It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone's talking about God in one way or another.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im going to take a wild guess. Talking about god recently? maybe because of the new show "the bible" is on. Or maybe because its easter this sunday. Maybe both

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Tell us the story about your beloved car.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Tell us the story about your beloved car.

got it when i was 16, had it for 10 years now. I meet god in the back seat of that thing.

now it sits in the garage under a cover.

back on topic I think there is major changes coming and that is for the reason the topic of god is in everyones talks now a days. I know ive talked about faith more offten these past 6 months.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I am convinced that we're all engaged in an evolving conversation, and that as awareness grows so too will the conversation be about more meaningful and significant things, so that even when discussing the mundane, at some level we'll realize that we are talking metaphors and allegories that point to deeper realities and expressions.

Today I said to a stranger, who looked like an uneducated bum of sorts "nice day isn't it?" to which he replied with gusto "it's exquisite!"

The 20th century was the century of the self, and as we know the ego is largely blind to Reality, but I think eventually and during this century that we'll come out from under that dark blinding shadow and notice things and talk about things and experiences in a new light as a light under which the ego dissolves while the day remains as nothing less than exquisite.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

"It would seem freewill has a will of its own, and you are simply the observer not a participant. Zietgiest chooses the outcomes or the better ideaform to profligate whatever pos/neg that fits to form in that EXACT moment of creation. We are the progenitor but rarely are made aware of it (why is that) the thing we accidently created and what exactly did we change; intuited it is the only other recourse for validation of Self." Quote VHB

It must be noted that the Mechanism of Free Will, and the Utilisation of the Mechanism (with which we are gifted) would make it seem that it operates independant at times...nevertheless, the mechanism (conscious intent, or not) operates to produce whatever 'created' (which also can be an unconscious procedure) thought-form results...

OP could have reduced the title to...'we are all god talking about god, one way or the other'...that splintering of personality, and duality soporific, the locum mechanisms etc...are the concretised distractions that complicate...it was never intended to be this way, but once the mechanism was conferred, it produced results that were possible and probable (and did)...the 'created' cast members (of earlier times) louie et al, were/are beholden to the same mechanism (although there will be a point at which there is no return - but this is up to them who will continue to dismiss the connection)...the campfire story...with them staring blankly into the flames, not knowing whether to laugh or cry...or who the story was about...the personality module, already having been installed, will be removed...and the free will mechanism will be defunct (in effect, making the splinter a robotic borg)...that, my friends is the definition of hell (although, it can only be appreciated as such, from a position of choice)...other 'modules' still being extant to the cause...

A99

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"He did it AGAIN,

Thanks for making me bust out laughing. That was sooo funny!

Mine isn't as funny, but here it is.

I had to be about 5. I was outside and the mosquitoes were flying all around me. I yelled, "Jesus!" as I swatted them. The neighbor's young girl of the same age gasped. She said that I swore and that she was going to tell my mother.

In a panic I said, "NO! I was asking Jesus to help me with these mosquitoes!" She didn't tell. Phew!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And so we diverged, and I became a Christian and you, an atheist.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

And so we diverged, and I became a Christian and you, an atheist.

Well, did he help me with those mosquitoes? NOOO, but he almost got me into trouble!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think it's more about a spiritual things than it is about God interfering in matters of mosquitoes. .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wish someone would come along and just in a stream of consciousness express a great story about their life or something that happened, an occurrence, an event, either as a child or a youth or as an adult which looking back still seems to be significant in some way in terms of how it shaped and molded the continuing story of their life's journey, a formative event of some kind, but just freely relayed without trying to make it seem in any way metaphorical - I'd like to put the premise of the OP to the test and see if there isn't really much much more to these stories than meets the eye at first glance.

edit on 29-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Originally posted by akushla99

vethumanbeing
"It would seem freewill has a will of its own, and you are simply the observer not a participant. Zietgiest chooses the outcomes or the better ideaform to profligate whatever pos/neg that fits to form in that EXACT moment of creation. We are the progenitor but rarely are made aware of it (why is that) the thing we accidently created and what exactly did we change; intuited it is the only other recourse for validation of Self."

akushla99[/]
It must be noted that the Mechanism of Free Will, and the Utilisation of the Mechanism (with which we are gifted) would make it seem that it operates independant at times...nevertheless, the mechanism (conscious intent, or not) operates to produce whatever 'created' (which also can be an unconscious procedure) thought-form results...

