It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

small ats on big screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
the problem is that I get a small screen on a big screen....everything else is in proportion except for you guy's....running ASUS win 8......any ideas,

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
have you tried holding down control and moving the mouse wheel up and down?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I don't have a solution for your problem but Windows 8 Sucks!

Had to get it out of my chest.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

don't work..i'm sure there 's a simple solution.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Why? Explain, I want to know why. And this problem exists under all browsers... nothing to do with the OS.

God damn.. I swore I'd never use 8. But I did. And it became clear to me that why I hated it was because I thought it was different to what it really is. It's 7 with improvements. No one forces metro on you. And the desktop enhancements, imo, are things that have kept me in 8, rather than reinstalling 7. In fact, I could not go back to 7. It would feel limited and reduced.

Why? Don't just proclaim it fin.

Fords suck. Holdens rule.

OP, ctrl + mouse wheel should fix your small window.

The only problem with doing it that way is any page you open from an enlarged window, will be enlarged also. No problem from here, but it a link opens a new tab you'll have to resize it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Komonazmuk

don't work..i'm sure there 's a simple solution.

CTRL + mouse wheel scroll up and down, does not resize your window?

What browser are you using.

That works uniformly on all browsers I've tried. FF, Chrome, IE.

Try View, Zoom. and see if you can change it from there.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

All good..thanks.Must of been some mustard stuck in the button....now I can see big screen

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

If you don't use a mouse ( some of us dont) you can hold the ctrl button while pressing the plus button (+) or minus button (-) to make it larger or smaller.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Actually to be honest...i'm trying to get use of the wireless and a new system on big screen...love your pic

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Why? Explain, I want to know why. And this problem exists under all browsers... nothing to do with the OS.

Personally, the simple the better. The interface is horrible imo. I have only recently been using Windows 7 and it got some getting used to. Previously, I loved XP...and didn't want anything else. But, I'm gaming a lot on pc and most high end games requiere Windows 7 OS. Again, it's a personal preference and I'm very picky about my experience.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Because it's trendy to hate the newest version of windows.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Personally, the simple the better. The interface is horrible imo. I have only recently been using Windows 7 and it got some getting used to. Previously, I loved XP...and didn't want anything else. But, I'm gaming a lot on pc and most high end games requiere Windows 7 OS. Again, it's a personal preference and I'm very picky about my experience.

I guess, since I've come from using a z80 processor back in the 80's where I had to use actual machine code to write programs, 6502 processor, then moved onto a 8086 machine, then up to the 286, 386, 486 and so on architecture, then windows 3.11, 95, 98, NT, 2000, various Server installs cut back to a desktop environment, XP, vista (fleeting), 7 and now 8, the progression and learning curve has become less and less an encumbrance to me.

However, 8 is actually simpler than 7.

-- I lie a little bit. The one thing I had to do that I couldn't do out of the box, was Media Centre. Luckily I got in when they still offered a free install key. But as I've imaged the installed os I can revert to this if I need to reinstall.

Maybe it is just familiarity... I was dead set against this 'mobile orientated atrocity' when I first saw it. Now I can't imagine not having the start screen as it is.

Oo

-- OP !
Mustard, there's always some condiment getting in the way of things. If this keyboard did not have a billion little pressure pads under the keys, I'd be in there scraping out years worth of bread crumbs, cookie dust and stout. as it does contain a jigsaw puzzle, I have to live with it lol.

new topics

top topics

join