generals, who are all career attorneys, who each oversee a different branch of the Division's sections.

Assistant Attorney General for National Security
Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Counterterrorism and Counterespionage
Counterterrorism Section
Counterespionage Section
Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Intelligence
Office of Intelligence
Operations Section
Oversight Section
Litigation Section
Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Law and Policy
Law and Policy Section
Office of Justice for Victims of Overseas Terrorism
Executive Office

edit on 29-3-2013 by charles1952 because: Add preliminary NSD info

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Try this link: www.scribd.com... I didn't even know there was a "National Security Division."

oh LOL, thanks - yeah that would be a possible alternative to embedding ... haha; I'm so used to embedding SCRIBD docs I forgot you could actually just link ...

edit on 29-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Like they don't already have their doomsday bunkers. What does he want 4 million for? A doomsday cocktail lunch on the first doomsday? A kind-of meet-and-greet the elected few that will survive?

I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952 I didn't even know there was a "National Security Division."

According to Wikipedia it was created in 2005 under the PATRIOT Act renewal -

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

LOL!!! Now that is funny. 4 milli might account for 1 year of the best Lobster, etc. for a period of time when they can come up for air.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It sounds like there could be a real estate business made for DD bunkers....anyone check out the local listings lately???

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Dont they already have such a thing?? Remember its what Oliver North used and is supposed to be under the White House or real close to it...So why spend more money that we dont have on something that we already have??

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Because they want to host a really swell party for the elites on the first domes-day. 4 million might cover the lavish cocktails and dinner.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by rangersdad

Because they want to host a really swell party for the elites on the first domes-day. 4 million might cover the lavish cocktails and dinner.

Dont forget the hookers!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Dont they already have such a thing?? Remember its what Oliver North used and is supposed to be under the White House or real close to it...So why spend more money that we dont have on something that we already have??

I don't know the answer to your question but I don't believe Oliver North worked for the Department of Justice.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

If I ever win the lottery one of my purchases is going to be a hardened bunker.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

If I ever win the lottery one of my purchases is going to be a hardened bunker.

Is that a euphemism for something?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He and the rest of them can have all the bunkers they want as long as they seal the escape hatches with Liquid Nails. I'll even buy them the first tube!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

No, he worked for a part of the government that has more control than the DOJ....

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

No, he worked for a part of the government that has more control than the DOJ....

Then what does your post, in which you said ...

Dont they already have such a thing?? Remember its what Oliver North used and is supposed to be under the White House or real close to it..

... have to do with this?

top topics

join