I would say this equates to misplacing ones car after an evening of drinking, maybe hanging with the local penticostals (snake bit venom action). I wonder how and if Free Will is an independent agent operating on your behalf either for or against; the purpose of tricking you into an extreme causal creation "MODE". Operational orders: whatever happens make the occurance as perfect/useful as possible because there will be collateral damage done emotionally to this being and anyone else connected to its/the Creation.

akushla99
OP could have reduced the title to...'we are all god talking about god, one way or the other'...that splintering of personality, and duality soporific, the locum mechanisms etc...are the concretised distractions that complicate...it was never intended to be this way, but once the mechanism was conferred, it produced results that were possible and probable (and did)...the 'created' cast members (of earlier times) louie et al, were/are beholden to the same mechanism (although there will be a point at which there is no return - but this is up to them who will continue to dismiss the connection)...the campfire story...with them staring blankly into the flames, not knowing whether to laugh or cry...or who the story was about...the personality module, already having been installed, will be removed...and the free will mechanism will be defunct (in effect, making the splinter a robotic borg)...that, my friends is the definition of hell (although, it can only be appreciated as such, from a position of choice)...other 'modules' still being extant to the cause...A99

Reduced title perfect. It would seem we are all God trying to see if anyone else gets the joke that they are all God as well. Who blinks first or admits to that (to my mind) certainty. God purposely splintered our psyche at the moment it decided to cut us off. Was it trying to see who comes out of the experiment the more Masochistic? or was it experimenting with Sadism. Who truely knows the delicate subtle mind of God (who would wish to). You are right about the potencial creation of probabilities, there are a plethora of OUTCOMES (after we conquer all of the distractions of just finding shelter and FEEDING OURSELVES). I am penurally cast a part in this very bad Dinner Theater Production and I want to fire the director and writer of the play.

There has to be a point when everything that can happen has happened; it will not repeat itself because that would express a finite failure of the system in place. To know ALL finally (every permutation of every/any outcome) is the goal. We are at that point of no return you speak of; those that dismiss the connection are not valid and have no consequence. Hell will be whatever they make of it (might be a really big bonfire requiring supersized marshmallows).
edit on 30-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I wish someone would come along and just in a stream of consciousness express a great story about their life or something that happened, an occurrence, an event, either as a child or a youth or as an adult which looking back still seems to be significant in some way in terms of how it shaped and molded the continuing story of their life's journey, a formative event of some kind, but just freely relayed without trying to make it seem in any way metaphorical - I'd like to put the premise of the OP to the test and see if there isn't really much much more to these stories than meets the eye at first glance.

edit on 29-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

I was 3 and 1/2 years of age. I was just going to sleep in a second floor space shared with my brothers. A giant honey bee at least as large as I was appeared above my body hovering; wings indeterminate fuzz buzzing; its legs and antennae moving. It spoke to me. I am THE God symbol in that I am the creator of your sustinance, this visit is to explain to you that I am you and one day you will realize you are me here on earth finally in the flesh and bone. With that a thunking sound of very low hertz quality and a strong ozone smell. The Bee is the ultimate symbol for God. I was groomed from a very early age.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Yes and now you speak in allegory and metaphor that at times can hardly be understood by anyone else so it proves the point I was making in the OP.

Probably at the very precise moment that you become completely unintelligible we will know that you're just buzzing along on another hertz frequency and that you appear to us as but a fuzzy buzzy blurr.

But who and what was buzzy fuzzy, wazzi a Bee for you and me?

edit on 30-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yes and now you speak in allegory and metaphor that at times can hardly be understood by anyone else so it proves the point I was making in the OP.

