It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused by a dream...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've never posted in this forum and was reluctant to do so, but I had an interesting dream last night which left me at a loss for words (which is rare lol )

I was in a cave lit by candle light... with whitish cave walls...

There was one other man standing with me... I don't remember his face, but he was standing at the entrance to a small room. This room had a drop of about 5-6 feet to the actual floor, and in the center was a rock formation.

The man was looking down where the floor was...

Now I have a little condition with my shoulder in real life, it easily dislocates so climbing anything where my arms might go over my head is not something I would normally do... but In this dream I felt the need to climb down... so I did.

Once I got to the floor there was a man crouching under an overhang from the rock formation in a whitish robe with long hair and a goatee (very similar to most depictions of Jesus)... Not a very hansom man, his eyes were very sunken in, and small.

He was crying so I went over to see what was wrong... Now what came out of my mouth when I knelt down was very unexpected for me...

I put my hand on his arm and said... " why will you leave us Lord?"

this is very out of character for myself to call anyone lord but that's what came out... (very weird)

With tears in his eyes he looked at me and said... "the sins of the many out weight the sins of the few"

Then I woke up...

Now I know the bible probably better then most... but that is nothing I've ever heard or read before...

I don't know what to make of this dream...

Yes of course its just a dream... maybe I've been reading to many ancient texts lately, I don't know...

Any insight from people reading this is appreciated

Thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's a very interesting dream... did you feel the man was Jesus? Or is this maybe a fear of yours? That we will be left behind?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshSqueezedSunshine
reply to post by Akragon

That's a very interesting dream... did you feel the man was Jesus? Or is this maybe a fear of yours? That we will be left behind?

thanks for replying

I really don't know... I called him lord... Which is not something I would do...

It can't be based on a fear, in my beliefs no one is ever "left behind"... I didn't mention that I am not Christian.

ALL will be saved

I don't fear death, or non admittance to the afterlife

I have heard theories that dreams are actually people remembering past lives... Not that I put much weight on that argument... but anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do you feel vulnerable about any situations presently??

I have had a few dreams about being "left behind" and so has my mother. She is very much a Christian. I was raised Christian, but have my own beliefs now. I thought those were kinda fear based dreams regarding our faith. But more-so I think they have something to do with feeling abandoned or vulnerable. At least in my situations!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Do you feel vulnerable about any situations presently??

Not at all...

Im very secure and happy in life... my beliefs are rock solid as well...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The fact that you are reading so many ancient texts lately could have something to do with it.

Keep track of the dreams (and tell us) that you have in the next couple of days .... Would be interesting to see it there was a continuation to all of this.

Either way, an interesting dream. Obviously it stirred you inside somehow and made you think. This is good enough!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sounds like the Jeezter was getting ready to leave Holyville and head out to
Sodom and Gomorah for some more "dirty work"

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not very good at interpreting dreams, but I will say this: Some of the greatest Gnostic writings were first dreamt up, and some say John the Revelator dreamed up the entirety of the Book of Revelations.

Perhaps this was trying to tell you something about yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hello! I'm a new member, and this is my first reply, but I wanted to let you know that a google search of "the sins of the many outweigh the sins of the few" resulted in a blog from a James Spurgeon concerning "government and tyranny." Perhaps, in your dream, Jesus is lamenting the greed and corruption we've been seeing in the world's governments? Or were you reading anything political prior to going to sleep that might have triggered subconscious thoughts? I do believe in Jesus and I found this too much of a coincidence...

Link:
jamesspurgeon.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintang
The fact that you are reading so many ancient texts lately could have something to do with it.

Keep track of the dreams (and tell us) that you have in the next couple of days .... Would be interesting to see it there was a continuation to all of this.

Either way, an interesting dream. Obviously it stirred you inside somehow and made you think. This is good enough!

This is actually why its so weird to me... Im always reading ancient texts, its like a hobby of mine... and has been for close to ten years now, but I've never had a dream like this.

I remember crying in this dream just as touched this man as well...

Thanks for your reply... You too passedKarma!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You're welcome.

I feel that dreams can represent many things. I feel that you can dream of past lives. I feel that you can dream of premonitions. I feel also that there may be flux's in dimensions between the dream world and the physical realm as I have experience odd things relating to all of these things.

I also think that you can get messages relayed from loved ones who have passed. Spirit guides and even other possible life forms.

I've got a friend who is wonderful at interpreting dreams, do you mind if I share your dream with him for his thoughts?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RoundAbout

Hello! I'm a new member, and this is my first reply, but I wanted to let you know that a google search of "the sins of the many outweigh the sins of the few" resulted in a blog from a James Spurgeon concerning "government and tyranny." Perhaps, in your dream, Jesus is lamenting the greed and corruption we've been seeing in the world's governments?

Hey thanks man.... I didn't even think of doing a search on that line... lol

Or were you reading anything political prior to going to sleep that might have triggered subconscious thoughts?

I can't read things that don't interest me... Politics is all about lies... which I never read about or have any interest in... I don't even vote. I don't see a point when all parties are full of paid liars...

I do believe in Jesus and I found this too much of a coincidence...

