It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud ‘Coils’ Captured by Earth-Observing Satellite

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

www.universetoday.com...
MARCH 28, 2013

These are some of the strangest looking clouds I’ve seen from the fleet of Earth-observing satellites. These coil-like or bow-wave-shaped clouds were created by the clouds passing over the Prince Edward Islands, in the south Indian Ocean. It was taken by the Terra satellite with the MODIS instrument (Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer) on March 26, 2013.

NASA says MODIS is playing a vital role in the development of validated, global, interactive Earth system models able to predict global change accurately enough to assist policy makers in making sound decisions concerning the protection of our environment.

What are your thoughts? Could this be a HAARP conspiracy again???

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

www.universetoday.com...
MARCH 28, 2013

These are some of the strangest looking clouds I’ve seen from the fleet of Earth-observing satellites. These coil-like or bow-wave-shaped clouds were created by the clouds passing over the Prince Edward Islands, in the south Indian Ocean. It was taken by the Terra satellite with the MODIS instrument (Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer) on March 26, 2013.

NASA says MODIS is playing a vital role in the development of validated, global, interactive Earth system models able to predict global change accurately enough to assist policy makers in making sound decisions concerning the protection of our environment.

What are your thoughts? Could this be a HAARP conspiracy again???

Makes me think of this when i see patterns like that..

Cymatics! It could be the natural vibration of our planet..or a Solar sound wave? LOL thats probably not possible..but still awesome to think about! Cheers S&F cool thread!

edit on 3/28/2013 by DjembeJedi because: not finished

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Pretty cool.

Looks like a Tornado wind tunnel.

I don't if it's Harrp related, but looks cool.

That video was killing my ears though.

edit on 28-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From the original post

These coil-like or bow-wave-shaped clouds were created by the clouds passing over the Prince Edward Islands, in the south Indian Ocean.

Could be the interference of the island geography with the winds and whatnot causing a pattern break in the clouds, which over distance spreads, into that cone shape? Well, that would be the guess I could come up with. It looks very natural, though unique, but still natural - to me at least.

edit on 3/28/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sound waves in the clouds.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The "NMST Radar Facility" aka "National Atmospheric Research Laboratory" is nearby on the Southern part of India. Thats the most likely culprit in my book.

Anyone remember the "Norway spiral" near the EISCAT site? The cone leading up to the spiral looks very similar to the shape of this cloud pattern.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Could this be a HAARP conspiracy again???

Is there a HAARP conspiracy that supports vapor clouds in the ionosphere?

Since HAARP operates in the ionosphere, that would be quite a silly conspiracy theory.

These are Altocumulus undulatus clouds. Cumulus clouds caused by wind shear....in the stratosphere, where they belong.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

When you are beaming huge wattage up to the ionosphere, does it not go through the rest of the atmosphere to get there?

Silly, indeed.

But I will google the term you gave to be sure anyways.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That is a trip...

If I were to guess what the Norway Spiral looked like from a Satellite pic, this would be it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

My thoughts exactly. Few posts ahead of ya

I not gonna say it "has" to be HAARP-esque tech, but that's where my brain went immediately.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wonder if... at the moment they snapped that photo --- someone five thousand feet below looked up and said...

"Hey! What's that strange sound in the sky?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

HAARP only has an effect in the near vacuum of the ionosphere. It cannot have any effect on the lower atmosphere. Lookup why a neon lamp glows from externally induced electromagnetic influence. Science is your friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I wonder if there are any towers on the island. The towers in certain areas give off a sound when the wind blows, something like a big flute. I don't know why the ancient people built those harmonic towers. Maybe they liked the music, maybe it was a way to find your way home if you were lost.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

So if i were to get up on a big step ladder and sit a few feet above the HAARP array in Gakona while they powered up, nothing would happen to me? It's only 3.6 million watts ERP right?

As a RF engineer, I hardly think that amount of RF wattage could have "no effect" on anything until it arrives at the ionosphere.

Consider this debate, not an accusatory rant.

I recommend the following FOIA documents for those interested/ignorant of HAARP:

www.wired.com...
foia.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth
I wonder if... at the moment they snapped that photo --- someone five thousand feet below looked up and said...

You mean something like this?

(thats what your post reminded me of) Me, I have no idea.
edit on 28-3-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 28-3-2013 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
it looks as though its originating from that small island(?) or whatever that is. hurricane-creating machine?
maybe some group is shooting sound waves out trying to locate something, i.e. sonar

if those "cloud-waves" are man-made, I would bet that bill gates is behind it... didn't he want to control hurricanes?

i would like to know if this anomaly is constant or just captured once.

vibrating particles in the ionosphere would produce heat. if this is being done on purpose, could this be the actual man-made global warming. those bow-wave shaped clouds look like they extend a good thousand miles or so. conspiracy-senses tingling.

edit on 28-3-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I do wish we could see more of the ground through the clouds. Then we could pinpoint the source of the disturbance. It very well could be terrestrial features disturbing airflow at the cloud layer and, thus, creating this pattern as mentioned by charlyv. But my first thought is RF emissions on a large scale.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

Originally posted by the_philth

You mean something like this?
Saskatoon Sky Sounds Nov. '12
(thats what your post reminded me of) Me, I have no idea.
edit on 28-3-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)
Precisely!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yeah I posted some pics of something similar once and phage came on and said they were "normal". Yeah like ball lightening
Been on this earth 52 years and never heard of or saw ball lightening before and anyone I've mention it to never has either.

That cloud anomaly is more likely HAARP action of some sort.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Bilk22 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join