It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone's talking about God in one way or another.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Talkin' 'bout God...

As much as paperfolding should be left to experts of origami...there is a point to the, 'I've got something to say of significance - that is relevant and should be acknowledged - positively or negatively)...

...and it behooves us all to listen with 'open' ears, and 'see' with open eyes, and understand with 'open' minds...the myriad of facets that we are presented with/present ourselves with (at the least), to come to an understanding that is but a waypoint to a greater understanding...(and so on and so forth)...it is not so much that the waypoint 'conclusion' is wrong - merely a viewpoint...the kind of 'I can see all, at the same time' viewpoint is rare, and confusing to a particularist...the chaotic is too easily averred...as the spume is to the crashing waves of thought...

...at certain times, it is best to reflect on the carnage of it...piece it together into meaningful/unmeaningful images that may or may not be vessels that 'hold water'...waypoints...I will design a new vessel to contain the more ethereal notions that cannot be contained, or should not be contained...Arjuna was once adjured to rein in the stallion of chaotic thought - that can/could and does produce its own concretised reality...in perfect line with our legacious gift of creation...the double-edged sword of truth...

A99

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
The next part of the story. Someone else I know had asked me what I had preached about and I told them, I preached about forgiveness and letting go of the past to move forward in our relationship with God. He flipped, literally flipped out and began screaming and cussing over the phone. This is a person who claims to be a christian and plans on getting a masters in Theology. There are some things that he refuses to forgive.

That's absolutely hilarious and how you became a preacher and what you preach about, it all fits!

I sense the humor of understanding and tolerances and acceptance in you, my young Jedi (allegorically).

That is the sword which slices away that which was preventing people from having an authentic relationship with God as the Spirit of wholeness and integrity, because it's restorative.

I was just thinking earlier today in fact how a friend of mine who does a high school addiction and bullying program ought to focus much moreso on forgiveness as the transformation threshold point, but he says that advice of ANY kind is abhorrent, so I also realized that I couldn't tell him to beef up that side of his program so I didn't bother telling him, and I was inspirational to him at another time in the past and he knows what he's doing.

A lack of forgiveness is the only thing standing between us and God.

That's so funny about your Theological friend, so funny! Keep in touch with him as you might successfully drive him mad to the point of breaking.. and of course you'll do it with the same simple message, which I suppose for some might make it all the more maddening in its simplicity.

Good for you.

You do know that it's hilarious though right, just about ALL OF IT..?

edit on 29-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo fixed.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
in perfect line with our legacious gift of creation...the double-edged sword of truth...

A99

The problem with that sword is it's the only one, it's sharp as a razor blade of reason and logic, and if and when you attempt to wield it, it slices both ways.

It is said in the Bible that such a sword comes out of the mouth of Christ.

I'm always trying to hand it over to people on bended knee, handle extended (because I don't want to have too much to do with it and so it's best to try to hand it off) while admonishing them that it's very sharp and very double-edged (cuts both ways).

Legacious isn't a word though I don't mean to criticize, but it would be nice to know what you intended to mean with that adjective.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Dear NewAgeMan,

LOL.

That's absolutely hilarious and how you became a preacher and what you preach about, it all fits! I sense the humor of understanding and tolerances and acceptance in you, my young Jedi (allegorically).

The joke seems to be on me. I don't see how any of it fits. ROFL. It is ridiculous to me. Also turns out that our lead Pator and the other elder all had NDEs. We didn't know what had in common and it is very little. It is the perfect church for me, the women are mostly Lesbians and I don't have to worry about having them hit up on me. What if God told you that his name was Jaime, how long would it take you to get the joke? Tell me when you do, it may take a little time or your might already know.

When I almost died the last time, I knew it was coming, my doctors had told me what to watch for. They have spent ridiculous amounts of money to tell me that I should be dead, I have had every test that one can have. I got better when I stopped seeing my doctor and stopped taking the pills. They thought I would have immediately died; but, here I am almost 5 years later and doing better than when I listened to them. People ask me what I look for in a woman and I say, "Poor eyesight". If you asked me what Iook for in God, it is a poor judge of character, someone that would accept me even though I am imperfect. I used to say that I would be happy being the janitor in heaven, getting in is good enough for me, I know I am imperfect. LOL.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

in perfect line with our legacious gift of creation...the double-edged sword of truth...

A99

Legacious isn't a word though I don't mean to criticize, but it would be nice to know what you intended to mean with that adjective.