Probably at the very precise moment that you become completely unintelligible we will know that you're just buzzing along on another hertz frequency and that you appear to us as but a fuzzy buzzy blurr.

edit on 30-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

Is that all you have? You mock sincerity? I cannot help those that have no imagination. There are many that understand me and are listening to truths hidden in plain sight. My words are spoken for them, your platform is as good as any to express them. The Bee was ME speaking to Itself; and this actually happened, it is my first memory ever as a concious humanbeing.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You misunderstand I was just playing around and alluding to the idea that you're a bee in the making and that you get the joke and therefore sometimes can't be clearly understood by others.

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

I was trying to pay you the highest compliment.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Dear NewAgeMan,

Your responses will reveal whether you have been punk'd by God or not.

Godsmacked for me. LOL. I was getting ready to go byebye and he hit me in the head with a 2 by 4. There are things that go through your mind when you know you are about to die. Your whole perspective changes. We have so many people who have had NDEs and the similarities are cross cultural. I particularly enjoy hearing NDEs that doctors or Atheists have, same experience. Why do so many reject the NDE, it it is simple, they don't like the answer and the answer is that this reality is not all there is and there are consequences for the actions we take here. Peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You misunderstand I was just playing around and alluding to the idea that you're a bee in the making and that you get the joke and therefore sometimes can't be clearly understood by others.

But I am not a Bee in the making. The Bee symbolizes what I am. If others do not understand me they bypass the posts. Jigsaw puzzle writing can be tiresome; that however is the way I think (in the abstract form) you called it a few posts back-- and yes it is free associative.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

To note: It seems that it is expected that exposes appear as allegory and metaphor...not much doesn't, from physics to spirituality...there is a point though (and this phrase shouldn't appear as superior/inferior comparison) at which the fuzziness disappears - becomes sharper - what you see, and what you understand is no longer that swishing phantasmagorical, undefined blob...there is no 'snake eyes' to make out the form of your 'unfortunate' creation...or your 'serendipitous' discovery through creative associations...personal illuminations aside, there is a common/shared, baseline phase where no more questions can get asked (not necessarily explained)...until the next phase...
This locum is serving the purpose it was made for...through and with us...yes 'mistakes' have been made (at all 'levels' of the corporation), but, staying true to the course is what potentially propels individuals from one phase to the next (whether this is averred/realised, is another topic)...

In effect, we all have something to say about ourselves/god...the capacity to do this is more than just an accident...

A99

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I did misunderstand, I had a nanosecond thoughtform of taking myself too seriously. But it is serious, deadly play I engage in (the one of enlightenment), you pulled a me on me and succeeded; the buzz? more a whisper, "all is not as it seems".

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by akushla99

akushla99
To note: It seems that it is expected that exposes appear as allegory and metaphor...not much doesn't, from physics to spirituality...there is a point though (and this phrase shouldn't appear as superior/inferior comparison) at which the fuzziness disappears - becomes sharper - what you see, and what you understand is no longer that swishing phantasmagorical, undefined blob...there is no 'snake eyes' to make out the form of your 'unfortunate' creation...or your 'serendipitous' discovery through creative associations...personal illuminations aside, there is a common/shared, baseline phase where no more questions can get asked (not necessarily explained)...until the next phase...
This locum is serving the purpose it was made for...through and with us...yes 'mistakes' have been made (at all 'levels' of the corporation), but, staying true to the course is what potentially propels individuals from one phase to the next (whether this is averred/realised, is another topic)...
In effect, we all have something to say about ourselves/god...the capacity to do this is more than just an accident...A99

These to me appear to be glimpses of something, genious, the birth or beginning of something you created? Maybe something you are manefesting from a higher dimension that is lowering in frequency (how could that be), although it makes no sense to create something and have it disapear into a higher dimension. So presented with something you cant fix relevance to (you caused it) is it the observer that gives it full form and meaning and is the "next phase". Everyone looking for answers or proof of God, are we actually supposed to create It ourselves?
I have always been suspicious of the mantra "God made MAN in its own image". I think the truth is entirely opposite. Man is God therefore the creator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join