I believe in Jesus as well, but not in the same way the Christian faith does... but this is beside the point.

Thanks you for your reply

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshSqueezedSunshine

I feel that dreams can represent many things. I feel that you can dream of past lives. I feel that you can dream of premonitions. I feel also that there may be flux's in dimensions between the dream world and the physical realm as I have experience odd things relating to all of these things.

I also think that you can get messages relayed from loved ones who have passed. Spirit guides and even other possible life forms.

As I've said previously I think anything is possible... I don't really try to understand what dreams are about... most times I usually just shrug them off.

Jesus is the man though, and the only biblical figure I will ever quote when in a religious discussion here... so I had to ask the community since I do feel this to be my "extended family"

And im not saying it was him... but even the image association is fascinating..

I've got a friend who is wonderful at interpreting dreams, do you mind if I share your dream with him for his thoughts?

Please do

edit on 28-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My first impression, is that you are picking up that a cosmic decision has been made, (judgement, wrath,) and but it makes God upset, it weighs heart heavy.
Thats just me, what do I know.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I gotta say, that is a really deep and meaningful dream.

Perhaps you are connecting with the universal consciousness which weeps over the horrific sin which seems to be encompassing our planet. Perhaps you did see Jesus in your dream: Weary, heartbroken, and sick of the rejection of all that is good.

Was Jesus not buried in a cave, and then left after 3 days?

Just some thoughts...thanks for sharing your dream.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow... thank you all for your replies...

some of these interpretations are burning a hole in my head...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just had a thought on this dream...

recently I did dislocate my shoulder, and I have been having trouble sleeping because of it...

I mentioned my shoulder in the OP because I was a bit concerned about climbing down into the room because of my recent shoulder injury... I would not have climbed down in real life unless there was a damn good reason for doing it, such as a person or animal being stuck in said enclosure.

I did it anyways in the dream, with no thought of it even though I was thinking of the pain in my shoulder even in the dream. And I didn't know anyone was in the "pit" either... there was no sounds coming from within, it looked empty

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There's no reason to be confused, once the elements of your dream are put into perspective. (I have the dream forum faved, and pop in now and then for the more interesting dreams. Been doing this interpretation stuff for years.)

Whenever you are in an interior location in a dream, it's indicative of an inner struggle or turmoil you have going on in your life. Interior locations (houses, typically, but caves as well) depict an introspective aspect of your mind. You're looking inwards. It's interesting to see your mind's reflection as a cave with white washed walls, and it yields that within your own mind your troubles are sparse and far between, you have pure thoughts (little, if any, negativity) but the dim candlelight tells me you don't share your personal thoughts very much with others. Your inner mind is clean, sparse, and tidy. Not a lot of clutter.

So what does this dream tell us about what you were thinking? The small room to the side depicts the answer to your dream, that spot you have been questioning, but not went to yet. The person in the room with you while dreaming often indicates something your subconscious is trying to tell you, and in this case, it's a depiction of an unknown person. Someone your mind doesn't know, but you didn't feel threatened by him, as if you were ready to go where needed. The descent into the "other room".

The physical ailments you have are presenting themselves in your dream, your subconscious perhaps trying to tell you that you are more capable than you realize. Since you were able to make the descent painlessly, you proved to yourself that you can prevail over what is troubling you.

The Jesus-like figure you meet in the corner of your mind is something that has been bothering you, not so much as religion itself, but let's say your mind picked out something that you can relate to. People with vast stores of biblical knowledge often present dreams with philosophical or patronly individuals. This particular depiction of someone for your mind to "talk" to simply depicts someone you respect as an individual, someone who you could trust.

You acknowledged the depiction your mind presented, and allowed (briefly) your subconscious control. It was so very real, wasn't it?

The key phrase your subconscious produced should clear up any confusion. The "sins of the many" was originally coined as the "needs of the many", a philosophical conundrum of morality. When you are switching terms, you also need to address the changed meaning. You were not thinking about the requirements of the many, but rather the harm that many do to others. "Harm" is a pretty broad category, but you know better than I the definition.

You were empathizing with all the pain and hurt within the world. You snapped awake because noone can handle all that at once, but yet, to embrace it is a sign of spiritual evolution.

For that brief instance, you were connected. Dreams allow us that.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
... "the sins of the many out weight the sins of the few"

This is an interesting statement.
Going to take care of some business at "Sodom & Gomorrah"...was insightful direction.
Druid42 had some good things to say, as well.
But, back to "the statement"...
On the surface, this is just "regular math". So, how, or why, would it even be given as a reason for "Lord" to be "leaving us"?
If you were to accept the Christian tale...of Jesus, with his band of followers & disciples...this could make sense, as - he had to leave them (the few sins/sinners) to take care of the rest of the world (many sins/sinners). And, of course, this is actually a part of that tale - "Where are you going, Lord?" - "Where I go, you cannot follow..." (etc...).
Anyway - good luck with this. Dreams are a mysterious subject to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There was one other man standing with me... I don't remember his face, but he was standing at the entrance to a small room. This room had a drop of about 5-6 feet to the actual floor, and in the center was a rock formation.

The room in your dream is under the sphinx. He is there waiting.www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join