It is a word; the meaning is combined-Legacy/Legal. You have ancestry authorised by Law to do what thy wilt but must equal an/the enforced bequest (these are not easy concepts),.
edit on 29-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The joke seems to be on me. I don't see how any of it fits. ROFL. It is ridiculous to me.

That's why you get it. An NDE leadership of a Gay and Lesbian church, with you an up and coming Pastor extraordinaire - can't you see how appropriate it all is?

This one's for you, and Jaime..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

A99

It is a word; the meaning is combined-Legacy/Legal. You have ancestry authorised by Law to do what thy wilt but must equal an/the enforced bequest (these are not easy concepts),.

And it (the bequeathed double edged sword) comes out of the mouth of Christ in The Revelation of John.

What do you DO with it once it's in your possession though that's what I'd like to know, because it's capable of cutting us all to pieces, starting with the one who wields it, unless...unless it's used only to cut away all ignorance and stupidity..?

Tell us what we ought to be doing with the double edged sword of truth now that it's come down to us, and it wasn't as he "wilt" but as God willed it, even Jesus himself was hoping that the cup of a sorrowful fate might pass from him, and there was an easy getaway path leading straight from the Garden of Gethsemane to the desert and the trading caravans he once rode as a young man.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

A99

Thank you VHB...exactly what it means...a double edged sword, with built-in 'invisibiliser'/wardrobe lady, with credits being thrown to other cast members...responsibility is taken, and hardly ever conferred with grace ensuing...
...that is the 'narrow path' mentioned by prophetic archetypes and messengers (who end up getting shot)...

A99

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dear NewAgeMan,

That was hilarious. A couple months ago, I had one of the lesbians approach me after church and tell me that they did not know that I was straight. They didn't think a straight pastor could love them all. It broke my heart. The lead pastor has really big, you know what. Once he was beaten by two men with baseball bats for telling some gay people that God loved everyone including gays. I receive absolutely no money for preaching, I pay to preach in fact. I really don't love preaching, it makes me wake up early on Sundays. I love knowing that gays know that straight Christians can still love everyone including them.

I actually respect agnostics more than Atheists, you can never know that something does not exist unless you have all knowledge. That is how God fools the smartest of us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

That is how God fools the smartest of us.

That reminds me of this post

Originally posted by troubleshooter
from the OP of the thread Have you been Punk'd by God the Master conspirator?

God's Conspiracy is to blindside the wise, learned, mighty and noble...
...and most of you have been punk'd.

God first said He would do this through His prophet Isaiah who wrote in the 8th century BC...

"...behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid." Isaiah 29:14

Paul quotes from Isaiah in his first letter to Corinth (one of the undisputed letters of Paul)...

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent (learned, intelligent). 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" 1 Corinthians 1:19-20

He did it by turning the human notions of wisdom on its head...

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:" 1 Corinthians 1:26-28

God designed a way to reveal Himself that would be rejected by the world's best and brightest...
...and it is still blindsiding those who think they are special because of wealth, education or power.

How did God punk most of you?

He revealed Himself as a babe, conceived and born in scandal...
...as a man He healed the sick, sided with the oppressed and raised the dead...
...He opposed the religious and secular elite...
...who executed Him for telling them who He really was...
...but He then turned this corporate murder into a victory over death itself.

Paul said it like this...
"...the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God...the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

Your responses will reveal whether you have been punk'd by God or not.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My mother liked to use the saying, for those most beaten down and feeling unworthy - "God don't make junk".

Or if they were a little more literate or sophisticated, with the proper grammar but it sticks in the head better the other way.

edit on 29-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

akushla99
Talkin' 'bout God...
As much as paperfolding should be left to experts of origami...there is a point to the, 'I've got something to say of significance - that is relevant and should be acknowledged - positively or negatively)...

I would like to be heard is all and I have the best listener EVER (or so it continues to tell me so).

akushla99
...and it behooves us all to listen with 'open' ears, and 'see' with open eyes, and understand with 'open' minds...the myriad of facets that we are presented with/present ourselves with (at the least), to come to an understanding that is but a waypoint to a greater understanding...(and so on and so forth)...it is not so much that the waypoint 'conclusion' is wrong - merely a viewpoint...the kind of 'I can see all, at the same time' viewpoint is rare, and confusing to a particularist...the chaotic is too easily averred...as the spume is to the crashing waves of thought...

We have but one viewpoint our own, we see distances and all of us have that waypoint wherein the object of scutiny fades or fails to represent itself anymore; something as simple as someone waving their arms and when exactly is the moment of non recognistion? My Waves are lemon yellow and rectangular shaped crashing on a beach to the orchestrations of Stravinskys 'The Rite of Spring'.

akushla99
...at certain times, it is best to reflect on the carnage of it...piece it together into meaningful/unmeaningful images that may or may not be vessels that 'hold water'...waypoints...I will design a new vessel to contain the more ethereal notions that cannot be contained, or should not be contained...Arjuna was once adjured to rein in the stallion of chaotic thought - that can/could and does produce its own concretised reality...in perfect line with our legacious gift of creation...the double-edged sword of truth...A99

Any representative IDEA in any form that can be transcribed intuited will transmute the thoughtform. 2D, Sculpturally expressing the sublime relationships; the yelp of the fauna vs the floras innocence, no one is observing. Your creations are releases or opportunity for a brand new better bandwidth aka vision revealed? For me it is destroying paradyms and giving opportunity for new ones to evolve (I hate the babysitting aspect of it and that I might implode myself).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

Perfect. In this case, nothing more needs to be said. Thanks for that. Beautiful! Finally, you've made a post that I understand perfectly, as if you are no LONGER speaking in incomprehensible metaphors although I'm sure you yet will as the thread progresses we'll see (try to make them intelligible). Thanks again vethumanbeing, and remember to treat the cats with the utmost respect they deserve.

The square peg has to fit the round hole at some point (whittling away factor).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

"Any representative IDEA in any form that can be transcribed intuited will transmute the thoughtform. 2D, Sculpturally expressing the sublime relationships; the yelp of the fauna vs the floras innocence, no one is observing. Your creations are releases or opportunity for a brand new better bandwidth aka vision revealed? For me it is destroying paradyms and giving opportunity for new ones to evolve (I hate the babysitting aspect of it and that I might implode myself). Quote VHB

That's a really succinct expression...I am grateful to have heard it...question posited and all...

...I guess the 'win' for babysitting (situationally and performance speaking) is that there is a payoff, of sorts...and just like that paltry wad of cash eventually helps the greater economy - the 'babysitting' eventually helps the greater soul group...lifting it en masse onto different levels of understanding/misunderstanding...
...revealed, obfuscated...
...both have thier 'plusses'...
...revelation as addition...
...obfuscation as 'removal of infornation'...

Deduction and reduction are different, by process (neither empirically correct)...perhaps even forming the same finished jigsaw...but/and on an individual layer of expression, 'personality' module can kick in - 'ceci n'est pas une pipe'!...when clearly, it is!

...some 'conditions' exhibit this process 'in plain sight'...read Oliver Sachs, bulemia/anorexia, narcissism, depression (a case in point)...

...that's the 'individual' level...groups being governed (not an accurate word to use) by a type of (dare I say it), democratic conditions...

Everyone's talking as a God in one way or another.

A99

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

"Any representative IDEA in any form that can be transcribed intuited will transmute the thoughtform. 2D, Sculpturally expressing the sublime relationships; the yelp of the fauna vs the floras innocence, no one is observing. Your creations are releases or opportunity for a brand new better bandwidth aka vision revealed? For me it is destroying paradyms and giving opportunity for new ones to evolve (I hate the babysitting aspect of it and that I might implode myself). Quote VHB

That's a really succinct expression...I am grateful to have heard it...question posited and all...
...I guess the 'win' for babysitting (situationally and performance speaking) is that there is a payoff, of sorts...and just like that paltry wad of cash eventually helps the greater economy - the 'babysitting' eventually helps the greater soul group...lifting it en masse onto different levels of understanding/misunderstanding...
...revealed, obfuscated...
...both have thier 'plusses'...
...revelation as addition...
...obfuscation as 'removal of infornation'...

One would hope for a payoff, there is problem of monetary gain; if achieved you become an automatic sell out, your vision is spoiled and oddly dirtied by 'mass consumption' your creation becomes a knee jerk response; lowered to the mundane. You become immediately yesterdays news. The revelation is shortlived, you always have the up and comer at your ankles, nipping the heels. No Thing is ever going to be as permanent as the Bible, not music, not philosophy, the only thing that can usurp that book is another one taking its place (more realistic that fits our age). Success is a trick question, you become a mass commodity; marginalized, you only want the bare foot genious to recognise you. Small audience, what are you willing to give up as a savant totally overlooked. Jackson Pollack, Kurt Cobaine, there are so many that could not rectify success with instant old news failure. Pop Culture Mentality. Jesus would not appreciate his fate in THIS WORLD OF 'you are in and NOW you are out'.

akushla99
Deduction and reduction are different, by process (neither empirically correct)...perhaps even forming the same finished jigsaw...but/and on an individual layer of expression, 'personality' module can kick in - 'ceci n'est pas une pipe'!...when clearly, it is!
...some 'conditions' exhibit this process 'in plain sight'...read Oliver Sachs, bulemia/anorexia, narcissism depression (a case in point)...
...that's the 'individual' level...groups being governed (not an accurate word to use) by a type of (dare I say it), democratic conditions...
Everyone's talking as a God in one way or another.A99

I would imagine through deduction and reduction the jigsaw puzzel would ultimately form itself into the same conclusion of 'ceci n'es pas'. It is all in plain sight my frustration is the hidden or appearance thereof the groups governing as false democracies, the churches of the realm march stepping. The individual personality will overcome this; brave soul must be.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Would God and or Jesus in this environment become sell outs? Monetary gain immense if able to convince the masses they are what they appeared to be. I see no difference regarding the best musicians and fine artists of the individuals era. Methodical suicide is the salvation for a vision (martrdom) unspoiled and everlasting, as a very dark and familiar concept. Jesus destroyed its own potencial of TRUE paradym change by choosing to DIE rather than to LIVE "Cowardace abounds" Figure in the cost of a promoter, a pending deal with Mercury Records constant drummer with kit changes and a film crew that wants to document you as "Spinal Tap 2, Jesus Christ the megasuperstar". It could be a win win or a leap into the Old Yeller Abyss, "Shane where are you Shane".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

"I would imagine through deduction and reduction the jigsaw puzzel would ultimately form itself into the same conclusion of 'ceci n'es pas'. It is all in plain sight my frustration is the hidden or appearance thereof the groups governing as false democracies, the churches of the realm march stepping. The individual personality will overcome this; brave soul must be. " quote VHB

...truer still!...by all counts...

This talk of intentional/unintentional manipulation, of others - ourselves, is the zietgeist where free will chooses what image/metaphor/simalacrum stands beneath the spotlight to claim the recent lead role...archetypes of positive and negative value, having thier own deduction/reduction processes - and forming the same finished jigsaw...

...and while I've experienced the made-up finished product (not the least, of my own), there is a distinction in reduction/deduction outcomes...in one, transformative (new forms) are possible...in the other, the form can only be formed minus divested properties, until it asks the same questions as originally proposed...

...the individual is key, and must be brave...and flexibility takes bravery, right intent, commitment...

A99

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

This talk of intentional/unintentional manipulation, of others - ourselves, is the zietgeist where free will chooses what image/metaphor/simalacrum stands beneath the spotlight to claim the recent lead role...archetypes of positive and negative value, having thier own deduction/reduction processes - and forming the same finished jigsaw...

It would seem freewill has a will of its own, and you are simply the observer not a participant. Zietgiest chooses the outcomes or the better ideaform to profligate whatever pos/neg that fits to form in that EXACT moment of creation. We are the progenitor but rarely are made aware of it (why is that) the thing we accidently created and what exactly did we change; intuited it is the only other recourse for validation of Self.

akushla99
...and while I've experienced the made-up finished product (not the least, of my own), there is a distinction in reduction/deduction outcomes...in one, transformative (new forms) are possible...in the other, the form can only be formed minus divested properties, until it asks the same questions as originally proposed...
...the individual is key, and must be brave...and flexibility takes bravery, right intent, commitment...A99

You are perfectly capable of transmuting ideas/objects into functioning rayguns. I destroy concepts in order to make room for newer more destructive ideaforms to manifest. If one takes away from something, it along with your idea simplifies a subconcious thought. The simpler it is the purer it becomes and in so doing becomes unencombered; your natural spirit takes over intent, it is an exceptionally straight arrow flying into its intended target; Someones Heart.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The metaphors and the allegories of the stories of life are life itself.

This above sums it up... for me anyway.

"Life" Stories are unique and very powerful on an individual and when you add them up, on the collective as well. This is life NAM, I totally agree.

The Word is so powerful and creative.

We live the life of Adam and the spoken word brings it all to life.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sometimes...a cigar is just a smoke. I think you're making a little much out of this.
edit on 29-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join